PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic Converter Bypass?

Luke2842
10th December 2009, 11:18 PM
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone uses a Catalytic Converter Bypass for track use? Is it possible to get kits for them or is as simple as a valve and piping? But surely it would have to be precision made to get a good clean flow of gasses through?

AshG
11th December 2009, 09:54 AM
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone uses a Catalytic Converter Bypass for track use? Is it possible to get kits for them or is as simple as a valve and piping? But surely it would have to be precision made to get a good clean flow of gasses through?

most dont have a cat unless its a post 95 engine. even then most people fit a cat for the test then take it off after.

teun
11th December 2009, 03:21 PM
Hi all i do need a kat for my Roadter with a 2.3L dohc engine. A nice looking kat is hard to find here. Can someone help me with a adres in England for a cheap nice looking one?

flyerncle
11th December 2009, 04:10 PM
No such thing as cheap cats in UK, some must be type approved. Try BM catalysts. Good luck.
If you want to remove the cat just make a pipe and the flanges yourself from the gaskets as a pattern.
Sport cats are available too.

AshG
12th December 2009, 06:58 PM
just use a motorbike exhaust end can. all the new ones have a built in cat. something off an r1 zx9/10 should do the job.

ozzy1
12th December 2009, 11:55 PM
have a look at this,have another address i will find and post .

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/magnaflow-universal-polished-catalytic-converter--25inch-inletoutlet-p5856?aff=gp&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc

or buy a silencer with built in cat,raw motorsport do one for 295quid.
http://web.mac.com/rawuk/Raw/Price_list.html

snapper
13th December 2009, 10:21 AM
People that "By pass cats" tend to have a piece of pipe made up that replaces the cat, i.e, take that cat off, put pipe in.
To have a permanant by pass pipe and valve would look messy and be awkward to fit.
There are some motorsport cats available that have much better flow than standard, would not reduce your bhp by much and probably (whilst more expensive than a standard one) be cheaper than adding pipes and valves round a standard one.

ozzy1
14th December 2009, 11:44 PM
Teun,
try this lot, very tidy cat. www.metalcat.com.au

If you let me know what inlet/outlet size you need and what engine i can enquire about price and shipping etc.

teun
15th December 2009, 07:54 AM
ozzy great!:D My roadster is build from parts al over the world.:DI need a inlet and outlet from 2.25" and the engine i use is a 2.3L dohc ford. Hope this is enough so you can give me a price?
cheers

ozzy1
18th December 2009, 05:28 AM
Teun,
price for 200 cell cat with 2.25 inlet/outlet is $494 ,which at todays exchange rate is approx 276 pounds.Weight of cat is 1kg and postage by air is about $39 or approx $18 by sea mail.Best i can find.
Maybe worth buying a silencer from the uk from westfield or Raw with cat built in,i know Raw do a 6 inch silencer with cat for 295 quid + vat and he would likely post to holland.

teun
18th December 2009, 08:38 AM
Ok Thanks Ozzy i see what i do.