PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Sports Cars Ltd - SSC

spud69
18th October 2009, 09:13 PM
As some of you will be aware, over the last few months i have been putting together a new business venture called "Saturn Sports Cars Ltd". Well from the 1st November the company will officially be up and running and ready to take any orders. The business is based in Hartlepool (heard all the monkey jokes) and will be providing services based on the Haynes Roadster concept by Chris Gibbs. We are currently securing a 120sqm unit fully equipped solely for operating Saturn from. Saturn will be producing roadster cars based on the Haynes Roadster but branded as SSC and also chassis, components and parts for other builders. Please feel free to have a look at the preview website www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/preview and we would welcome any feedback you may have (positive or negative). Please ignore the "stores" page as this is not finished yet and there is more to add. I believe that this company and service will be a major benefit to the Haynes Roadster brand going forward with the current roadster and other ventures going forward. Other services will be added to the website as they are developed.

From the onset "HandyAndy" will be on board with Saturn and will still be providing chassis packs under his own name but working from Saturn. As i'm sure you all know Andy has a major standing in the community and will be a great asset to Saturn and greatly assist in developing the brand as Haynes and Saturn. Andy will continue to provide his excellent chassis packs to all.

As part of the service a new addition will be to produce and provide the Gel coated body sets previously supplied by Mark at Triton Race Products, Saturn are in negotiations with Mark to purchase the moulds which will be handed over in the coming week. Prices for the sets will remain the same as well as quality and service previously provided by Mark. Mark is handing over the production of seats to his daughter and son-in-law who will continue to produce the Triton seats. Saturn will also be developing a body set based on the AC Cobra / shelby style kit for use on the Haynes chassis. Work will also continue in the development of the body set for the Single Seater car currently in the design and development stage by Chris Gibbs. These are part of the handover from Mark and will be used in the new design by Chris.

Please feel free to raise any concerns or queries that anybody may have prior to the website and business officially starting on the 1st November 2009

Best Regards....Andrew Hugill and HandyAndy

Now i've got that out the way i'm off to the pub for a few celebratory drinks for Jenson's success.....:)

AshG
18th October 2009, 09:21 PM
should be interesting :D

gingea1pom
18th October 2009, 09:21 PM
Excellent and well done.

I wish I had the coconuts to do something like that.

Saved in my favourites and I will watch you grow.

Good luck

Cheers Ginge

Tatey
18th October 2009, 09:24 PM
All i have to say is wow :D. Sounds like you've got it all sorted, you dont happen to need any part time help from an inexperienced labourer do you? :p :D

One comment i do have to make is, i feel that you should change the first image on the website to the second one, as i personally feel it looks better. :p

fabbyglass
18th October 2009, 10:10 PM
It was a hard decision for me to make but one that had to be done, that or go fruit loop:o

I would like to wish the two Andy's all the best with things and a bright future with their new venture.

Ed and Emma will work together producing the seats and intend keeping seats in stock. Stock items will be in black with colours to order. The website will be altered shortly with contact details etc.

Tickety boo all round really and chuffed to bits all the hard work over the last 18 months or so is to be carried on by perhaps more enthusiastic loons than me....;)

Chris Gibbs
18th October 2009, 10:30 PM
I'd like to wish the two Andys good luck with their new venture and place on record my thanks to Mark for all his hard work in aiding the promotion of the Roadster book and his recent work on the single seater.

It's much appreciated mate, I owe you a few pints. ;)

Cheers

Chris :)

tkpm
18th October 2009, 11:28 PM
Best of luck for your new venture, i'm sure will have geat success with it.

Will Saturn Sports Cars be at the Exeter Show.

davielad
19th October 2009, 09:26 AM
the website looks very good. congrats!
hope it goes well for you both.
davie

HandyAndy
19th October 2009, 10:48 AM
We,d like to say thanks to all for your kind words of support & the messages of wishing us good luck & success for Saturn Sports Cars Ltd,

its an exciting time for us both, one we are both eager to embark upon, & relish the challenge of making Saturn a resounding success.

again, many thanks for your support.:)

cheers
Andy:)

dogwood
19th October 2009, 11:00 AM
Hi, I want to add my congrats to you and Handyandy.

It looks like a great venture, and I'm sure it will do well.
Not only to supply a complete car ready to go,
for those without the time or know how to build it themselves.
But also to supply all the parts as a one off,
so a builder can buy them as budget allows.

