PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable

deezee
2nd December 2009, 10:30 AM
I've tried a few cables and they are all too short / no good. What throttle cables have people used and where did they get them from. My car has some ZX6R carbs on the drivers side.

AshG
2nd December 2009, 10:39 AM
I've tried a few cables and they are all too short / no good. What throttle cables have people used and where did they get them from. My car has some ZX6R carbs on the drivers side.

i got the long one from cbs. cost a bit but it was plenty long enough and was the type you can cut down. i have the same carb setup as you but on the passenger side

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/throttle-cable-long-thcab-932-p.asp

also this may help you out. where the cable sits on the carbs you need to make a little seat. i got an m8 rivnut drilled it almost all the way through and weded it to the cable holder thingey. will post a pictre later to make a bt more sense. the other side of it i had to put extra springs to pull the pedal back.

davidimurray
2nd December 2009, 10:50 AM
I've yet to get around to doing this on my car yet - but I have used venhill universal kits on a few cars/bikes before - very useful as they come with lots of bits :p

HandyAndy
20th April 2010, 08:48 PM
looking at buying a throttle cable.........
found this thread thru the search facility............

The linky that Ash has put on here, the cable looks veeeery long, so what else have you guys used?

my engine is the 1.8 cvh on standard carb on drivers side.....any suggestions?

cheers
andy

mark
20th April 2010, 09:52 PM
I used a bike cable from halfrauds and cut the inner and outer to the perfect length

Its a stainlees steel one so should be plenty strong enough and the outer sheath is lined with nylon or teflon or something like that!

anyway it has a nice smooth action :D

Only cost about £3

I put an adjuster at the pedal box end to eliminate any slack and get the perfect tension

HandyAndy
20th April 2010, 10:03 PM
I used a bike cable from halfrauds and cut the inner and outer to the perfect length

Its a stainlees steel one so should be plenty strong enough and the outer sheath is lined with nylon or teflon or something like that!

anyway it has a nice smooth action :D

Only cost about £3

I put an adjuster at the pedal box end to eliminate any slack and get the perfect tension

cheers Mark, i,ll go and have look at the local Halfrauds, & I like the price :D

cheers
andy