PDA

View Full Version : Progress at last

Bonzo
17th November 2009, 12:56 PM
After my recent wonky spell, my build has remained untouched for the last few months :(

At last, some minor progress has been made.

Feeling well but still not able to do anything physical, my youngest son & eldest Grandson went out to the workshop to lend a hand.

Here is a picture of the midway progress

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/Bonzoronnie/100_0262.jpg

Under my supervision, the pair of them done a great job & my floor is now complete :)

My midset was, that somehow, I had cheated. Gutted that I was unable to do this simple job myself.

Didn't have the strength to drill all of those holes, let alone pop the rivets. :rolleyes:

I must say thanks to HandyAndy !! ( He changed my point of view )

The help I had, means that Three generations of my family have helped my build on its way..........How cool is that ??

The last job they done was to set up my weld table & comfy chair.

Hopefully i'll be able to play with my new TIG welder & get my fuel tank made, that should be a nice sitting down job

I'll post some pics of my progress as & when

HandyAndy
17th November 2009, 01:47 PM
looking great Ronnie :cool:

wow thats some rivetting :eek:
my arms were like "Popeye,s" when i did mine, 186 rivets really did punish my less than perfect musular build :o :D .

Yes indeed that is something to be proud of, 3 generations in 1 car .

hope your wonky spell is on the mend.

all the best mate.

andy

dogwood
17th November 2009, 02:50 PM
Looking good there Ronnie.
Slow but sure gets the job done.

Oh hang on a mo...The floor supposed to go on the bottom...:eek:
Looking forward to getting back to my rebuild.
Got loads of new stuff waiting to go on.
Just a couple of bits I'm hoping to pick up at Exeter.
Then I'm all done, and away.....:)

David

Bonzo
17th November 2009, 03:01 PM
Oh hang on a mo...The floor supposed to go on the bottom...:eek:

David

Oh Bo****ks, never mind, it'll do for a toneau cover :D

Andy.........over 300 rivets, I have often been accused of overdoing it a bit with fixings......... Rivets are one of the main culprits :rolleyes: :o

dogwood
17th November 2009, 03:07 PM
....over 300 rivets, :o

One things certain then...
It ain't going to fall off...........EVER !!!!:D

AshG
17th November 2009, 04:21 PM
air rivet gun :D nuf said

looks good though. did you remember to use sealed rivets or are you going to pump them all full of silicone.

i hope your well enough to venture out to exeter show.

Bonzo
17th November 2009, 08:25 PM
air rivet gun :D nuf said .

Did you remember to use sealed rivets or are you going to pump them all full of silicone

Well me being me !! .............Both :o

Each & every rivet dipped in sikoflex before being put in ( That was my nice easy, sitting down job )

Thought about buying an air riveter, spent the money on a new Esab welding screen instead ;)

Besides, in a way, my riveter was fully automatic !!?? :D

AshG
18th November 2009, 02:04 AM
which esab did you get? please say eyetech 2 :D

Bonzo
18th November 2009, 08:54 AM
I got the Origo-Tech 9-13

Probably the model that the Eyetech 2 has replaced

BOC has the Origo-Tec on special offer at the moment £56+vat ;)
I thought it was a good price for a quality screen

Decent shade range too, 9-13

My old budget screen was getting on my nerves a bit, especially with Tig welding :confused:

Close up eyesight not the best these days, I found that the budget screen was not allowing enough of the ambient light through & was needing to place a worklight over the welding area :rolleyes:

Pleased with the new screen & a world of difference over the old one :)

flyerncle
18th November 2009, 06:04 PM
Nice going Ronnie looking good,just be carefull with work light's near MIG welding the spatter make's the 240v bulbs pop inducing rectal tightness/spasm's and soiling :eek:

Bonzo
18th November 2009, 10:05 PM
Nice going Ronnie looking good,just be carefull with work light's near MIG welding the spatter make's the 240v bulbs pop inducing rectal tightness/spasm's and soiling :eek:

There was me thinking that it was my ears popping & wondered what that funny smell was :D

The toughened glass on my halogen worklight didn't like weld splatter either :eek:

I use those energy saver bulbs in my leadlights these days. They stand up quite well to weld splatter ;)

londonsean69
18th November 2009, 10:33 PM

That actually made me LOL

Such a polite way of putting the home-builders phenomenon of "What the f**k was that????"

HandyAndy
18th November 2009, 10:39 PM
Such a polite way of putting the home-builders phenomenon of "What the f**k was that????"

and i can just imagine Ronnie saying the above whilst having the spasm/soiling moment :D :D
sorry Ronnie, but you could always use the "yorkie" if "needs must" to clean up ;)
i mean a tissue not the dog :D

andy

flyerncle
19th November 2009, 06:19 PM
This is not just any forum Sean,it's "The Roadster Forum" with nice polite and knowledgeable people :p