PDA

View Full Version : saying hello

baz-r
29th November 2009, 04:59 PM
hi just joined the forum as i have been thinking of a 7 style build for years and finaly im moving to a place that has a garage :)

not dead set on a roadster yet but i love the idea of bilding it all and the fact that thoes nice chaps from 3gp i spoke to at exeter show laser cut it all for you so you cut down on the Tourettes factor (have got quiet good at it now)

thanks also for the good chat ash

any one have an idea on basic build cost ie as the book std sierra stuff?

also i would like to know if anyone in my area has one on the go or finnished

thanks for evryons input as alot of your topics have been very helpful already;)

barry

gingea1pom
29th November 2009, 05:12 PM
Evening Barry.

Welcome, I am 2hrs up the road near Andover if you want to pop over for a look at a chassis in production. I brought my chassis plates from 3GE and have just started fitting them.

As for cost, it has got to be the cheapest way to get the car of your dreams, my steal cost £115 delivered (un-cut). Handy Andy is going for a real budget build, as am I.

If you stick with standard Sierra items It has got to be the cheapest option.

IMHO.

Cheers Ginge

Bonzo
29th November 2009, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum Barry

I am 2 hours in the opposite direction from Ginge :D

Quite a few builds going on less than an hours drive from Exeter & a lot more complete than my build. :o

I had originally set a target of 2k but that has long since been blown from the water :eek:

2-3k would be possible ( IVA & registration fees not included ) .
You would have to go some & be very lucky in the process !!??

4-5k would be a more realistic target for a decent build ;)

tkpm
29th November 2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Barry,

Welcome to the mad house,only kidding

I'm a bit closer than the two, just over an hour away

HandyAndy
30th November 2009, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Barry, lots of builders down in your area.
My Roadster WILL be on the road including IVA costs (depending on how many retests :eek: ) within my original build budget of £3k, best wishes to you regardless of what car you decide to build, The Roadster ;) :D ....only teasing, but its a great car & a great bunch of folk on this forum who always offer help when needed.

cheers
andy

jasongray5
30th November 2009, 09:46 AM
Warm welcome!

Getting to be quite a few of us around this area now! Must be something in the water, or Rattler?

Anywho, if you do choose a haynes, there will be plenty support on here when you get stuck!

Best of Luck

Jas Gray

3GE Components
30th November 2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Baz,

And welcome! As others have already mentioned there is a wealth of experience on here ranging from high (HandyAndy, Jas, Bonzo, Les etc etc) to OK (some bloke called Chirs Gibbs :D ) You're never short of help on anything. And as Ronnie mentioned, there seems to be more of us down here in the west country, although that is changing.

What ever you decide to do, making your own car is very satisfying, and adictive!

Kind regards

John

baz-r
30th November 2009, 02:50 PM
good to see theres people in the area :)

could thoes local boys heep an eye out for a sierra :rolleyes: