PDA

View Full Version : Tyre sizes

Jezzer99
18th November 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what are the optimal tyre sizes? I seem to recal 195/50 on a 15" rim at the front but can't recall on the rear? Also, I think a 195/50 R15 tyre is okay on a 7J rim - can anyone confirm? :confused:

Thanks...

Talonmotorsport
18th November 2009, 07:36 PM
195/50 on 7j rim should be ok if your going for a low profile look but not a job I'd want to do with tyre levers, big tub of ky jelly and plenty of elbow grease. :eek: :rolleyes:

dogwood
18th November 2009, 07:40 PM
big tub of ky jelly and plenty of elbow grease. :eek: :rolleyes:

I definatly think you're talking about a different post....:eek:

Talonmotorsport
18th November 2009, 08:05 PM
Problem is I can't remember if you need to put the ky jelly on the rubber or the rim......if your in up to your elbows you could be in deeper than you thought......I'll leave that one with you as a mental picture :eek: ;)

londonsean69
18th November 2009, 08:07 PM
Problem is I can't remember if you need to put the ky jelly on the rubber or the rim......if your in up to your elbows you could be in deeper than you thought......I'll leave that one with you as a mental picture :eek: ;)

I'll be damn sure not to drop anything when I'm stood near you ;) :D

HandyAndy
18th November 2009, 08:13 PM
Problem is I can't remember if you need to put the ky jelly on the rubber or the rim......if your in up to your elbows you could be in deeper than you thought......I'll leave that one with you as a mental picture

:D :eek: nearly spat my coffee over the keyboard with reading that :D :D

andy

londonsean69
18th November 2009, 08:27 PM
nearly spat my coffee over the keyboard with reading that :D :D

andy

Coffee?? At this time of night?

<Sips 3rd Teachers and Coke> :D

HandyAndy
18th November 2009, 08:41 PM
Coffee?? At this time of night?

<Sips 3rd Teachers and Coke>

:o :rolleyes: i hardly drink alcohol, tho have been known to down a few at kit car shows, a beer or 3 followed by jack d chasers :D sore head the following morning tho :o

andy

Jezzer99
18th November 2009, 09:00 PM
So is that a yes on the tyre size on a 7j rim??? :rolleyes:

dogwood
18th November 2009, 09:37 PM
So is that a yes on the tyre size on a 7j rim??? :rolleyes:

Oh tyre's...Yes.......:D

flyerncle
18th November 2009, 09:41 PM
The reason why I am homophobic !:eek:

"big tub of ky jelly and plenty of elbow grease"