PDA

View Full Version : Exeter, just got back

nicholas garn
21st November 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi all, just got back from Exeter show. The weather was to be expected; horizontal rain, hurricane wind and hardly any cars outside:mad: , however 3GEs stand was a hive of activity with Ash showing off his very very impressive roadster and gingea1pom showing off his very very impressive 3rd degree burns (ouch). Chris was there with good advice on steering mushroom inserts and the guys from 3GE were on hand to sell me some of their offset mushrooms for a bargain price (cheers guys saved me loads):D .

Ash has done a great job on his car, Ash, I espesially like your rear panel top cover , which I'm sorry but I will be copying it (very neat);) . If you get a chance get down and see it.

I can recommend the beef and mushroom pie in the cafe, very tasty, but avoid the Complete Kitcar mag stand as Adam Wilkins signed me up for a years subscription and a free key ring :eek: , only joking I got a free mug as well, nice bloke.

davidimurray
21st November 2009, 08:05 PM
Just got back myself. Was a cracking day out - my girlfriend even enjoyed it. Ended up spending over an hour and a half on the 3ge stand chatting with everyone. Ash car is looking fantastic and I will no doubt be nicking a few ideas as well! It was a pleasure chatting with everyone - too many names to remember! Right time to get back in the garage :p

gingea1pom
21st November 2009, 08:43 PM
I to, had a great day.

I got there at 10am found Ash and the 3GE boys then wondered around for 2hrs buying tools.:D

Got back to the stand at 12 and spent the rest of the day there chatting to like minded people, just fantastic.

I wish I could marry up the faces in my head with the user names on here.:confused:

If it wasn’t the £10 entrance fee, the 2hr drive and two kids to look after I would go back down tomorrow for the social.

See you all at the next one.

AshG
21st November 2009, 09:06 PM
cheers for coming down today guys. It made my day to have your support. I think today the haynes has really made its mark. There were quite a few people having a really good look around it. I hope the car met you expectations even though its not finished.

Just about to turn in now as its been a really long day for me

Bonzo
21st November 2009, 09:11 PM
To say that I am gutted to have missed out on the show once again would be an understatement :(

I was so much looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

Guess i'll have to start the countdown to next year's Stoneliegh show.

Ash, why not post some pics of your rear end :D

I have been playing with my rear end today !! :eek: :D

Spikehaus
21st November 2009, 09:17 PM
Guys, really sorry, I canna make it this week despite only being 40 mins away. I have taken on a high end fabrication job for Wrigley's that is due on Monday.The only problem is it still has no doors or shelves! Tick tick tick.

I was thinking about coming up at 3.30 ish, but guess everyone will have cleared off by then? Especially with the crappy weather?

PS, Nick G, Gotta try to pop over to see u r project, vice versa, u r only 1 mile away!

Trophy Blue
21st November 2009, 09:29 PM
To say that I am gutted to have missed out on the show once again would be an understatement :(

I was so much looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

Guess i'll have to start the countdown to next year's Stoneliegh show.

Ash, why not post some pics of your rear end :D

I have been playing with my rear end today !! :eek: :D

Why couldn't you go? I wanted to go today but something important cropped up. I still might give it a go tomorrow

nicholas garn
21st November 2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Nick, pitty you can't make it down to Exeter but you've got to pay the bills. It would be great to pop across to see your build so please send a PM when its good for you (normally on the weekend), only problem is, my build is at my place of work in Bovington, Dorset so all I can bring is a photo album and a pack of chocolate hobnobs:D .

Bonzo
21st November 2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Mark

Just still a bit unsteady on my wonky legs & would be too painfull to spend a couple of hours in the car for the drive up :(

At the moment I can manage to potter about in the workshop for the odd hour or so.

Been playing with some alloy whilst sitting on my stool ( Tig welding my tank ) ;)

Daren't risk going to the show, I know it'll set my recovery back :o

Spikehaus
21st November 2009, 09:58 PM
Hey Nick, Often at cottage on the Brewers Quay, so not as far from your build..also not far from Haynes at Yeovil!

In the workshop most weekends, but best to let me know if your coming. It's usually by appointment as some of our work sensitive

Ps, Ronnie, hope you ok, I can drive us to Stoneleigh this year! but maybe not in the Roadster??
Also just noticed, u hit a 1000 post again!

nicholas garn
21st November 2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Nick will do, by the way if your down my way in a week day let me know in advance, you should see what i've got in my workshop. They weigh 16T have 4 tracks a 6.2lt 6 cylinder engine and can swim! I think i've said to much. I'll drop you a PM in the next couple of weeks, Cheers:)

Bonzo
21st November 2009, 10:21 PM
Ps, Ronnie, hope you ok

Fine in myself Nick :) Just having a problem with those wonky legs of mine :rolleyes:

Not going to grumble though, first spell this year & nowhere as bad as last year ( Lost nearly the entire Year )

Lots of folk out there a lot more worse off than me ;)

les g
21st November 2009, 10:37 PM
As usual chris was sat in his chair half asleep and he only walked around the show twice then retired to his throne
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg248/04goodto/IMGP0228.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg248/04goodto/IMGP0229.jpg

gingea1pom
21st November 2009, 10:42 PM
you should see what i've got in my workshop. They weigh 16T have 4 tracks a 6.2lt 6 cylinder engine and can swim! I think i've said to much. I'll drop you a PM in the next couple of weeks, Cheers:)

They went out of service just as I got to a unit that had them, something like 7 turns lock to lock, great fun.:D

nicholas garn
21st November 2009, 10:56 PM
Hi ginge, thought so, I spotted the top you were wearing. If your down Bovi pop in and I'll take you for a spin across the cross country area ;) . Your build looks good nice and neat.