View Full Version : quiet on here today

HandyAndy
18th December 2009, 06:21 PM
as title,,,,where is everyone??? at xmas office parties??:D

andy

twinturbo
18th December 2009, 06:35 PM
Been very busy at work,

Had to spend ages looking for virtual christmas decorations as we could not be bothered with the real things ( well I made a crappy paper chain yesterday ).

And i have been on here a few times...

Project #4 Looks to be back on the cards ;)

No sign of the fuel tank yet...

TT

les g
18th December 2009, 06:53 PM
as title,,,,where is everyone??? at xmas office parties??:D

andy

Oii Shorty :D
some of us have real jobs you know, not messin
about with kitcars all day long ....lol
les g

Talonmotorsport
18th December 2009, 06:56 PM
I too have been on and off all day, apart from when I dug the car out to go and take delivery of one very rusty 4 ft treadle gilly. My workshop is only 3-4deg warmer than outside so I'm not in there alot at mo, If I'm lucky enough maybe I'll get an good reason to go buy a thermal boiler suit and another pair of socks!

HandyAndy
18th December 2009, 07:07 PM
Oii Shorty
some of us have real jobs you know, not messin
about with kitcars all day long ....lol
les g

hehe
hard life eh?? building Roadster bits every day :cool:

spud even took his out for spin,
literally :eek: :D

TT, its the effort that counts;) then buy the real stuff lol.

Talon... i know what you mean, even the mig thought it was too cold to do some work ..lol

the thread got us all talking tho , smiles.

shorty

Talonmotorsport
18th December 2009, 07:13 PM
Lesson of the day, compressed air does'nt like working at near freezing temps. Had to laugh today as reached for coffee cups and picked up two blocks of ice with the spoon stuck fast!

les g
18th December 2009, 08:22 PM
My first job of the day was to put the missus on the train to London
she,s off to see her boy for 4 days and do the xmas pressie swop etc.:rolleyes:
tuck his shirt in and make sure he,s eating properly etc.....
just me and TJ at home for the weekend he he !!!!!!! :D
remote control in one hand JD and coke in the other :)
cheers les g

HandyAndy
18th December 2009, 08:34 PM
j d and coke, perfect, i,ll have one ta :D

Janne E
18th December 2009, 09:35 PM
Was out in the workshop fixing some stuff for a friend, my own build is standing still:( :(

Iīm still waiting for my sidepanels and still not know what I should do with my damaged parts:( :(

I get in and got a beer and watced some TV....

Janne

twinturbo
18th December 2009, 10:20 PM
I did get back from work 2hrs early....

And tried to move one of our MK1 golfs but the battery was flat, so I hauled that out to put on charge.

I also dropped the coolant out of my Sapphire 24v Project as it's just water and the weather is geting cold!!

Then the wife and 5yr old came back from school so we went to ASDA and spent rather a lot of money for not a lot of shopping :confused: :confused:

Also agreed the purchase and delivery of my next project which also includes the enigne I hope to use on my Roadster...

Now watching one of the best films ever made whilst supping quality ale..

TT

shadowcaster
19th December 2009, 12:34 AM
Now watching one of the best films ever made whilst supping quality ale..

TT

That will be The Sound of Music then.:eek: :D :D

twinturbo
19th December 2009, 07:14 AM
ahhhhggg nooooooooooooooooo

keep guessing. it was one of four films.

I actual watched them with my eldest when he was a week old :D , at 2am lying on the sofa... not sure he would enjoy them 5 yrs on.

TT

twinturbo
19th December 2009, 07:17 AM
I think we should keep this post going as a GENERIC RAMBLE POST...

(Big Brother Geordie Style Voice)
it's 7:15 in the Haynes House..

Twin Turbo and two tiny Turbo's are watching Fireman Sam... And aiting for information about the delivery of a rather LARGE sierra shaped parcel...

TT

dogwood
19th December 2009, 08:27 AM
A tad chilly here today.....:eek:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/winter09007.jpg

Was going to do some work on the car this morning...:rolleyes:
Think I'll give it a miss.

