PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Parker Steel..:mad: :mad:

dogwood
23rd October 2009, 06:26 PM
As title.....:mad: :mad:

I ordered a load of steel and alloy sheets from Parkers.

They told me it would be delivered today, but could not give me a time.
I phoned at lunchtime, then they told me it would be here by 3:00pm
Waited till 6:00....Phoned back.
"Oh we've had problems, it will be delivered Monday now"

"Well thanks a f****ng bunch, I've waited in all bloody day.
Couldn't you have at least phoned and told me"

"Well we don't guarantee next day delivery"

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I didn't ask for next day delivery.
Just wanted to know when it will arrive, so I ain't waiting around"

What a load of James Hunts...!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Would love to send a snotty email to the MD
David

PS, Hope you ain't waiting Ash :o

Bonzo
23rd October 2009, 07:27 PM
I bet you were well pleased.......Not :eek:

Why should their problems become yours !!?? :confused: :confused:

Bleeding hate waiting for things that don't turn up :(

Talonmotorsport
23rd October 2009, 09:32 PM
Just imagine if you had to deal with steel suppliers on a weekly basis!
Common phrases used by steel company employees on the other end of the phone
A. I don't have that listed,I don't think we do that . funny you had it last week as I brought 6 lengths of it.
B. I'll get a price for that and call you back in 10mins, phone 9am next day to find out price that I asked at 11am the previous day.
C.We get that on a bulk buy which is why you get it cheaper (CDS for wishbones) not telling how much I pay for that, we've run out till next month so that'll be an extra £17 a length, em pardon me? donk...........beeeeeeeee
D.yeah no probs that'll be with you tomorrow ie Tuesday....wednesday 7.30 am turn up when every things locked up so matey dumps 20+ 6mtr lenghs of steel out side the nearest house to the work shop blocking their driveway.
E. the driver could'nt find the address you gave us.... Its opposite a pub!
F. we hav'nt got any 1.6mm 16 gauge, will 3mm 10 gauge do?

AshG
23rd October 2009, 10:39 PM
i cant stand the parker donkeys on the phone. i just order it online now as it goes straight to the warehouse/delivery people

dogwood
24th October 2009, 09:05 AM
I would have had no prob's if they had said Monday delivery.
Or even if they had phoned to say they are having problems.

I don't know wheather its stupidity or ignorance...:mad:
Either way, defo not the way to conduct a business.

As I said to someone just the other day.
It's better to say NO, than say YES then don't.......

David

aerosam
24th October 2009, 04:52 PM
I always go to the stockist and collect, they cut it to length to fit in the car/trailer and always give a decent discount.

Kwik steel in Cardiff bay - brilliant.

dogwood
24th October 2009, 05:43 PM
I always go to the stockist and collect, they cut it to length to fit in the car/trailer and always give a decent discount.

Kwik steel in Cardiff bay - brilliant.

That is almost funny....:rolleyes:
You try collecting from Parkers...:mad:

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 06:57 PM
I thought the same thing David :D

The office staff at my local stockists are a right shower at times ( Unless one of the owners is within earshot ) ;)

Often come away empty handed.

Recently asked for a small off-cut of 30mm bright round bar " Sorry sir, we dont have any "

well in that case i'll take a couple of metres. " When would you like it for "

How about now, that is why I have just driven 15 miles !!?? " Sorry sir, our cutting room is stacked out with work, try again next week " .......Twats !!??

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the area with my Transit, I called into the stockist for some sheet alloy.

5 past 12, Went to the steel counter & asked for the prices of 1.2mm & 2mm full sheets.

Not paticularly cheap but hey ho thats Cornwall for you.

Ok said I. I'll take Two sheets of 1.2mm & One sheet of 2mm. " Sorry sir, theres no one here to get it for you untill 1pm, you'll have to come back then "

Before I left empty handed yet again. I asked the office bod if it was half hard alloy " No idea " was the reply .

Rather irked by then, I asked, who the hell does. " You'll have to go to the general shop & ask, somone in there might know " !! WTF
Well before I waste much more of my life, will you at least give me the product codes ??

Armed with the codes written on the back of my hand ( I guess the post-it notes are for office staff only )

I went to the shop counter, Gave the lad the product codes & asked the same question " I don't know sir " ............. Methinks here we F*****g go again !!??

" I'll call the suplyers, they'll know " He went to the office, I saw him pick up the phone, he came back after a few moments & confirmed it was indeed half hard alloy.

I told him it it was a pitty that I had to wait till 1pm. " Why, do you need it cutting "
I said no, straight from the rack as full sheets.
" Thats no problem sir, i'll do your invoice & we'll go and load it up " :rolleyes:

Just as well one of the owners wasn't about, any one of them would have blown a fuse :eek:

The'll be told next time I see one of them, that's for sure !!??

dogwood
24th October 2009, 08:42 PM
Had to smile at that Ronnie.
Not because it was funny, but because of bloody De ja vu.

Been there got the T shirt.....T*****S...:mad:

david

Trophy Blue
24th October 2009, 09:40 PM
Ronnie, if that was S J A****** there a a couple of members of staff who think it is a giggle to prat people about. I once went in to order 25mm 16g tube, I asked for ERW, the little sh!t asked me what ERW stood for, I said if he didn't know that already he should go and work in a friggin bakers, I then asked to speak to one of the grown ups and refused to speak with him any further.

The supervisor came over and was a helpful as a helpful person from Helpfulville Arizona. To be fair, he did say they do get a load of pratts asking for stupid stuff. After I said I had worked for Bassetts, Camels and Pall their attitude did change!

Bonzo
24th October 2009, 10:02 PM
Yes I am afraid it was S J A & S

In the days when I was buying in bulk. One of the A bros would deal with the orders personally ;)

The service has gone downhill over recent years & some of those office staff are lazy sods :rolleyes:

After the 30mm bright round episode, i was up there the following week.

Didn't bother going to the steel stores. Went straight up the cutting shop !!
I asked one of the lads if there was any chance that he had an off-cut of 30mm bright round ??

He stopped what he was doing & said " Lets go and have a look "
We went down to the shed, right next to the steel stores office. Pulled out a 1.7m off-cut. " Will that do ) :rolleyes:

He did malke a point of shouting into the office " This gentleman would like to pay for this bit of bar "..........." You know, the one you didn't have time to cut last week )

He went as red as a beetroot :D

David

It must be a universal problem

Brings a whole new meaning to " Nothings too much trouble "

You get nothing & even that is too much trouble !!??

Land Locked
25th October 2009, 01:45 AM
Damn, I would never buy steel if i had to deal with that kind of attitude. I feel positively spoilt here in Sarf Efrika now. :D

Went in to the steel merchants I normally deal with last week, placed the order asked for delivery and paid. (For a change free delivery.) Asked when they would deliver, they said next day. Buy the end of the next day I had a small pile of steel in the workshop. Sadly it's not more steel for my chassis. At the rate things are going I will be doing well to have the bottom rails in place by Christmas.:(