I like the look of your web site as well.
Nice and easy to use, with all the info there
without having to klick dozens of windows to get where you want to be.

On a personal note.
If you could find an easy way of getting it registered in France.
It would make it perfek....:rolleyes: :D

David

Bonzo
19th October 2009, 11:01 AM
That is great news :cool:

I hope the venture is a great success & I am sure that it will be. :) :)

Well done to you both.

The web site is cool ;)

HandyAndy
19th October 2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks David & Ronnie,

now there may need to be another change

as we,re both called Andy & both of our cars are Tango orange it may get confusing :confused: so maybe i need to change my name & be known as "shorty" :o :D

once again thanks to all for your support, :cool:

cheers
andy ( shorty )

Bonzo
19th October 2009, 11:24 AM
Nah, get spud to change his name to lofty :D :D

Once again, all the best to both of you :) :)

dogwood
19th October 2009, 11:54 AM
Yea Lofty and Shorty.......:D

Now there's a pair for ya....:eek:

spud69
19th October 2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks to you all, the support so far has been very encouraging. And we really appreciate it....:)

As for names i think either:

Sooty and Sweep

or

Bugger and Sod

Again thanks to everyone and i'm sure we will return the support in service and by developing Haynes Roadster and SSC as a brand name similar to other cars

Regards.....AndyH

Janne E
19th October 2009, 12:16 PM
I wish you both good luck and hopes it will be a succes!!!:) :)

Cheers Janne E / Sweden

3GE Components
19th October 2009, 01:25 PM
Good luck fellas :)

If you need any help, don't be affraid to ask. ;)

Kind regards

John

HandyAndy
19th October 2009, 04:09 PM
Good luck fellas

If you need any help, don't be affraid to ask. ;)

Kind regards

John

Thanks John, thats very kind of you :)

hope you are ok & wish you the very best .

cheers

andy...aka shorty :rolleyes: :D

DaddyA
19th October 2009, 05:01 PM
Good luck fella's with your new enterprise,

hope it all works out.

Web site looks good as well.

Coozer
19th October 2009, 05:07 PM
Good news chaps, good luck with the venture.

PS: Any jobs going?

Steve:) :)

HandyAndy
19th October 2009, 05:12 PM
thanks Guys :)

its an exciting time :cool: as for jobs..... we,ve ran out of new names for anyone else at the moment :o :D

andy aka shorty

car.mad
19th October 2009, 06:10 PM
looks good!

congrats :cool:

Jake

mark
19th October 2009, 07:58 PM
thanks Guys :)

its an exciting time :cool: as for jobs..... we,ve ran out of new names for anyone else at the moment :o :D

andy aka shorty

Good luck fellas, like i said when/if you need a hand im happy to help out in my spare time and im only a minute down the down the road too, then we can be teessides answer to the three stooges!

And make sure you pay attention when making those body sets as im first inline for one!

HandyAndy
19th October 2009, 08:08 PM
Good luck fellas, like i said when/if you need a hand im happy to help out in my spare time and im only a minute down the down the road too, then we can be teessides answer to the three stooges!

And make sure you pay attention when making those body sets as im first inline for one!

Thanks Mark ,

all we need to know now is what colour???? will it be the three stooges that have been Tango,d???:eek: :D

cheers
Shorty:eek:

spud69
19th October 2009, 08:17 PM
that's great, cheers Mark.

Does that mean we're going to have three orange cars within 10 miles of each other...We just need to get on the track and see who has the fastest orange one....:D ;)

mark
19th October 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks Mark ,

all we need to know now is what colour???? will it be the three stooges that have been Tango,d???:eek: :D

cheers
Shorty:eek:

Probably, but with black wheel arches

The pictures of spuds car on the website look superb so thats decided it for me

So yes please i will take a full body set in the same tone as David Dickinson :D

spud69
19th October 2009, 08:27 PM
Probably, but with black wheel arches

The pictures of spuds car on the website look superb so thats decided it for me

So yes please i will take a full body set in the same tone as David Dickinson :D

Thanks Mark, the website will be up and running soon. There's just the body sets to go on now, i've been promised they will be complete over the next day or two.

Regards....AndyH

mark
19th October 2009, 08:37 PM
that's great, cheers Mark.

