PDA

View Full Version : wiring loom

mark
7th December 2009, 10:47 PM
Spent a couple of hours stripping the loom down of all the unused parts such as central locking, electric windows, blowers etc and ended up with quite a hefty pile of wire :eek:

Fitted it into the car at the weekend and to my relief everything worked as it should apart from a couple of things like the warning lights for handbrake/low brake fluid indicator/ oil pressure light and the alternator battery light :confused:

After learning how to make sense of the wiring diagrams i checked for faults again and again and again, but everything was as it should be

It turned out to be the lights in the dash and the wiring was fine :rolleyes:
They just needed taking out and the contacts cleaning up.

So im feeling quite pleased with myself that its all worked out as i didnt have a clue about automotive wiring. But if anyone is thinking about using the donor loom dont worry about it and go for it because it really is quite simple.

Next on the list ge the megajolt wired in :)

spud69
7th December 2009, 11:09 PM
Excellent Mark, the megajolt is easy to wire in and only needs a couple of lives. The rpm is a bit trickier but the instructions are there for it.

Soon be making some tunes from that lump of steel in the garage. Best book you IVA for end of January.....;)

AshG
8th December 2009, 02:09 AM
any pictures? :D

mark
8th December 2009, 09:20 PM
My camera has been playing up lately so afraid not :(

Need to get in the loft and dig my old one out this weekend

No doubt the mrs will have me get the xmas decorations down too :rolleyes: :D

HandyAndy
8th December 2009, 09:25 PM
Ash......
i,ve seen Mark,s car & it looks stunning,:cool: so well made, in a very small garage too:eek:

nice work Mark, can,t wait for a spin in it :D

cheers
andy

mark
8th December 2009, 09:29 PM
Ash......
i,ve seen Mark,s car & it looks stunning,:cool: so well made, in a very small garage too:eek:

nice work Mark, can,t wait for a spin in it :D

cheers
andy

:o thanks matey