PDA

View Full Version : Bush tubes & Camber adjusters

Bonzo
15th October 2009, 02:26 PM
Here you go chaps

As mentioned in another thread. Here is a full set of book spec bush tubes complete with a pair of camber adjusters + the 2 locking nuts.

When I bought my bush tubing I cut the full length up, hence the spare set that I never got round to selling on ebay.

The bush tubes were cut in the bandsaw then machined square & to length in the lathe.

I no longer require the camber adjusters & lock nuts as I have made quick adjusters for the rear of my car ;)
The camber adjusters will require a bit of a wire brushing as they have been made a fair while & were originally only dusted with some satin black as a tempoary coating :rolleyes:

The camber adjusters were made using high tensile threadded bar as opposed to general purpose zinc plated studding.

Heres a picy

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/Bonzoronnie/bushtubes.jpg

22 bush tubes, 2 camber adjusters & 2 lock nuts

£25 the lot & including UK Mainland delivery

Hopefully this will do a fellow forum member a good turn :)

PM me if you are interested

Talonmotorsport
15th October 2009, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a bargain to me, will you be suppling a half round file to fettle them to the correct finished size? only joking :D :D :D

Bonzo
15th October 2009, 07:20 PM
A round file should not be required ;)

This was discussed in detail prior to the great forum melt down.

The concensus of opinion was to leave the weld seam unfettled as it provides usefull grip for the poly bush. ;)

I have used the same material on my own wishbones in conjunction with 3GE's poly bushes.
Fit like a like a glove & work as they should ( Not too tight, not too loose )

The trouble with reaming this sort of material is that it is all too easy to overcook things & end up with loose fitting bushes :eek: :eek:

spud69
15th October 2009, 07:31 PM
A round file should not be required ;)

This was discussed in detail prior to the great forum melt down.

The concensus of opinion was to leave the weld seam unfettled as it provides usefull grip for the poly bush. ;)

I have used the same material on my own wishbones in conjunction with 3GE's poly bushes.
Fit like a like a glove & work as they should ( Not too tight, not too loose )

The trouble with reaming this sort of material is that it is all too easy to overcook things & end up with loose fitting bushes

I did the same with mine Ronnie and have worked a treat...:)

HandyAndy
15th October 2009, 07:37 PM
look at the quality of the welding on the camber adjusters in the photo above :cool: then look at the photo of some camber adjusters on the ebay thread that cost more than Ronnie,s complete set , including delivery, thats a bargain :cool: with quality too;)

cheers
andy

Bonzo
15th October 2009, 07:47 PM
That's no ordinary weld, it's a M&S weld.........45 degree angle groud on the threadded bar for full root penetration OO-ER Missus :D :D

Talonmotorsport
15th October 2009, 08:27 PM
Which company is making the bushes, not just buying them in and moving them on but making the moulds and producing bushes 0.3mm under size?

londonsean69
15th October 2009, 09:20 PM
That's no ordinary weld, it's a M&S weld.........45 degree angle groud on the threadded bar for full root penetration OO-ER Missus :D :D
I did the same, gave it a decent chamfer for a root, with plenty of weave. Nice straight cap after that.
Mine were grade 12.9 bolts with the heads cut off.

The offerings from GTS are shockingly bad - why leave the bolt head on? It looks mank

Which company is making the bushes, not just buying them in and moving them on but making the moulds and producing bushes 0.3mm under size?

Go on, spoil us - who is flogging sloppy bushes??

jasongray5
16th October 2009, 01:12 AM
Would love to get my hands on a pair of those nuts Ronnie:eek:

flyerncle
16th October 2009, 03:57 PM
Go the whole hog Jason and have the root penetration treatment too !:D

(you started it Ronnie !):rolleyes:

Bonzo
16th October 2009, 10:03 PM
That one had me rolling about the floor Paul, classic :D :D

jasongray5
16th October 2009, 11:09 PM
Because even though I am a firm beliver that standards get you no where, even I have a limit...:eek:

flyerncle
17th October 2009, 11:22 AM
I will freely admit to being a sick man but there is fun in a little depravity now and again and we all laugh at others pain (although that had nothing to do with this thread),
and the fact the Bonzo exlpained good engineering practice with such eloquence has tickled many cannot be a bad thing.

Getting back to the thread proper, Who in their right mind would A, produce crap like that and B, worse still buy it.

My humble opion of the skill base on this forum, Its second to none !;)

Just the root then Jason...........