Does that mean we're going to have three orange cars within 10 miles of each other...We just need to get on the track and see who has the fastest orange one.... ;)

That will be handyandy then, even with a standard cvh as there will be less
drag............................................

coz he cant see over the scuttle :D

Not like us gorrillas :eek: :D

fabbyglass
19th October 2009, 08:40 PM
"Little and large".......there yer go sorted;)

Janne E
19th October 2009, 09:33 PM
And Marks last bodywork goes to..................SWEDEN!!!

Cheers Janne E:) :)

HandyAndy
19th October 2009, 09:41 PM

coz he cant see over the scuttle

Not like us gorrillas

i might be small but as i found in my bike racing days, i,m probably carrying 30kgs less weight :p late braking was my "ace card" as less MASS to slow down , either that or i,m attaching a tow rope to the back of Spud,s car :D

shorty:cool:

ps .... i,m using a childs booster cushion to see over the scuttle:o

spud69
19th October 2009, 09:45 PM

coz he cant see over the scuttle :D

Not like us gorrillas :eek: :D

First job to do Mark is to make Andy a periscope to see over the scuttle :D

And we'll have more weight over the rear wheels, more grip, in the corners..........

frankie boy
19th October 2009, 10:33 PM
HI
Good luck guys with your new venture.
Was thinking of getting some parts from Mark for my new project?
What will be the time scale now? and will the quality be the same.

spud69
19th October 2009, 10:46 PM
HI
Good luck guys with your new venture.
Was thinking of getting some parts from Mark for my new project?
What will be the time scale now? and will the quality be the same.

Hello Frank,

Thanks for the support, its appreciated.

Timescale at the moment for new body parts would be supplied by mid to end November for orders placed soon. We are just in the moving process to the new unit but by 1st November everything will be up and running.

With regards to the bodies we are having an extensive hand over with Fabby so that we can ensure that quality matches that of Marks excellent reputation.

Any new company is built on referrals on quality and customer delivery so this is our top priority.

Again Thanks for the Support........AndyH

fabbyglass
20th October 2009, 12:29 AM
Old tat or overalls you don't mind throwing away or better still some of those suits spray painters use.....then we can have a wee play with the runny stuff.

Balidey
20th October 2009, 10:12 AM
Good luck with the new venture.

But I saw the SSC in the title and imediatly thought of the Thrust SSC and the new Bloodhound SSC. Obviously that SSC stands for Super Sonic Car.

spud69
20th October 2009, 11:58 AM
Good luck with the new venture.

But I saw the SSC in the title and imediatly thought of the Thrust SSC and the new Bloodhound SSC. Obviously that SSC stands for Super Sonic Car.

Thank You.....That was the idea Balidey just to get people thinking, SSC, you where the first one to catch on.

Well Done.......;)

deezee
20th October 2009, 12:56 PM
Sadly, when I think of Saturn cars, I think of the God awful American car brand :eek: If you play computer games, they are the entry level, cheapo car in Gran Turismo and Forza. I'm hopeful that your company will change my association to a high quality kit car manufacturer :D

Jimmyd
20th October 2009, 02:20 PM
Good luck chaps I hope all goes well!!

If you're looking rid of body panel "seconds", the ones that you've practised on cheap let me know.

J

Well if you don't ask ......

HandyAndy
20th October 2009, 02:25 PM

If you're looking rid of body panel "seconds", the ones that you've practised on cheap let me know.

J

thanks Jimmyd,

"if you don,t ask" ????? :D :D

cheers
shorty :o

spud69
20th October 2009, 04:57 PM

J

Andy's built his reputation on that one J.

I'm sure there'll be something we can sort out.

AndyH

HandyAndy
20th October 2009, 07:53 PM
Andy's built his reputation on that one J.

AndyH

:o :o ;) :p

shorty

MightyMouth
20th October 2009, 08:15 PM
Hey, Good luck guys. Hope GM doesn't mind you using the name Saturn (http://www.saturn.com/) for a car company.

spud69
20th October 2009, 08:28 PM
Hey, Good luck guys. Hope GM doesn't mind you using the name Saturn (http://www.saturn.com/) for a car company.

they're american and we don't listen to them anyway, all naf looking cars aswell except for maybe the Sky roadster which ain't to bad.