David

Janne E
19th December 2009, 09:25 AM
Looked out and itīs -10 degrees brrrrrrrrr, but in my workshop itīs +18 degrees:D :D .

Janne

ozzy1
19th December 2009, 12:48 PM
Should go and do some work in the shed but too hot at 35c today.:D
Need to get some aircon for it i think!

londonsean69
19th December 2009, 01:46 PM
I was at 2 Christmas parties, and now my head really hurts:D

Too cold in garage. I need to do some fibreglass, but even with preheating the runny stuff it's a bit too cold.

Might just clean the car, it's been a month and it's filthy

Bonzo
19th December 2009, 05:39 PM
keep guessing. it was one of four films.

I actual watched them with my eldest when he was a week old :D , at 2am lying on the sofa... not sure he would enjoy them 5 yrs on.

TT

Alien 2 :cool: :D

Wicked films .........Stood the test of time well..........Still scares the crap outa me :o

twinturbo
19th December 2009, 07:23 PM
well "Aliens" to give it it's official title ;)

It's still very good apart from the drop ship flight seens are dreadful now.

One interedting thing I learned,

well two...

#1... The bloke that plays Captain Holister in red dwarf is a senior officer at the Planet's Base station..

#2... Bishop ( the Android ) references Ash ( the andriod in the first film ) and mentions he was a "Hyperdyne Systems xxxxxxxxx".... The "Terminators" Were built by CyberDyne Systems... Both James Cameron Films ;)

TT

gingea1pom
21st December 2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry,

Been away for 3 days, had my mother’s 70th and then the big Christmas present swap with all the family.

Parked the range rover on the drive when we got home, we all got out and shut the doors and watched it slide backwards about half a meter!

twinturbo
21st December 2009, 02:40 PM
I think everyone has gone away to warmer climes, or their internet has frozen..

TT

twinturbo
22nd December 2009, 10:56 PM
Very Quiet.....................................

TT

dogwood
23rd December 2009, 07:51 AM
Very very quiet...................

Sopt the difference game
http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/Zoeken.swf

Land Locked
23rd December 2009, 08:58 AM
shhhh, members sleeping

Peter-C
23rd December 2009, 10:05 AM
I just started to read the latest CTC. It would appear that the Roadster is in takeover mood. Adrain's car page 11, Ash's page 25, Saturn ad page 25, Saturn article page 28. All this and Ash's regular locost build.
Look out Total Kitcar, you're next !!

Bonzo
23rd December 2009, 07:16 PM
So, so quiet on here the last few days !!?? :confused:

Methinks folks have left the christmas shopping till the last min :D :D

Spent the day reading both Complete Kit Car & Total Kit Car.

CKC was a great read as usual & yes, the Roadster has a very strong showing :cool:

First time I have read TKC...............Might just be me..............I find it all a little up-market for my taste !!??

twinturbo
23rd December 2009, 10:01 PM
I find it all a little up-market for my taste !!??

I have all the back issues of "Jallopy" an A5 toung in cheek car mag about complete bangers from the early 90's

;)

Must get them out and have a read.

TT

twinturbo
26th December 2009, 03:20 PM
Has everyone had got a hangover?

TT

LeonN
26th December 2009, 05:09 PM
No just chilling. Every time I reach for my overalls I feel a little coped and put my slippers back on.
Must get out tomorrow as I have sold an engion that curuntley resides under my build. (odd man though bying a old old tapatey BMW engion on cristmass day)

I realy hoped cristmass would bring loads of progress. I overlooked it being very cold and allways having the option to eat and drink.

Very quiet in hear mind.

twinturbo
26th December 2009, 05:25 PM
last 2 boxing days I have been working on the cars whilst on the drive.

I could hardly get the family muss back onto the drive this morning and it's almost a flat threshold from the road.

TT

graeme.webb1@ntlworld.com
26th December 2009, 05:49 PM
Has everyone had got a hangover?

