PDA

View Full Version : Cv boots

jasongray5
7th October 2009, 06:13 PM
Has anyone used these? And are they any good?
;) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SIERRA-CV-BOOT-DRIVESHAFT-GAITER-KIT-EASY-FIT_W0QQitemZ180412568341QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a016d5315&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

CHeers Jas

londonsean69
7th October 2009, 06:42 PM
what? a smilie? dunno if it will hold the grease:D

Jimmyd
7th October 2009, 07:28 PM
Errrrrrr click on the wink it's a link.

Haven't ever used a stretchy boot but others have claimed them to be good.

J

adrianreeve
7th October 2009, 07:31 PM
My local factor had the normal type in for a fiver each, and as the drive shafts have to be taken apart to get on the roadster, I'd go for those instead, as I've had bad experiences with the stretchy ones.

Cheers

Adrian

londonsean69
7th October 2009, 08:39 PM
Errrrrrr click on the wink it's a link.

Haven't ever used a stretchy boot but others have claimed them to be good.

J

Doh. To be honest I would never have bothered to hover over it to find out, unless I was told.

It's all about web accessibility. I had a bitch at our marketing dept. the other day. They put a blue, underlined piece of text in an email. It wasn't a link.

It's just what people expect to find. Blue, underlined text, is usually a link

Sean

Trophy Blue
24th October 2009, 10:01 PM
Renault started these stretch-over driveshaft boots in the late 70's, they are usually better than the standard ones as the quality of the rubber has to be greater to survive the stretching. I have no experience with the ebay ones though.

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 10:32 PM
Changed a few Renault 5 boots many moons ago, boy do those things stretch :eek:

Tried the glue together ones once, that was once too many :rolleyes:

Did glue my fingers together quite well though !!?? .........so that's what the latex gloves were for :o :D

flyerncle
26th October 2009, 07:45 PM
Dont ever try and get the top off Superglue by using your teeth,yes you have got it first time glue on the tongue and teeth.Good job it does not stick to wet surfaces,the cheeks still clench at the thought of it.