PDA

View Full Version : front lower wishbone

Ricky
28th October 2009, 03:35 PM
hi in the fig 5.3 in the jig it shows from the face of the box section to the 5mm spacer it says 120mm but it does not reach the spacer so what exactly is that 120mm for on the jig

Ricky
28th October 2009, 03:36 PM
so could anyone help me with this info

Ricky
28th October 2009, 03:37 PM
so could anyone help me with this info

Ricky
28th October 2009, 04:16 PM
if someone can help me with this you have to look at the picture of this jig which is fig 5.3 and you will see exactly what i mean from the left where the box section is to the right where there is the spacer you will see there is 120mm space showing for something i understand everything else on the jig except that part i dont know what that 120mm is for

Bonzo
28th October 2009, 05:28 PM
Can't help with this one, I made my front wishbone jig differently :)

I may help to point out that the jigs in the book are an example of how to make the part in question.

There are many ways of fabricating a jig ;)

That said the book jigs are a good way of making the parts that are needing to be jig built & unless you have experience of fabricating jigs, I would reccommend that they are followed.

The critical parts of the jig are the 345mm width of the box section, this sets the width of the wishbone at the bush end.

The other critical measurement is the correct placement & fabrication of wishbone plate support. This is desribed in fig 5.4 This will ultimately set the
length of the wishbone.

The packing pieces are to ensure that the tube are held on the bush tube centerline prior to tack welding.

Personally, I feel that a jig becomes a lot more clearer once you have all the parts ready for assembly. :cool:

NEroadster
28th October 2009, 07:53 PM
I used the jigs in the book the 120mm dimension is not crucial, I used the 120mm dimension to place the bottom of the spacer plate then if the plate is 195mm long the 145mm dimension becomes 160mm this worked absolutely fine using the 145mm dimension it gets a bit close to the lower wishbone plate. I know this because I modelled both the jig and wishbone in 3D cad. Hope this is of help

Ricky
28th October 2009, 09:43 PM
thanks guys for the info i think ill ignore the 120mm and follow everything else on the drawing and yeah you got a point bonzo i think it would be clear once i have everything . Its just im just making sure of everything and just worried about any mistakes its driving me insane just trying to figure out some things in the book

RAYLEE29
28th October 2009, 10:01 PM
The main thing is that the bones end up to the correct dims and you should really have posted this in the correct section. Ray :)

RAYLEE29
28th October 2009, 10:16 PM
sorry that sounds a bit stroppy, it helps others searching if you post in the right place :)

HandyAndy
28th October 2009, 10:25 PM
sorry that sounds a bit stroppy, it helps others searching if you post in the right place :)

:D its true, it does help when others look for info on certain aspects of the build.
see Ray.... i,m "with you" .

good info thread tho :cool:

andy