PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth Metal Centre

les g
16th December 2009, 11:17 PM
My company has begun using Plymouth Metal Center as one of our preferred suppliers.
So i got the chance this week to pay a visit and check out their stock etc...
They have a bloody good range and are really nice people as well as very helpful
They also carry lots of ERW box
their cash and carry price is £5.10 for 6m of 19x19mm
and £8.20 for 6m of 25x25mm
and £5.50 for 6m of 40mmx3mm flat bar
not bad prices free cutting and loads of stock on shelves also they reckon to be really competitive with ally sheet and nonferrous lots of funny shaped ally angles and trim
hope this is use
cheers les g

tkpm
17th December 2009, 01:31 AM
I my pay them a visit in the new year.

nice one Les g

DaddyA
18th December 2009, 09:56 AM
They were very helpful when I got my ally sheet,

and delivered for a £5.

Spikehaus
18th December 2009, 07:57 PM
MMMM, they only seem to keep material for steel fabricators, I provided them with a list of tube and they sent all the wrong sizes. It was ok for making a gate oe something but no good to an engineering firm. Woodbury Chilcott are much better and cheaper.

les g
18th December 2009, 08:16 PM
MMMM, they only seem to keep material for steel fabricators, I provided them with a list of tube and they sent all the wrong sizes. It was ok for making a gate oe something but no good to an engineering firm. Woodbury Chilcott are much better and cheaper.

Spike
yea we use woodbury,s as well but they never have what we need on the
shelf it always ends up we,ll get that done from Bristol.tomorrow or the day
after we dont have the luxery of planning in our line of work its normally a case of its broke and we need some "#####" to weld it back together now etc...

all the best this was just a post to flag up somewhere in Plymouth that stocks ERW box

oh and if anybody needs oval tube Henry Flashman has a load in he,s just bought from a factory clearance
cheers les g