PDA

View Full Version : Kit car clubs

LeonN
28th October 2009, 11:19 AM
i am looking for a local kit car club that holds events/rallies/shows in the north west. mainly as i am tired of being told to SHUT UP about that dam car and would like to meat a group of like minded people once a month to discuss ideas and take inspiration.

i live on the wirral witch is between liverpool and wales. also are there any local builders who i could pop round to see. again for inspiration.

Chris Gibbs
29th October 2009, 11:13 AM
I'd recommend the Locost Car Club, except that the club is suspended at the moment and not taking memberships.

Someone was on about forming a Roadster club on here a few months ago but I can't remember who it was or if anything came of it.

Cheers

Chris :)

LeonN
29th October 2009, 11:17 AM
wHy no new members in the locst club? Seems a little mean. Lol

VladD
29th October 2009, 12:58 PM
I'd recommend the Locost Car Club, except that the club is suspended at the moment and not taking memberships.

Someone was on about forming a Roadster club on here a few months ago but I can't remember who it was or if anything came of it.

Cheers

I was wondering last night whether there was a Haynes Roadster club. There could be meetings at the museum and a few laps round the test track.

Chris Gibbs
29th October 2009, 02:25 PM
wHy no new members in the locst club? Seems a little mean. Lol

The LCC suffered like most owners clubs because of the internet. The club newsletter or meetring used to be the way to gain information about your build but with the spread of the web you can get instant answers 24/7.

We decided that we were flogging a dead horse a couple of years ago and extended all the memberships to 2017 and booked space at the major shows for the same period.

I think if the was to be a Roadster club it should be web based and not traditional.

Cheers

LeonN
29th October 2009, 03:44 PM
Tags sounds fare. Can not say I am not a little gutted but no so as the existing members.