Thanks....AndyH

londonsean69
20th October 2009, 08:38 PM

That's if they don't go bust soon:D

(GM not Spud n Shorty;))

Blade
20th October 2009, 08:47 PM
Good luck in your new buisness lad's it will be good to see you go from strenth to strenth , when i start a new build i'll be in touch for some stuff

HandyAndy
20th October 2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks Dave, much appreciated :cool:

you,ll know where to find us when you,re ready to start a new build.
don,t forget to let me know how you get on / where you are in your challenge for next year ;)

cheers

shorty ( aka andy )

jasongray5
22nd October 2009, 01:49 AM
Well guys, sorry I havent been able to congratulate you sooner (been away with work since sunday night)

But all the best in your new venture, im sure you both have the determination and cunning to make this work!

By the way, for names, how about erm, let me think,

Cannon and Ball

Blackadder and Baldrick

Dangermouse and Penfold

Pinky and perky

Torville and Dean:D :D

Or what about, Dastardly and Mutley:eek:

Seriously though guys, all the best, and cant wait untill we see a saturn stand at one of the big shows!
Jas

Land Locked
22nd October 2009, 06:00 AM
Here's wishing the two of you all the best for the future.
May you be busy enough to pay the bills and quiet enough to enjoy your family.

spud69
22nd October 2009, 09:22 AM
We're off to clean out the unit today prior to moving in so maybe 'Aggie and Kim' would be appriopriate....;) Chris Gibbs is paying us a visit soon so its got to be eat your dinner off the floor clean - Hope shorty (Aggie) is reading this.....:D

Anyway, thanks again for the comments. We shall be just as enthusiastic in return. But your right family and kids do come first, i've been sucked into that trap before and certainly not again.

With regard to shows, Exeter is a bit too soon and far to travel down to - too much going on. The intention is to hit Stoneleigh and Newark with a full stand.

Thanks Again......AndyH (Kim for the day)

HandyAndy
22nd October 2009, 09:30 AM
:eek: i,ve now got a picture of Andy H with pink furry rubber gloves on in my mind :D

tho i don,t know which is which, Kim or Aggie but the thought is a scary one : :D

both a pair of scrubbers :p

shorty aka Aggie aka andy

spud69
22nd October 2009, 09:34 AM
:eek: i,ve now got a picture of Andy H with pink furry rubber gloves on in my mind

tho i don,t know which is which, Kim or Aggie but the thought is a scary one : :D

both a pair of scrubbers :p

shorty aka Aggie aka andy

As long as you weren't dreaming of it.......:(

Aggie is the large lady who talks posh but is really a complete scrubber....

Regards.....Kim (the nice one)

OH NO, JUST HAD A LOOK ON THE WEBPAGE, KIM IS THE BIG FAT SCRUBBER

spud69
22nd October 2009, 09:46 AM
A good suggestion by Aggie, but going forward as we become established we'll be developing our service and products offered so any suggestions on what kind of products / components we should be concentrating on?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated........:)

Now off to get the pink fluffy rubber gloves out of the wives bedside cabinet!!!!!

VladD
22nd October 2009, 10:40 AM
A good suggestion by Aggie, but going forward as we become established we'll be developing our service and products offered so any suggestions on what kind of products / components we should be concentrating on?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated........:)

Now off to get the pink fluffy rubber gloves out of the wives bedside cabinet!!!!!

A Caterham 21 style body kit would be nice. Don't know if you'd have to adapt the chassis for doors though.

RAYLEE29
22nd October 2009, 01:21 PM
excellant news well done guys :D
sorry its a bit late but been busy busy busy
Ray

Bonzo
22nd October 2009, 01:37 PM
I have come up with a cunning plan !!??

How's about me wearing a SSC badge at Exeter show

I could then stand in front of some of the major stands & dish out SSC flyers :D :D

I'm sure W or C wouldn't mind :eek:

Bet I could get myself kicked out before 11am :D

NEroadster
22nd October 2009, 02:07 PM
Congratulations on your new venture, I will have to pop down and have a nose around I'm only just up the road (well about 30 minute drive) should be nice and convenient if I need anything. If you ever need any professional engineering support let me know. I work for a FTSE 100 company designing vehicles for off road and military use and am an excellent 3D CAD modeller.

jasongray5
22nd October 2009, 04:09 PM
I have come up with a cunning plan !!??

