PDA

View Full Version : recommended upgrades

spud69
23rd November 2009, 01:56 PM
Hi All,

just to let you know, i've just upgraded my rear spings from 200 to 250lb springs and the car feels even better now, more positive and planted on the back end. For the larger drivers i would definitely recommend 250lb springs on the rear. Also i don't have to wind up the springs so much to get my ride height. The 350lb springs on the front are fine.

At the same time i have changed the gear selector to a quickshift, £13.50 from rally designs. This remove the rubber damper at the base of the stick and makes a shorter throw for the change. The type 9 box feels much more positive and racier now. Definitely a worthy upgrade for all builders.

Regards....AndyH

deezee
23rd November 2009, 02:41 PM
My 2nd hand shocks came with 250lb and 350lb springs. What engine is in your car? Any other mods that make it a little heavier than a Pinto book build. I was worried the springs I had would be too beefy. Pretty pleased if they are considered better :D

HandyAndy
23rd November 2009, 02:54 PM
Spuds car has a 2.0ltr zetec in it, ( goes like stink too :D )

my car has the 1.8cvh & i also have 250lb rear & 350lb front springs, tho not on the road yet.

We both went out in spuds car on saturday & it did indeed feel more planted , the doughnut didn,t put it out of shape either :cool: :D

a great handling car :cool:

andy

spud69
23rd November 2009, 03:01 PM
Instead of putting all these kids onto drug rehab programs they should give them each a roadster to build, much better high than any of that sh*t they take.

Been a lovely day up here today, itching to get out again but too much beer last night and too much work prohibits this......:(