PDA

View Full Version : Exeter 2009, who's going?

jasongray5
13th November 2009, 08:53 PM
Started a poll, of who's going on what day, and who cant make it!

londonsean69
13th November 2009, 08:58 PM
It's not that I am too busy, but it's a 4 hour drive each way.

BUT, I am definitely going to Stoneleigh. I would love for it to be in my Roadster, but I havnot set a target date or budget for my build, so I'm not going to now:D

flyerncle
13th November 2009, 08:58 PM
Too far by about 800 miles + unfortunately ,there and back.

HandyAndy
13th November 2009, 09:02 PM
i can,t vote on this as i,m trying to get there , would be great to meet up with some forum members if i make it there :)

cheers
andy

Chris Gibbs
13th November 2009, 09:17 PM
I can't vote either - I'm going to be there both days ;)

Cheers

Chris :)

DaddyA
13th November 2009, 09:18 PM
Definately going, day un-decided at the mo, but probably Sat witha spare day if needed.

Work as a habit of springing things on you when you least expect it!!

AshG
13th November 2009, 09:27 PM
i cant vote either as i will be there both days.

dogwood
13th November 2009, 09:48 PM
I was hoping to go down with Ash,
Unfortunatly my other half had better ideas.
Seems we are going to a engagement party Friday night.

So Saturday looks promising for me, with an eye on staying till Sunday.

David

jasongray5
13th November 2009, 09:52 PM
I'm meant to be shooting on saturday? So was thinking of going on the sunday, also, might get a few of the bargins come the end of sunday afternoon??

tkpm
13th November 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm going Saturday, to blow my budget. lol

Matthew
14th November 2009, 05:15 AM
I'm going Saturday and I'm just sorting out my shopping list now

Matt

fabbyglass
14th November 2009, 10:41 AM
If folk not been to the Exeter show before don't expect it to be anywhere near the likes of Stoneleigh for trade stands.....because it aint! One hall with a few car stands and some random stuff and a few trade stands.
I'm trying to get there but it's a longish slog for a one arm bandit:o

3GE Components
14th November 2009, 11:15 AM
If folk not been to the Exeter show before don't expect it to be anywhere near the likes of Stoneleigh for trade stands.....because it aint! One hall with a few car stands and some random stuff and a few trade stands.
I'm trying to get there but it's a longish slog for a one arm bandit:o

Hey Dude, you'll be fine, grab a lift with Les & TJ, don't forget the biscuits though ;)

Kind regards

John

gingea1pom
14th November 2009, 11:51 AM
I have voted and will defiantly be going on the Saturday.

I have never been to a Kit car show and I am picking up some pre-ordered chassis plates from 3GE.

If it hadn’t been for giving Ash a hand I would not have been up close and personal with a kit car and this would have been the first opportunity. It may not be the biggest show but if (like me) it’s your first it will be great being around like minded people.

Having had about 0.0001% of input into Ash’s car I am looking forward to seeing it on a stand.

aerosam
14th November 2009, 04:11 PM
I had been planning to go for some time, to buy parts (shocks, headlights and things) but unfortunatley not got a lot of dosh left this month, and with the wife expecting our first, I wouldn't be popular if I went spending money we don't have.

On the plus side, there is a big autojumble in Tonyrefail on the 29th, might be able to find some bits there instead.

Trophy Blue
14th November 2009, 04:54 PM
I think it will be Saturday, but depends on the forecast, if it is bad for both days, I will have to go in the Golf:o (Could be lifts available if going in the Golf, or one lift if the Seven!)

VladD
16th November 2009, 10:38 AM
I'll be there on Saturday. I'm lucky in that it's only 5 miles from where I live. :D

Who's organising the meet up?

gus
16th November 2009, 10:52 AM
I'll be there on Saturday along with my mate Dave who helps me with my build. Looking forward to seeing Ash's car up close.

Chris Gibbs
16th November 2009, 10:59 AM
1 o'clock at the 3ge stand? both days?

Cheers

davidimurray
16th November 2009, 01:22 PM
I will be down on saturday. Chris, sounds like a good idea to all meet up at the 3GE stand

VladD
16th November 2009, 03:47 PM

Cheers

Sounds good to me.

gingea1pom
16th November 2009, 03:51 PM
Chris,

1 O’clock then, check.:D

I will be the sad ginger bloke on his own!:(

Of to help Ash fit a tow bar to his tin top otherwise his roadster won’t be on the stand.:eek:

dogwood
16th November 2009, 04:24 PM
Of to help Ash fit a tow bar to his tin top otherwise his roadster won’t be on the stand.:eek:

Yea that Ash bloke's a real pain ain't he....:eek: :D

David

Land Locked
16th November 2009, 05:41 PM
Wish it weren't so damn far. I'd love to attend some of the shows you folk have out there.:(

Edit: The straight line distance between Exeter Airport and Jan Smuts (now Known as Oliver Thambo) is approximately 5658 miles or 9105 kilometers.

Link to distance calculator (http://www.findlocalweather.com/forecast.php?forecast=pass&pass=distances&dpp=0&pands1x=egte&pands2x=fajs&Find+distance=How+far+is+it%3F)

SeriesLandy
16th November 2009, 07:17 PM

Cheers

1 Pm sounds good, will be nice to put names to faces. I'll be there on the Saturaday

Spikehaus
16th November 2009, 07:38 PM
Sunday for me, but its all depended on getting the job in on time, why does everything come at once..