PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust flange CAD drawings

squbti
28th October 2009, 06:07 PM
hi guys, i thought i would start on my exhaust this weekend & was wondering if anyone had CAD drawings for the pinto exhaust flange, i would like to have it water cut in stainless . I would be greatfull for any help .
thanks
Samy

londonsean69
28th October 2009, 07:06 PM
Just give the water cutters a gasket, they can do it from that

squbti
28th October 2009, 07:23 PM
would tracing the gasket work ? can i just trace it on a paper & scan it to te computer?:confused:

davidimurray
28th October 2009, 07:51 PM
I have just been drawing some - haven't made any yet but will get around to it at some point. I've made them to the exhaust port shape + 1.5mm to allow for a tube to be swaged out to fit. You're welcome to a copy of a DXF but I would make a cardboard prototype before you get any cut.

Also if anyone has a drawing for a pinto inlet flange that would be much appreciated - b***dy hard thing to draw!

squbti
28th October 2009, 09:55 PM
IŽd love a copy david that would be great & iŽll try it first to make sure it fits before cutting the real one .
cheers

davidimurray
28th October 2009, 11:56 PM
Right

Just done a quick check against a gasket I have in the house and looks pretty close. Will prob be getting some myself after xmas so let me know how you get on.

So here is the file - as I say use with care!

http://rapidshare.com/files/299294605/Exhaust_flange.DXF.html

Cheers

Dave

AshG
29th October 2009, 01:11 AM
david you wouldnt happen to have the inlet one would you?

AnguS
29th October 2009, 07:49 AM
the guy that does my laser cutting has them on file, both inlet and exhaust for a pinto

pm me and i will put you in touch

AshG
29th October 2009, 10:00 AM
i just want the file i don't need them cut ;)

squbti
29th October 2009, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much David that looks geat iŽll compare it to the exhaust flange from my sierra & iŽll let you know how it turns out:)
cheers
Samy

davidimurray
30th October 2009, 12:05 AM
Hi Ash

I don't have one yet, although I have started drawing one up - it's a hideously complicated shape that doesn't seem to follow any standard dimensions so make take a while for me to get right! When do you need the profile for - before exeter?

Cheers

Dave

AshG
30th October 2009, 01:07 AM
i have hacked one out of 5mm plate for now but would like a nice pretty one. its the hole spacings that are the most critical. i sent some scans of my gasget to john at 3ge to see if he could draw them up but something went wrong with the file

3GE Components
30th October 2009, 12:53 PM
I've orderd a gasket from my local motor factors, so will have a pinto inlet flange to add to our list soon.

We currently have:-

Zetec
Duratec
C20XE Vauxhaul
as inlet flanges

Pinto
4AGE 20v Toyota
Audi 20v turbo's TO3/TO4
as exhaust flanges.

If anyone wants others please send me a gasket and I'll add them to our dxf list.

These flanges can be in alluminium upto 10mm thick, stainless upto 12mm thick and mild upto 20mm thick. Prices vary accordingly.

Kind regards

John

davidimurray
30th October 2009, 02:05 PM
John

For your Pinto flanges what size are the inlet/exhaust hole? I was looking at getting mine cut to the same size as the port +1.5mm to allow for tube thickness. Are the exhaust ones cut to the square profile? Also do you include a hole for the water take off point on the head to the carbs. I'm not planning to use this so wouldn't want it on the flange.

Cheers

Dave

flyerncle
30th October 2009, 03:19 PM
Try Shortrack I think Jason does them.

3GE Components
31st October 2009, 10:33 AM
John

For your Pinto flanges what size are the inlet/exhaust hole? I was looking at getting mine cut to the same size as the port +1.5mm to allow for tube thickness. Are the exhaust ones cut to the square profile? Also do you include a hole for the water take off point on the head to the carbs. I'm not planning to use this so wouldn't want it on the flange.

Cheers

Dave

Hi David,

Are you planning on puttnig the tubes inside the flange then? We can supply the hole sizes to suit this or to suit the tube welded on the plate. The exhausts are square in profile. We don't add the water take off point.

Kind regards

John

RAYLEE29
31st October 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi, the standard 2.0L inlets are 36.7mm dia if it helps, (I cut an inlet flange from 6mm plate last weekend).im fitting gsxr 600 carbs. Ray:)

squbti
8th November 2009, 09:11 PM
Is 8mm thick stainless steel plate enough for making the flanges?
cheers