PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hose Inside Diameter

Spikehaus
5th December 2009, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know the size of the ID standard sierra hose side? I think its 38 mm but I am to far to measure the hose? I need to purchase flexible hose connections to fit to a Clio 2000 radiator with an inlet & outlet pipe of 34mm outer diameter.

Would a 40 mm flexible hose compress? I am a bit worried after Ash G and Ginger P incident!!!!

Extra info, I want to start up my V6 engine next weekend......

adrianreeve
5th December 2009, 07:20 PM
I don't think you'll get a good seal trying to compress by 2mm. Car builder solutions do a good range of hoses and reducer sleeves to make a proper job of it.

Hope that helps

Adrian

Bonzo
5th December 2009, 07:41 PM
Pesonally Nick, I wouldn't risk using an oversized hose :eek:

As Adrian has said. You'll get a good range of reducers from CBS
They are priced quite keen & will deliver in a flash ;)

Hope you get it sorted & have the engine running as planned :) :cool:

dogwood
5th December 2009, 08:30 PM
the one Ash had the problem with was 32mm
I know this from first hand....:eek:

david

Spikehaus
5th December 2009, 08:47 PM
I think I will stick the digital Vernier caliper on it tomorrow... not worth taking a chance!

chriseyj
7th December 2009, 11:40 AM
Hi Spikhaus, where did you get your clio rad from I have beed looking on the net. Have found a few but want to be sure I'm getting one that offers sufficent cooling for my zx9r engine, did you say its a 2000 model, do you know the litre? The old link to one on ebay in a previous post is dead now.
Thanks Chris

ozzy1
7th December 2009, 11:58 AM
I used a polo rad with the zx9 motor and had no problems with overheating,got if from a company called felgenhaus on ebay .still listed part number 250469410183

TSM Locost
7th December 2009, 12:18 PM
Try these, they list dims. www.northernradiators.co.uk Polo, Clio also Micra are popular.

chriseyj
7th December 2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have been doing some more searching and I think the clio rad part number is RT409 if anyone is interested.
Here's a new ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280428599613

The zx9r has an extra connection on the rad for the oil cooler, do you think I will have any flow issues if I just used a t piece and connected this to the 32mm pipe feeding from the engine. I guess Kawasaki just connect it on the rad for convience.

Where in the circuit will an expansion tank go, it's hard to visualise because I didn't take the bike engine out.

I guess I'll have the flow going to bottom of rad and return connecting to the engine. Will I need another t piece for the expansion tank take off? Am guessing a zx9r uses a pressurised system.
Think I should ask for the zx9r manual for xmas

Thanks Chris