TT

Not yet. But I'm working on it.

thwang
26th December 2009, 08:12 PM
im sulking i didnt get any prezzies
thwang

twinturbo
26th December 2009, 11:04 PM
The tumble weed is gathering at the door..

TT

Bonzo
27th December 2009, 10:21 AM
Did someone mention weed :D :D

No wonder it's quiet on here :eek:

twinturbo
28th December 2009, 07:50 AM
So how do you report spam on here? I don't need solar heating.

Last night I watched "OverHaulin" an american show a bit like pimp my ride but they do more than just tart up the bodywork.

question is.... Every time I see an american start an engine for the first time.. On OverHaulin, or American Hotrod... The first thing they do before the enignes hardly got started is slap on the stoboscopic light... Do they not bother to do static timing first??? Or is it just a ploy to product place a certain red brnd of tools..

TT

twinturbo
29th December 2009, 08:45 PM
Crikey!!!

Went out to refit the tank and rear beam to our MK1 golf and it's got bussy again!!

TT

twinturbo
1st January 2010, 08:52 AM
And now everyons gone again......:(

TT

tkpm
1st January 2010, 09:40 AM
I'm trying to earn some brownie points, ;)

So i can spend the weekend in the garage, :D

twinturbo
1st January 2010, 10:16 AM
Lucky you.. Wife is on Night shifts Thursday-Saturday so she's sleeping all day Fri/Sat/Sun and I have two stir crazy toddlers to keep entertained with inclement weather keeping them indoors...

JOY

TT

HandyAndy
1st March 2010, 07:51 PM
quiet on here today???:eek:

is everyone recovering from overdoing it at the weekend? :rolleyes: :D

or are you all in the garage getting your cars done :cool:

cheers
andy

Bonzo
1st March 2010, 07:55 PM
I think I must have bored the Pants off of everyone Andy :D :D :o

Been tidying up the workshop so as a can make a start with the grand engine clean up & refurb ;)

twinturbo
1st March 2010, 08:01 PM
Hmm...

I just built a Temporary TFi distributor loom whilst sitting on the living room floor. Will allow me to test for spark on the Turbo Sierra and on the Spare V6... And with a snif of ethonol in the plenum they should run for a few seconds...

But that's tomorows job I guess, well at least on the turbo car..

TT

HandyAndy
1st March 2010, 08:12 PM
Ronnie,.......:cool: nice one, make some space & get the donor bits nice n shiney, then get em on your chassis :D

TT....
:o what language were you talking?????? electrics are double dutch to me , work of the devil , :D
sounds good what you did tho.

I,ll be honest and say " i don,t know where the day has gone" ????

Tho , did go out for a "spirited" drive with Spud in his Roadster earlier today, guaranteed big grin on face, brill!!!!

cheers
andy

twinturbo
1st March 2010, 08:56 PM
TFI ( Thick Film Ignition ) it's masical just an electronic ignition module found on a lot of ford cars from the 80's and 90's . With just 3 wires to the Dizzy you can get it to spark up at a set timing so no signal is required from the Engine management. Good for testing :)

TT

AshG
1st March 2010, 11:44 PM
i have been outside all day working on the car. have been cracking on to get it ready for retest. there are only 3 more jobs to do on my fail sheet before its retest time. :D

unfortunate thing is that all the silly little jobs seem to be the most time consuming. spent 2 hours today in the breakers finding some nice side indicators. after the iva situation with the led indicators that were supposed to be IVA ok i have given up with shops. i figured that if i went to the breakers and got a nice standard set off a car then there is no doubt about their intended use.

ended up getting a nice pair off a citroen c5 my aims were that they needed to be big but need a small hole cutting in the scuttle.

identical to these Ģ15 ones on ebay but i paid Ģ2 for the pair just choped the retaining clips off drilled the hole and bonded on with sikaflex.

http://www.autoartltd.co.uk/ProductImages/P-301.jpg

chopped off the red bits and bonded them on worked really nicely and lovely and bright compared to the led's

