PDA

View Full Version : rear calliper orienation

georgenewman1
23rd November 2009, 08:00 PM
sorry guys, i know this has been covered before but im still confused. i noked up some rear uprights in the drum orientation, then bought some adaptor plater from 3g to convert to disks. the first question is do i need to mackine down the original calliper hanger ty the thickness of the plate.
also before i finish weld the uprighs completeley are the book drawings correct as i have seen people mention callipers mounted at 45 degrees before,

cheers guys

flyerncle
23rd November 2009, 08:29 PM
Something like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30468413@N03/3598377861/

georgenewman1
23rd November 2009, 08:31 PM
lush thats how mine are set, cheers fella

georgenewman1
23rd November 2009, 10:02 PM
anyone got any thoughts on millin the hanger down to level it up with the disk or is it fine like it is??

chriseyj
24th November 2009, 10:20 AM
I have also wondered how you compensate for the caliper being mounted further forward on the adapters? I assumed the sliding range of the caliper can cope with it, perhaps there's plenty of play either side of the pads? I also looked at a few pics of the proper disc hubs and the caliper carrier mounting holes do seem slightly raised in comparison to the hub bolt holes.

I am half tempted to just use my drums I got with my drive shafts and ditch rear discs for now, I am a little worried about the front/back bias of the brakes when using rear discs. Especially after AdrianH had trouble with rear drums locking up too soon.

Chris