How's about me wearing a SSC badge at Exeter show

I could then stand in front of some of the major stands & dish out SSC flyers :D

I'm sure W or C wouldn't mind :eek:

Bet I could get myself kicked out before 11am :D

Love it!:D

fabbyglass
22nd October 2009, 09:24 PM
All set for drive to numptyshire?

aerosam
22nd October 2009, 09:39 PM
Good luck with ot all guys! I'd love to be doing what your doing there.

aerosam
22nd October 2009, 10:16 PM
Thank You.....That was the idea Balidey just to get people thinking, SSC, you where the first one to catch on.

Well Done.......;)

Just be careful your not confused with SSC motorsport - who make the SSC Stylus!

HandyAndy
22nd October 2009, 10:27 PM
Good luck with ot all guys! I'd love to be doing what your doing there.

thankyou for your kinds words, exciting times indeed, tho today we both were a right pair of scrubbers :D the unit is now spotless, & almost ready for work.

first thing into the office after the desk was a soft cosy sofa ;) , not that we,ll get much chance to sit on it:cool:

Ronnie, trust you !!!! live dangerously!!!!we,ll send a badge in the post, lol

thanks for everyones kind words of support, it is much appreciated by both of us, even more so when on our knee,s scrubbing a floor:eek:

cheers
andy(shorty)

spud69
22nd October 2009, 10:28 PM
Just be careful your not confused with SSC motorsport - who make the SSC Stylus!

Thanks for that Sam, can't find any info about them the only SSC i can find is Saxo Sports Club or Sanders Service Company. But i did just find this http://www.ochryfoel.btinternet.co.uk/sscweb/ but there isn't much info.

We are branded as Saturn Sports Cars with a logo of SSC, so i think should be okay. Did do a search on registered names and trademarks so should be okay. But will look into it.

Thanks Sam......AndyH

spud69
23rd October 2009, 03:36 PM
Just about to go off for the weekend, so firstly thanks to all for the support over the last 5 days. Secondly the website is now live, www.saturnsportscars.co.uk with e-mail direct to me or Andy (Little) of Andrew@saturnsportscars.co.uk.

Have a good weekend all.......AndyH (Large)

VladD
23rd October 2009, 03:42 PM
Just about to go off for the weekend, so firstly thanks to all for the support over the last 5 days. Secondly the website is now live, www.saturnsports.co.uk with e-mail direct to me or Andy (Little) of Andrew@saturnsportscars.co.uk.

Have a good weekend all.......AndyH (Large)

That first link is wrong. The one in the signature is correct.

Also, one minor thing, when on the "Media" page, if you click on Video, the "Video" link jumps above that of "Roadster Bodies".

Ah, second minor thing, on the "About Us" page, the text runs off the bottom of the frame.

I'm trying to be helpful, not critical honest.

Great site and good luck.

dogwood
23rd October 2009, 04:07 PM
That first link is wrong. The one in the signature is correct.

I think Spud forgot he's building cars.
www.saturnsports.co.uk ..........Wrong....:rolleyes:
www.saturnsportscars.co.uk .....Correct..:D

David

geeman
23rd October 2009, 04:45 PM
wow:eek: , cant belive i didnt spot this thread, thats quite some venture to be undertaking and wish the best of luck to both of you. Thats a great website and i hope it works out very well for you:)

HandyAndy
23rd October 2009, 05:36 PM
thanks guys, Tall Andy is driving & i,m sat in passenger seat with the lap top, stuck in slow traffic on the M1 :mad:

thanks for your input on the website, i,ve just checked it out with regard text falling off the page, it seemed ok for me tho took a short while to fully download but did load correctly, as does the video link, :confused:

yup.... large Andy missed the "cars" bit in the link :o well spotted, will sort that out . ;)

again cheers for all your support & wishes of good luck & success, its much appreciated.

cheers
andy ( the short one )

DaddyA
23rd October 2009, 05:39 PM
Hi,

again nice website. just looking at the bodywork????

Just so you don't go out of pocket too soon - your front wings are cheaper to be delivered than picking them up????????????????????????????????????????

thought you might want to know.

