PDA

View Full Version : brackets

andyuk697
15th October 2009, 08:24 PM
hi guys
just thought id share a pic of what i made today using just a angle grinder and a bench vice and a hammer oh and a drill

cheers Andy

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd328/awuk697/DSCF0397.jpg

LeonN
15th October 2009, 08:54 PM
i canot see a pic man:confused:

andyuk697
15th October 2009, 09:18 PM
i canot see a pic man:confused:

should be sorted now
sorry its a bit blury lol

cheers Andy

londonsean69
15th October 2009, 09:21 PM
Nice looking brackets there.

I had a bash (literally) at making mine - I ended up buying them.
I think I need a bigger vice:D

HandyAndy
15th October 2009, 09:31 PM
well done there Andy,
when someone asks you in the future "where did buy your car" you can tell them, with pride "i didn,t buy it , I built it" :cool:

andy:)

andyuk697
15th October 2009, 09:48 PM
well done there Andy,
when someone asks you in the future "where did buy your car" you can tell them, with pride "i didn,t buy it , I built it" :cool:

yeah thats the plan im going to try and make everything i can
i love the challenge of trying to figure out how to make bits aswell rather than just buying them and bolting them on also its cutting down on my build funds which are very very limited

thanks Andy

HandyAndy
15th October 2009, 09:55 PM
i know what you mean about limited build funds, ask Ash G what i was like at the Stoneleigh kit car show :o Ash was impressed with my haggling skills or as i refer to being a tight git :D
(full set of lights except the headlights for my car i got for £26 including bulbs :o )

cheers

spud69
15th October 2009, 11:16 PM
I can confirm he is a tight git...:rolleyes:

Well done, they look nice, i did mine the same in the vice and they turned out fine. Only thing is i don't believe you'll get your 12mm bolts through them holes..;)

Lets see if you can make the "front lower wishbone plate" on your own though, i tried and i failed.

AndyH

HandyAndy
15th October 2009, 11:24 PM
I can confirm he is a tight git..

AndyH

:o :o :D
i,m saying nowt:p

andy

flyerncle
16th October 2009, 03:54 PM
Squeek Squeek !!!!!:D

thwang
16th October 2009, 07:10 PM
hi
good job andy but if you dont want to tackle the front lower wishbone plates i think i have a spare set gathering over spray and dust.
regards thwang
im only over the boarder

andyuk697
16th October 2009, 08:25 PM
cheers

cool is it a lazer cut one i didnt fancy making the lower wishbone plates to be honest they look far too intricate to by hand

Andy

hi
good job andy but if you dont want to tackle the front lower wishbone plates i think i have a spare set gathering over spray and dust.
regards thwang
im only over the boarder

AshG
16th October 2009, 09:03 PM
andy is so tight he cant squeek. its not like he cant afford it, the real problem is that he thinks it might wear his trousers thin from the friction of making the squeek.

only kidding :D

Andy braggs that he managed to get his lights cheep, but he fails to mention that he got so carried away at the rally design stand he had to call home for a budget increase :D

HandyAndy
16th October 2009, 09:17 PM
Andy braggs that he managed to get his lights cheep, but he fails to mention that he got so carried away at the rally design stand he had to call home for a budget increase

what i didn,t tell you Ash was that i had to do the washing up for a week for the budget increase :D
if i,d not phoned home to "ask permission to spend more" i,d have been sleeping with my dogs outside in their kennels for a week :eek:
mind you.... wouldn,t be the first time i,ve slept with a dog or two :D

what Ash didn,t tell was that we then teamed up to try & get a bigger discount off the fancy dash he intended buying, it worked to a point ;)

andy

thwang
17th October 2009, 01:26 PM
hi andy
laser cut ones

NEroadster
22nd October 2009, 12:46 PM
I did manage to make the lower wisbone plates by hand the biggest problem being bending them. The fabrication just required a lot of patience and more time than money. Bending them was acheived in the end by heating the plate and bending in a vice. I have to admit to being seriously pleased with the end result. I made my wishbone brackets not totally happy with them but they are on the car and everything fits and moves as it should do

thwang
22nd October 2009, 07:51 PM
hi andy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/ambertwang/Picture067.jpg

been sat on the shelf so need a clean.
thwang

Ricky
26th November 2009, 04:27 PM
Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me in fig 4.25 it shows you must put a spacer when using the jig to attach the front brackets now does those spaces go on the front part only or on top and bottom and the inner brackets to

Ricky
26th November 2009, 04:31 PM
i mean does it only go on top or does it go on the bottom and inner brackets to ?