PDA

View Full Version : Pedal box

Rik178m
31st October 2009, 03:48 PM
This is going to be abit difficult to explain so bear with me.

The 250mm long plate at the bottom of the box, which bolts to the floor. How wide is it? 50mm? or 53? The book says 53 but it looks like that includes the 3mm thickness of the vertical plate.

spud69
31st October 2009, 04:01 PM
This is going to be abit difficult to explain so bear with me.

The 250mm long plate at the bottom of the box, which bolts to the floor. How wide is it? 50mm? or 53? The book says 53 but it looks like that includes the 3mm thickness of the vertical plate.

I think you're right Rik from memory, but it doesn't really matter as long as you have enough return to fix the pedal box to your floor pan.

AndyH

Rik178m
31st October 2009, 04:19 PM
I love this forum! Always get a straight answer asap!

Thanks mate:cool:

alga
9th November 2009, 11:12 PM
Don't want to start a new thread for my silly question, so I'll ask here: what are the swallow-tail-like plates in front of the clutch and accelerator pedals? What are the cut-outs for?

londonsean69
9th November 2009, 11:30 PM
They are where you bolt for the pedals, the 'swallow tail' sits over the right angled lip of the pedal box.

Jimmyd
10th November 2009, 08:21 AM
I think he means the pedal stops. No idea why theres a "swallow tail". Maybe Mr Gibbs can answer that one. Me things he had a couple of spare pedal mount brackets so put them to good use. Am I correct??

J