Can I have discount now????:D

HandyAndy
23rd October 2009, 05:45 PM
the link in previous post is now corrected, :)

DaddyA.....thanks for the tip, we,ll sort that out too, if you order some wings you can collect & pay the higher cost :p :D only joking, thanks, will get that changed.

cheers
shorty

dogwood
23rd October 2009, 05:59 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/image3_thumb.jpg

VladD
23rd October 2009, 06:05 PM
thanks for your input on the website, i,ve just checked it out with regard text falling off the page, it seemed ok for me tho took a short while to fully download but did load correctly, as does the video link, :confused:

I've just tried again and it's not happening any more. Must have been the PC having a funny 5 minutes.

Have a good weekend. I don't envy you being on the roads, it's the busiest day of the year traditionally.

HandyAndy
23rd October 2009, 06:09 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/image3_thumb.jpg

:D i forgot my booster cushion, i,m in that car somewhere

traffic is horrendous :mad:

cheers

shorty

ps.... we,ll start playing eye spy in a minute :eek:

HandyAndy
24th October 2009, 08:52 PM
guess who,s had a very interesting last 24hrs??? :cool:

having fun :)

shorty

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 08:54 PM
Spill the beans Shorty :D ......................I have always wanted to say that :D :D :o

HandyAndy
24th October 2009, 08:56 PM
Spill the beans Shorty :D ......................I have always wanted to say that

working with sticky stuff ;)

shorty

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 09:10 PM
I guess you'll be high as a kite for the next few hours then :eek:

Must admit though, I quite like the smell of the stuff :confused: :o

Hope it all went well for you both ;)

HandyAndy
24th October 2009, 09:13 PM
the fumes aren,t as bad as i imagined :D

we,re both really enjoying the experience, still at it now since 9.30 this morning :eek:

another long day tomorrow then all systems go :cool:

cheers
shorty :)

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 09:34 PM
the fumes aren,t as bad as i imagined :D

cheers
shorty :)

That'll be because it kills all sense of smell & taste within the hour :p

You wait untill you get in tonight & Sue gets a whiff of you :eek:

HandyAndy
24th October 2009, 09:48 PM
:eek: not going home till tomorrow , but yes it,ll be straight into the shower before the fumes get to my dogs :o

cheers
shorty:)

fabbyglass
25th October 2009, 12:29 AM
Fumes? what fumes are they then............:confused:

Tatey
25th October 2009, 02:24 PM
Potential project for you's to lower costs of getting the chassis plates cost...:

http://www.lesnewell.co.uk/Plasma/Plasma_index.html

http://majosoft.com/engraving/html/home_made_plasma_cutting_machine.html

Doesn't look too difficult.

mark
30th October 2009, 01:38 PM
It just so happens that Saturn Sports Cars is literally 10mins down the road from me and i have already met the two Andys a few times so i went over on wednesday to pay visit them at their new unit. (and because im nosey ;) )

I wasnt sure what to expect but i was impressed, its a decent size and nice and clean, room for two chassis builds on tables, a cutting area, a good long work bench along one side and still room for a few customers cars if needed. They were also just putting the finishing touches to a dedicated fibre glassing area that they have built a wall around to ensure its kept clean and away from all the grinding etc.

All in all very good and they seem to have planned it perfectly, its certainly gonna be a one stop shop for everything roadster. Also the fact that andyh has finished a roadster and handandy has almost finished one makes them very knowledable indeed (im gonna beat you to it now your busy handyandy :p ) Whilst i was there i ordered my body........ probably be the first full roadster body kit out of the moulds at saturn :cool:

AndyH texted me today to say that my David Dickinson couloured gelcoat had arrived and they said they should have my body done by the end of next week :D speedy customer service or what!

I will post up some pics of the completed body so people can see the quality which im positive will be as good as fabbys. I also think anybody who is planning on going to stonleigh next year in their finished roadster needs to get a body ordered soon to avoid disappointment as i can invisage them being extremely busy in the near future especially when the single seater is launched.

Keep up the good work lads

spud69
30th October 2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you Mark.....I believe you've put it just as it is.

Best 50 notes i've ever spent......;)

Tatey
30th October 2009, 09:40 PM
Will SSC be selling suspension brackets, bush tubes or bushes any time soon?

spud69
30th October 2009, 09:46 PM
Will SSC be selling suspension brackets, bush tubes or bushes any time soon?

Yes Tatey, we can already supply pre bent suspension brackets, just need to add them to the web site, along with aeroscreen, IVA dashboard and bulkhead with battery tray and steering column cover AND the next job is to source crush tubes and poly bushes.

