I had 3 attempts....:eek:
Anybody want to buy some scrap alloy?:D

David

londonsean69
22nd October 2009, 12:02 PM
I am intending to make one, but I can't seem to find a dimension for the height

davef63
22nd October 2009, 06:01 PM
I,m having same trouble in finding the scuttle height. I was hoping that some had already built one

Dave F

Land Locked
22nd October 2009, 06:53 PM
I have a 13 page document by Mark Allanson on fabricating a scuttle.

LeonN
22nd October 2009, 07:04 PM
I would hope that some one will pop outside and measure there's. If your engion and rad are in it canot be that hard to work out a sutable scuttle hight. Shore it canot be to critical. Aslong as you can see over it and the bonet still clears the engion.

fabbyglass
22nd October 2009, 09:53 PM
Make it whatever height you want as long as you can see over it...:)
I made the fibreglass ones approx 10" if that helps?
Biggest problem is engine clearance as you need a straight run down to the nosecone or the car will look odd.

Spikehaus
22nd October 2009, 10:06 PM
So any ideas Mark what you will do for my V6? A power bulge & higher scuttle? Hope to see you at the Exeter show to chat about what you can do. Do you have a damaged nose cone, scuttle or formers i could borrow or buy to get an idea of what heights i need?

Also, when you are not busy send me a pm so i can come order my seats. Ideally like to try them if you have some ready without gel coat.

Make it whatever height you want as long as you can see over it...:)
I made the fibreglass ones approx 10" if that helps?
Biggest problem is engine clearance as you need a straight run down to the nosecone or the car will look odd.

fabbyglass
22nd October 2009, 10:54 PM
So any ideas Mark what you will do for my V6? A power bulge & higher scuttle? Hope to see you at the Exeter show to chat about what you can do. Do you have a damaged nose cone, scuttle or formers i could borrow or buy to get an idea of what heights i need?

Also, when you are not busy send me a pm so i can come order my seats. Ideally like to try them if you have some ready without gel coat.

Nowt me old mucker as Mr Spud's yer man now for body work and as for seats my daughter and her partner have taken over production.

Ashg's car will be at Exeter wearing a pair of wide seats if that helps?

les g
22nd October 2009, 11:00 PM

Spike
dont forget i,m local to you my scuttle and nosecone available if you want todrop them onto you,re chassis to see where they fit etc
cheers les g

Trophy Blue
24th October 2009, 08:45 PM
I have a 13 page document by Mark Allanson on fabricating a scuttle.

Funily enough, so do I :D :D :D

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't mind a copy if you happen to have one ;)

Perhaps I could take a few measurements sometime when it is convenient :) :)

Trophy Blue
24th October 2009, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't mind a copy if you happen to have one ;)

Perhaps I could take a few measurements sometime when it is convenient :) :)

Pop over anytime, just ring to make sure I am in, PM me your email address and I will send it over (open to anyone else as well)

Land Locked
25th October 2009, 01:47 AM
Oh dear, I should have mentioned that I would be quite happy to e-mail to anyone that wants a copy. Sorry for that oversite.:o

Trophy Blue
25th October 2009, 10:01 AM
Mine might be more up to date;)

Regards
Mark Allanson

Land Locked
25th October 2009, 11:17 AM
OOPS.:o my bad

Trophy Blue
25th October 2009, 01:18 PM
:d :d :d :d :d

londonsean69
25th October 2009, 09:24 PM
hahhaha, sweet, I hate it when that happens.

Mark, that crazy South Efrican sent me your document, it's a very nice bit of work you did there.

Bonzo
25th October 2009, 10:11 PM
Many thanks for the PDF's Mark :cool:

Some darn good information there, well put together & easy to follow. :) :)

Well done that man :)