PDA

View Full Version : jigs

andyuk697
6th October 2009, 09:38 PM
evening everyone

im ordering the steel to make the wishbone jigs tommorow and need to know the following

on the front lower jig what width and total lenth are the 5mm spacers?

on the front upper jig what lenth do the 25mm 6mm spacers need to be?

many thanks Andy

HandyAndy
6th October 2009, 10:07 PM
i think the 5mm spacers for the front lower wishbone jig are 195mm as in fig 5.3 on page 57,

as for the end plates that are 25mm x 6mm, looking at the large 8mm spacer in the center of the jig plate then looking at fig 5.12 on page 63 , you have the threaded round tube which is 30mm external diameter plus the 8mm spacer plate but remember to take into account the 98degree angle,
does that help Andy?

cheers
andy

andyuk697
6th October 2009, 10:22 PM
hi again
ive made the jig for the front lower wishbones as to book specs
i cut the 25mm seamless to lenth placed them on the plate put the tubes on the end mitred them measured them to lenth end to end
and now the holes on the plate dont line up with the holes in my jig to bolt the plate down i cant see what ive done wrong :s any ideas?

thanks Andy

andyuk697
29th October 2009, 09:21 PM
hi all has anyone else had problems with the front lower jig see above post

thanks Andy

Bonzo
30th October 2009, 08:34 PM
I seem to remember reading some of the missing posts & believe that the lower wishbone arm measurements are a tad over long to allow plenty of material for notching the mitres.

The first set I made needed a bit of trimming from my tubes :)

Provided the jig is made to the book measurements, trim away untill it is a good fit.
The wishbone will end up to the book spec. ;)

Ricky
30th October 2009, 09:19 PM
hi we know now the length of the 5mm spacer but what is the width and what is the length of the end plates cause we already the rest of the sizes so could anyone help on that

Ricky
30th October 2009, 09:22 PM
hi we got the info on how long the 5mm spacer is but we dont know what is the width and also the end plates we know the width and thickness but we dont know the length can anyone help with this info

andyuk697
1st November 2009, 11:50 AM
hi thanks for the reply
i will bolt the plate to the jig and trim the tubes til they fit,

as for the 5mm spacers i didnt place them on the jig untill i had all the tubes in place on the jig then i placed the spacers under the plate just so its sat on them to raise it up 5mm as i think thats the only crucial thing am i right??? anyone?

thanks Andy