PDA

View Full Version : VIN Plate

drury318
12th November 2009, 09:43 PM
I have a chassis number allocated to my car by DVLA, I have stamped this into the chassis & need to make a plate for the body, does anyone who has already done this have a photo of it (with numbers distorted of course!)?, I believe it should state the number & manufacturer`s details in one line?, what have you put for manufacturer, just Haynes special or something like that?? Thanks, Dennis.

ozzy1
13th November 2009, 12:26 PM
Try this link ,scroll down to one listed for kitcars,looks a bit more professional i think and only 8.95 incl postage,or look at this one under ford(yes ford).
Code VW 1. VW VOLKSWAGEN VIN Chassis Plate .

http://www.vin-plate.co.uk/

spud69
13th November 2009, 07:48 PM
I didn't bother with a plate, just stamped the vin number into the chassis and a stamped bit of ali rivetted to the bulkhead. No problem with dvla.

AndyH

drury318
13th November 2009, 08:53 PM
Thats what I was intending, but I read a thread over on locost forum where a guy had failled IVA due to no manufacturer name on his plate, when I checked in the IVA manual it says you need this & it has to be in a single line? Dennis.

snapper
13th November 2009, 09:02 PM
May be worth getting some Haynes specific plates made, I know that Robin Hood/GBS do some for there cars and have come across reproduction Lotus Seven VIN plates on ebay by a company in Sennen cove

Trophy Blue
14th November 2009, 10:24 AM
Sennen Cove - do you have any details, I am 10 mins from there!

DaddyA
15th November 2009, 11:48 AM
Hi,

apologise for hijacking thread.

How long before DVLA responded with a VIN?

Wrote a letter to Exeter a good few weeks ago, no reply as of yet.

spud69
15th November 2009, 11:53 AM
Hi,

apologise for hijacking thread.

How long before DVLA responded with a VIN?

Wrote a letter to Exeter a good few weeks ago, no reply as of yet.

You can always make up you own relevant vin number and write to the dvla, local office, and ask if it is already in use. Please check but from memory it needs to contain letters and numbers and be between 14 and 18 characters long.

Mine was - HAYNES0204HUGILL09

They only took a week to respond to mine.

gus
16th November 2009, 09:02 AM
DaddyA,

Just sent you a pm with the direct number for the bloke at dvla exeter who deals with kitcars.

Thanks

Mark

Trophy Blue
20th November 2009, 10:35 PM
DaddyA,

Just sent you a pm with the direct number for the bloke at dvla exeter who deals with kitcars.

Thanks

Mark

The guy is a star, I had my plates 45mins after passing SVA by going straight to the LVLA direct from the test, Terry (bless him ) phoned ahead to clear the ground - must have been the smoothest registration ever, I had a tax disk on the car for the drive home from SVA.

dogwood
21st November 2009, 09:20 AM
I can only assume the IVA is different to the SVA then
I didnt have a plate, just the vin number stamped on the chassis.
Oh, and I made it up.

As for the manufacture plate....You are the manufacturer.
It's not a kitcar.....You built it from a book not a box..:D

David

flyerncle
22nd November 2009, 06:15 PM
Current chassis numbers are 17 digits long,characters and numbers.