PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line ends.

DaddyA
19th October 2009, 04:13 PM
Hi,

just wondering how people are securing the fuel hoses to the solid pipes?

Are you using compression fittings or just push on and jubilee clips(or alternative)?

car.mad
19th October 2009, 05:04 PM
personaly i would use jubalee clips, simple and easy but others may do different

Jake

spud69
19th October 2009, 05:36 PM
Daz if you can then sweat on a solder ring copper coupling onto the pipe then the solder ring will give you a bead to seal the tube then a hose clip to hold the tube in place. Worked fine for me.

AndyH

DaddyA
19th October 2009, 06:33 PM
Cheers for the replies,

I was thinking of soldering some olives as a stopper, had to solder on some 90 deg bends as the tube deformed slightly. So thats probably the way ahead.

Planning on using a bike fuel pump so pressure wil be quite low.

Thanks again:)

mark
19th October 2009, 07:26 PM
Hi,

just wondering how people are securing the fuel hoses to the solid pipes?

Are you using compression fittings or just push on and jubilee clips(or alternative)?

If you are flaring your own brake pipe ends your tool will more than likely be able to flare your fuel line too.

Thats how i did mine and it worked a treat :)

Not wanting to teach granny how to suck eggs :o but when using the clips to secure the flexible hoses to the solid lines make sure you use fuel clips and not ordinary hose clips, the fuel ones tighten up much better on the small diameter stuff.

AshG
20th October 2009, 12:28 AM
i flared the ends of mine with my brake pipe tool worked a treat. mark when you say fuel clips do you mean the ones with little screws through them rather than a worm gear jubilee as thats what i have used.

mark
20th October 2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah thats them Ash

If you go in any motor factors and ask for fuel line clips thats what you get rather than jubilee type. Im sure that normal clips would still seal properly but for a few pennies i would rather get the proper ones :)

Coozer
20th October 2009, 04:24 PM
Your IVA inspector will be chuffed with the proper fuel clips as well. When I went for SVA he mentioned they were superb, just the job, better than garden clips.

Steve