PDA

View Full Version : pedal bushes, tube or not?

Rik178m
17th December 2009, 09:23 AM
just making my pedal bushes. Should i make them the same way as the suspension, in 2halfs with a lip and stainless steel inner or just a solid cylinder with 8mm hole?

spud69
17th December 2009, 10:11 AM
just making my pedal bushes. Should i make them the same way as the suspension, in 2halfs with a lip and stainless steel inner or just a solid cylinder with 8mm hole?

IF you buy some ptfe rod (only cheap) slightly larger od than your bush tube, you can hammer them into your bush tube then drill through to fit a smaller diameter crush tube. Works a treat and you get a nice smooth pedal travel.

Something like this:

http://www.directplasticsonline.co.uk/PTFERod/25mm/

Regards.....Andrew

Rik178m
17th December 2009, 11:10 AM
got some tough nylon (i think) blocks at work i can turn down. Just dont know if i should put a tube in aswell.

davidimurray
17th December 2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, it is a good idea to put a crush tube in the bush. This allows you tighten the bolt up fully and still be able to rotate the bush on the crush tube. Otherwise you will have to only partially tighten the bolt and use a Nylock or similar - Although this works, it does not make the strucutre as stiff as it is when the bolt is fully tightened.

Rik178m
17th December 2009, 06:55 PM
Cheers matey