PDA

View Full Version : Donor parts from Estonia

mopple
17th October 2009, 01:59 PM
Hi to all, mu first post here, although registered in April.

Currently gathering and refurbishing donor parts for my build. Have already broken a 83 1.6 Pinto Sierra and another 83 2.0 Pinto is waiting to be broken. Also have bought rear axle from a 2.3 diesel with 3.38 ratio diff and disc brakes. Probably will use these for my own build.
So I already have a spare set of donor parts: front uprights with brakes, steering column and wheel, prop shaft, 2 diffs, push in halfshafts, rear bearing carriers with drum brakes and wiring loom.

Know that these parts would be useful for builders in Britain, but the problem is that I live in Estonia. So I had a little idea. As there are still quite a lot Sierras left here. Would it be a viable idea to gather some more donor parts, load them into a minivan, dive to England and distribute them to fellow Roadster builders?

Madis

aerosam
18th October 2009, 08:18 AM
Hi Madis and welcome!

It might be worth your while, if you collect a good number of donor parts and bring them over to one of the kit car shows next year - you should have no trouble selling them there, as sierra parts are used on many more cars than the roadster.

Good luck with your build,

Sam

londonsean69
19th October 2009, 11:29 AM
Aside from the steering being on the wrong side, would there be any other differences between a LHD and RHD sierra?

I know we don't use the Sierra rack, just wondering if there are any other bits that 'might' not fit

mopple
21st October 2009, 11:29 AM
Actually that's a good question. Also starter motor and clutch arm are reversed. But to AFAIK the drive train should be the same. Maybe someone else can clarify?

Aside from the steering being on the wrong side, would there be any other differences between a LHD and RHD sierra?

I know we don't use the Sierra rack, just wondering if there are any other bits that 'might' not fit