PDA

View Full Version : ZX6 or 9R?

DaddyA
13th December 2009, 11:37 AM
Hi,

just picked up some carbs from a local scrappy, seemed a bit clueless to be honest.

Said they were off a 6 but not convinced, How can i tell the difference?

Manifold ends are about 40mm ID and has a throttle position sensor

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu133/tashlotty/DSCN3608.jpg

Even managed to uploads and display this.

davidimurray
13th December 2009, 12:35 PM
Have a look through page 6 of my pics in the facebook link below. Those are a set of ZX6R carbs in my pics.

HandyAndy
13th December 2009, 12:38 PM
if they are zx6r carbs, then as they have a tps it should say "G1! or G number on them somewhere

andy

AshG
13th December 2009, 01:50 PM
if they are zx6r carbs, then as they have a tps it should say "G1! or G number on them somewhere

andy

definatly not zx6r g carbs as the look completly different. could be off a zx9 or different model zx6. either way they will do the job what ever they are.

on my zx6r g carbs the throttle cable attaches on the opposite end to the tps rather than in the middle.

deezee
13th December 2009, 01:59 PM
They don't look anything like my ZX6R G carbs I have on mine. For a start the 6 carbs are around 37.5 ID IIRC

AshG
13th December 2009, 02:34 PM
they must be zx9

here is a pic of a chaps zx9 ones from locost builders

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/Dscn0013.JPG

DaddyA
13th December 2009, 07:40 PM
Cheers for the replies,

looking like they are off a 9R then.

What size main jet are you using?

Mine need a good clean, any tips, apart from being careful with the diaphragm?

AshG
13th December 2009, 08:05 PM
contrary to popular belief you shouldn’t need to rejet them. when they set mine up at ATSPEED they just re-profiled the needles.
a good tuning place will allways try and re-profile the needes before they re-jet.

you have to be very careful when rejetting as it can mess up the low rpm fuel economy.

basically the needles sit down in the jets and as the revs rise the needles lift up out of the jet hole letting more fuel out. so if its fuelling correctly at low revs but under fuelling at high rpm you just make the bottom of the needle thinner to increase the fuel. you should only rejet if the needles are all the way out of the jet and its still under fuelling