PDA

View Full Version : Finally found my donor!

rpjg1975
24th November 2009, 09:22 PM
Well after much looking around I picked up my donor from sheffield last nite. It's a 1.8 cvh Estate with according to the spedo 55000 miles on it (i'm thinking more like 155000 but last two mot's only show 54 and 55000. Drove back without any hassles and only some vibration from an unbalanced wheel. It comes with fiesta zetec alloys with good tyres as well so seems a bit of a bargain as I ended up paying £370 for it. More than I hoped for but I think it's well worth it.

Am looking at buying up the next lot of bits that I will need then I can get rolling on my build again.

I'm sure many questions will follow!!! :)

Russ

HandyAndy
24th November 2009, 09:27 PM
nice one Russ, enjoy the strip down process, like i said to Enoch...undo the rear hub nuts whilst car on 4 wheels & remove all the vin plates & hold onto them, & sorn the car , DON,T tell dvla that its been scrapped ,

enjoy the rest of your build

cheers
andy

rpjg1975
24th November 2009, 09:31 PM
Will do andy. Will be stripping it down as I go along anyway due to a lack of space!

We'll have to get that welding visit reorganised now things have settled down

Cheers

HandyAndy
24th November 2009, 10:40 PM
no prob Russ, just let me know when :cool:

cheers
andy

SeriesLandy
25th November 2009, 02:03 PM
Will do andy. Will be stripping it down as I go along anyway due to a lack of space!

We'll have to get that welding visit reorganised now things have settled down

Cheers

As I have found out, make a note of where you put bits off the car in the garage or you will spend an hour in a years time trying to find the sodding bit.

Enoch
25th November 2009, 03:29 PM
Ooh, sounds like a good un, having such a low mileage one has to bode well for the engine and box being in fair shape. Best of luck with it.