It's going to take a short while but the intention is to supply all components required to build the Haynes Roadster and then develop this into supply of the single seater. Could start off from the beginning by offering these parts but i want them to be sourced correctly with the quality and price right.

Regards...AndyH

Tatey
30th October 2009, 10:01 PM
May i ask how much you are currently selling the suspension brackets for (a complete set)?

Sounds like you have it all sorted out.

Cheers

spud69
31st October 2009, 12:40 AM
May i ask how much you are currently selling the suspension brackets for (a complete set)?

Sounds like you have it all sorted out.

Cheers

We're getting there Tatey,

For the suspension brackets we can supply them delivered and including VAT for £3.45 each or collected for £3.15 collected. This is the same for the suspension and damper brackets as they are virtually the same.

These will be added to the website later on this week.

Thanks...AndyH

AshG
31st October 2009, 01:38 AM
thats £55.20 for the 16 wishbone brackets and £20.70 for the 6 shock brackets

or am i adding it up wrong?

spud69
31st October 2009, 09:02 AM
thats £55.20 for the 16 wishbone brackets and £20.70 for the 6 shock brackets

or am i adding it up wrong?

That is correct Ash, when you compare it to other suppliers and add vat and delivery it is slightly cheaper.
When i first got prices for these particular plasma cuts from the supplier i use my opinion was that the brackets where slightly overpriced, i got them to reduce each one by 50p but this is the lowest they would go. Still saves a lot of awkward cutting though....

Regards...AndyH

3GE Components
31st October 2009, 10:27 AM
That is correct Ash, when you compare it to other suppliers and add vat and delivery it is slightly cheaper.
When i first got prices for these particular plasma cuts from the supplier i use my opinion was that the brackets where slightly overpriced, i got them to reduce each one by 50p but this is the lowest they would go. Still saves a lot of awkward cutting though....

Regards...AndyH

Only some suppliers mind ;) Ours are £55.08 (Shock & wishbone with the VAT, delivery & forum discount)

Kind regards

John

spud69
31st October 2009, 05:03 PM
Only some suppliers mind ;) Ours are £55.08 (Shock & wishbone with the VAT, delivery & forum discount)

Kind regards

John

You're right John, one reason i didn't put them on the website as i thought they were a bit dear but they are there if anybody requires them.

Regards...>AndyH

AshG
31st October 2009, 07:40 PM
sorry i seem to have caused a rucus. i was just practicing my adding. at the end of the day its easier than grinding them out so it has to come at a price.

i butchered a bit of 5mm plate the other day to make an inlet manifold. took me hours and still looks rough compared to a lazer/plasma cut one.

dogwood
31st October 2009, 08:07 PM
i butchered a bit of 5mm plate the other day to make an inlet manifold. took me hours and still looks rough compared to a lazer/plasma cut one.

Yea, I've seen it, Rougher than barbed wire lined underpants.:eek:

David

spud69
31st October 2009, 08:07 PM
sorry i seem to have caused a rucus. i was just practicing my adding. at the end of the day its easier than grinding them out so it has to come at a price.

No rucus caused at all Ash.....:) The thread was getting a bit too nicey nicey anyway. For the cost of getting the sheet steel and doing the cuts yourself its hardly worth it, i originally cut all my plates out for my first car and it took hours and they weren't all that good.

Anyway SSC starts officially trading tomorrow and getting some nice orders in, haven't got a landline yet (getting pee'd about by BT) but will put it on website when we've got it.

Cheers....AndyH

londonsean69
31st October 2009, 08:09 PM

Plasma can look rough when a numpty is operating it (like me:D) although it is only hand held, not CNC, and using templates makes life a lot easier.

I don't think there is a rucus, both parties offer a service, similarly priced. Up to the customer where to put their folding.

There are brackets on EGay for about £1.50 each, who knows what the quality is like?? (Pretty good actually)

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

I have had kit from 3GE, and it is perfect (was welding it up today actually)
I have had some cracking kit off EGay, and some total sh1te.

I have not yet had the pleasure of getting anything off SSC, but as they both have/are building a roadster, they have an attachment at a personal level, which I am in no doubt will carry through into their business offerings.

