PDA

View Full Version : Low oil pan for Pinto??

Janne E
21st October 2009, 01:56 PM
Anyone who knows if there is someone who sells low oilpans for Pinto??
If itīs made in alloy itīs even better??:) :)

Janne E

frankie boy
21st October 2009, 07:50 PM
HI
Burton power do a low sump in alloy. Its for RS2000 NOT CHEAP.:eek:
Its not to hard to cop the the pinto sump as the book. Give it a go.:D

davidimurray
21st October 2009, 10:22 PM
How much height do you want to save? I am just in the process of chopping mine down and you can only take about 20-25mm off before the sump is level with the bottom of the bellhousing.

AshG
21st October 2009, 11:06 PM
i sliced nearly 45mm off mine. its 35mm to the same height as the bell housing. i went the extra 10mm as scraping the sump on a speed hump has different results to scraping the the bell housing

spud69
22nd October 2009, 08:29 AM
i sliced nearly 45mm off mine. its 35mm to the same height as the bell housing. i went the extra 10mm as scraping the sump on a speed hump has different results to scraping the the bell housing

Most speed bumps are fine, its just the short ones where your front wheels have gone over before your rears lift up. Even with the sump fully shortened your chassis will still hit some of these. I would consider leaving the sump as low as you dare, maybe 25mm below chassis, and fitting a sump guard to protect the sump from stones and gravel as you are blasting round the country lanes......:D

The most crucial thing is to fit a separate oil pressure gauge, easy to fit and mainly for peace of mind, just so that you know that the engine is getting a good supply of oil. Not fitted on the sierra dash and once the oil light comes on its certainly too late.

AndyH

Janne E
22nd October 2009, 09:19 AM
Anyone who know the height of Burtons sump pan??
I called them but they had problem to understand what I mean.
My English is not the best!!:D :D
Probably I will cut the original sump for about 35-40mm, it should be nice with some buffles inside.
Anyone who had pictures on a buffled sump??

Thank for the help Janne :) :)

frankie boy
22nd October 2009, 10:33 AM
hi
You will not need to baffile the pinto sump. The pick-up will still be in the main oil pan. Im on my 3rd pinto sump as i have had some runins with rocks a speed humps.

RAYLEE29
22nd October 2009, 11:59 AM
Dont cut too much off or youll have probs with the pick up pipe
ive used a transit sump and a modded 2wd cosworth pick up pipe
also made a horizontal baffle and welded in
heres some pics (Had to resize them)
my sump is 135mm tall

RAYLEE29
22nd October 2009, 12:07 PM
another pic

Bonzo
22nd October 2009, 05:37 PM
You have done some nice work there Ray :cool: :)

Makes my CVH sump chop look quite agricultural :o :D

Trophy Blue
24th October 2009, 09:12 PM
Mine was done about 4 years before the haynes book came out, a full pdf guide, but very similar

Foiled by tiny attachment limits

try this

If anyone wants the pdf guide, send me your email address

Trophy Blue
24th October 2009, 09:13 PM
or this one fitted