View Full Version : exeter sunday

RAYLEE29
22nd November 2009, 06:57 PM
Hi, just got back from exeter show
It was great to meet Chris, Ash and the guy from 3ge whos name I didnt get
Ash let me sit in his car and play and everyone was very welcoming
so a big thanks to you guys
made a good day great
shame its a bit late to go out inthe garage to do some more electrolosis and painting the show was great motivation
Ray:)

Bonzo
22nd November 2009, 07:30 PM
Glad you enjoyed the day :)

I was looking forward to meeting some new faces :(

Pehaps a few of the folks will make it to stoneliegh next year, thats a fantastic show :cool: :)

Chris Gibbs
23rd November 2009, 10:37 AM
I had a great time!

It was good to meet everyone, I couldn't believe the interest in Ash's car over the weekend.

I'd like to thank Tony and Keith from 3ge for their hospitality and to Ash for the company, get well soon mate, that goes for Ginga too.

Roll on Stoneleigh!

Cheers

Chris :)

Tilly819
23rd November 2009, 10:43 AM
Roll on Stoneleigh!

Cheers

Should be ready by then i hope, if it isnt something has gone badly wrong

Couldnt make the show was tooooo far to travel for a day trip

Sounded like quite a good show though

Tilly

gingea1pom
23rd November 2009, 10:54 AM
Chris,

It was good to meet the man behind the concept and to see your interest in some of Ash’s mods.

I know it is a long way off but what is the plan for Stoneleigh. Will 3GE provide the stand again? Will Ash have his car there again? Would they want a car that is less complete, (rolling chassis), to show off their products in situ?

Just thinking out loud really, I was reveling in it whilst stood on the stand chatting to people, I could do that all weekend. I was desperately trying to sell the pre-cut chassis that 3GE had brought with them. Trying to convert people from a bolt together kit to the Haynes Roadster way of doing things.

Bonzo
23rd November 2009, 11:45 AM
We all pitched in on the locost area last year :)

I dare say there would be room for a partly complete build ;)

Me ?? ............. I'll have to be content with an A0 size photo of my build......Stuck to the side of Handyandys van :D :o

Chris Gibbs
23rd November 2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah we can use the LCC stand for our camping/parking needs and I think 3ge are having a stand too.

Looking forward to it :D

Cheers

HandyAndy
23rd November 2009, 12:32 PM
We all pitched in on the locost area last year :)

I dare say there would be room for a partly complete build

Me ?? ............. I'll have to be content with an A0 size photo of my build......Stuck to the side of Handyandys van

i don,t think my van will be there next year Ronnie, as hopefully i,ll be driving my Roadster there :)

still have the tent with me tho :D

there will also be a Saturn Sports Car stand too:cool:

cheers
andy

fabbyglass
23rd November 2009, 01:18 PM
Hope to be in the veedub hippy bus as Ed and Em will hopefully have a stand and "Dad" can get in for nowt for a change...:D

3GE Components
23rd November 2009, 06:08 PM
Hi

i would like to say a big thank you to Chris And Ash for helping us out on our stand answering all the technical questions during the absence of John for reasons we are all aware.
the show was a great success and as Chris mentioned earlier the interest in Ash's car was amazing
All of your support and kind comments are very much appreciated, and we are looking forward to meeting you all again in the coming year
regards
Keith

jasongray5
23rd November 2009, 11:28 PM
Hi guys,
It was realy nice seeing Ash's car, twas looking aswome!
Sorry I didnt get to meet more of you realy, arrived late, and left early ( had a stinking hangover, Holsworthy carnival night before :o )

Had abit of a chin wag with Ash about his car too, basicaly telling him how awsome I thought it was!

Anywho, looking forward to seeing you all at stoneliegh!

3GE Components
24th November 2009, 04:13 PM
Would they want a car that is less complete, (rolling chassis), to show off their products in situ?

I think this is a great idea, with the book being "Build your own sports car on a budget" I think showcasing forum members' cars gives people the confidence to build their own. This was the thinking behind us asking Ash to display his, so a massive thanks to him for that. We'll be forever in his debt.

Hopefully by the next show I'll be allowed out to play, it was a massive struggle to stay at home for this one (and I hate leaving Keith & Tony to do all the work)

Take care all

John

AshG
24th November 2009, 05:53 PM
(and I hate leaving Keith & Tony to do all the work)

John

rejig that bit (and I hate leaving Keith & Tony having all the fun)

gingea1pom
24th November 2009, 07:15 PM
Well they made a few brews a Ash

dogwood
24th November 2009, 07:42 PM
Just as well hu Ginge.
Coz Ash ain't lightly to.:D :D

gingea1pom
24th November 2009, 07:48 PM
Just as well hu Ginge.
Coz Ash ain't lightly to.:D :D

I don’t know about burn injuries, I nearly de-hydrated in that garage.:D