HandyAndy
31st October 2009, 08:28 PM
I have not yet had the pleasure of getting anything off SSC, but as they both have/are building a roadster, they have an attachment at a personal level, which I am in no doubt will carry through into their business offerings.

Thankyou Sean, & yes you are right, we both feel very strongly about offering quality products, & we,re both proud of our cars both fully built & on the road & mine not so quite finished :o & i,m sure this will filter thru to the service we provide to the "Roadster world".

May i say this on a personal note........ The work & effort & expense that Andy (Spud69) has put into creating Saturn is amazing, now that we,re spending alot of time at the Saturn premises i can vouch that Andy(Spud69) is a perfectionist, if something is not right it is either done again or worked on until it is. :cool:

cheers
andy ( the short one )

TQ_uk
1st November 2009, 03:04 PM
Saturn will also be developing a body set based on the AC Cobra / shelby style kit for use on the Haynes chassis.

Realise its early days but this ^^^^^^^ got me very excited :)

Any more info at this stage?

drury318
1st November 2009, 03:13 PM
I have to say my suspension brackets came from daveo1121 on ebay item130340782132, they were spot on and fitted perfectly, all exactly the right measurement, £1.25 each.

londonsean69
1st November 2009, 05:36 PM
I have to say my suspension brackets came from daveo1121 on ebay item130340782132, they were spot on and fitted perfectly, all exactly the right measurement, £1.25 each.

Same here:D

I also got my threaded tubes for wishbone adjusters from him.

AshG
1st November 2009, 09:45 PM
oh dear what have i started. i didnt mean to start a discussion on suppliers prices i was simply trying to be helpfull adding it up :eek:

all i can say is im very torn. if were in the position of purchasing plates/parts for my car i wouldnt know who to go to. i have a soft spot for both 3ge and ssc obviously as i get on with both john and andy.

there is one thing i do know. i would rather put my money/life in the hands of either 3ge or ssc any day before i got something off a random ebay seller i dont know.

I know andy and i know john, neither of them would let anything go out the door that wasnt 100% perfect. yes you can get cheep brackets off ebay if you want. but and its a big but! you cant put a price on piece of mind and someone you can fully trust!

axle
10th November 2009, 03:17 PM
This is is how I feel Ash, both of them are making such a perfect car and such an inspiration for the rest of us to get to that level.

spud69
10th November 2009, 03:44 PM
This is is how I feel Ash, both of them are making such a perfect car and such an inspiration for the rest of us to get to that level.

PASS THE KLEENEX :p :p :p

Just had Complete Kit Car in today doing a full feature on Saturn, will be in December or January edition.

Thanks Axle, we are both well chuffed.

Bugger and Sod....:)

axle
10th November 2009, 04:06 PM
You are welcome, i shall make sure to get a copy!

HandyAndy
10th November 2009, 04:21 PM
You are welcome, i shall make sure to get a copy!

sadly our ugly mugs were photographed for the article too :eek: :D

thanks for your kind words Axle, the forum support has been/is fantastic & really appreciated.

cheers
andy ( the short one :o )

alga
10th November 2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks to Ash I have already subscribed, so looking forward to looking at the ugly mugs in print! :D

spud69
26th January 2010, 03:11 PM
Good Afternoon to all,

Just to keep all builders up to date the stores range has been extended over on the Saturn website, as more suppliers are found then further items will be added, all items will remain relevant to the Haynes build. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The next step is to put together a kit package for builders to purchase in order to build their own roadster along with the manual, this is not far off now and hopefully will push on the Haynes Roadster as a brand to rival some of the other major players out there.

Thanks for looking.......AndrewH

AndyLockwood
26th January 2010, 07:42 PM
The sites looking great and the ever expanding srores section is going to be extremely usefull. Maybe some sections in the store page for differant engine fitments would be usefull ie mounts for pinto / zetec ect.

Cheers

Andy

3GE Components
26th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Hey Andy(s) how's the calender going?

Kind regards

John

spud69
27th January 2010, 09:34 AM
Cheers Andy, yes that would be useful. There will be more going on as time goes by.

John - was too late in the day for the calendar and not enough participants ( 2 or 3 ) to complete. But will be putting one together for 2011 - assuming everything is still going okay....:o

3GE Components
27th January 2010, 10:55 AM
Probably for the best really, at least it gives you the chance to sort it out properly, rather than rush it.

Kind regards

John