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/ashgardiner/462b_12.jpg

Big Vern
1st March 2010, 11:49 PM
I sort some nice neat round one's on our posties 07 plate transit connect this morning on the way back from the job centre

AshG
1st March 2010, 11:52 PM
when it comes to iva remember the bigger the better. i looked at a the transit connect ones today they are nice but they need a bloody big hole as they are curved on the back otherwise i would have bagged myself a set.

i must have removed about 20 indicators off of different cars before i found the type i wanted. the bloke at the breakers must have thought i was bit weird as he walked over and asked what car they were for lol.

dogwood
2nd March 2010, 08:07 AM
he walked over and asked what car they were for lol.

And then the fight started.....:D

twinturbo
2nd March 2010, 08:39 AM
Where are they mounted now Ash?

TT

AshG
2nd March 2010, 09:57 AM
same place as before as high up as possible on the scuttle. their position was fine it was just the fact that it was the wrong light that caused the problem. when he tested it we could see the unit from all the required angles we just couldn't see the light coming from it. have fitted the new ones with normal bulbs and its much better now.

the led indicators that i got from cbs weren't actually indicators, they were orange side markers that are used down the side of lorries and big vans they don't emit light in a wide enough plane to be seen from behind.

AshG
2nd March 2010, 10:08 AM
here are is the list of markings. my side indicators that failed were SM2

ECE/EEC Device Function Markings:

Signal Lamp Markings, Front and Rear

A Parking lamp (also called "position lamp", "city light",
"sidelight")

AR Reversing (backup) Lamp

F or B Rear Fog Lamp

IA Retroreflector

R Tail (rear position) Lamp

S1 Brake (stop) lamp

S3 Centre High Mount Stop Lamp (3rd brake light)

1 Front Turn Indicator for use more than 40mm away from low
beam headlamp axis

1a Front Turn Indicator for use more than 20mm and less than
40mm away from low beam headlamp axis

1b Front Turn Indicator for use less than 20mm away from low
beam headlamp axis

2a Rear Turn Indicator

5 Side Turn Signal Repeater

SM1 Sidemarker lamp

SM2 Sidemarker lamp

RL Daytime Running Lamp (DRL)

Big Vern
2nd March 2010, 11:09 AM
The one's on a '95 Corsa look very similar to the ones you have Ash, only orange, couldn't quite see all the markings as people in the car park might see it as odd trying to do a hand stand between parked cars:D but there was definitly a 5
My MX-5 import has E2 in a box and a circle above both of which is the number 5

BV.:)

AshG
2nd March 2010, 12:33 PM
the corsa ones are fine, the only problem with them is the bulb holder on them comes out at a slight angle so they need a bigger hole than these. still a good choice though.

E2 is french type approved.

upper case E means its Type approved to an ECE Regulation
lower case e means it type approved to an EEC Directive

twinturbo
2nd March 2010, 03:45 PM
I like the look of the oval fiesta ones.

TT

AshG
2nd March 2010, 05:34 PM
yep again look nice but need a big big hole as do the Mondeo ones.

you can have anything you like if you are prepared to make a big enough hole the only downside is that if you put them in the wrong place you are going to be left with a big bugger of a hole to fill.

thwang
2nd March 2010, 06:15 PM
way to cold up here in the garage.
thwang

twinturbo
3rd April 2010, 10:25 PM
where is everyone ...

Been dead the last few days..

TT

HandyAndy
3rd April 2010, 10:27 PM
where is everyone ...

Been dead the last few days..

TT

been too busy working.....making some bones lol

and a dog run , lol
cheers
andy

twinturbo
3rd April 2010, 10:34 PM
Back to work for you then!!! ;)

TT

HandyAndy
3rd April 2010, 10:40 PM
Back to work for you then!!! ;)

TT

having a day off tomorrow :eek: :D
back to it on monday.

cheers
andy

twinturbo
3rd April 2010, 10:47 PM
well at least it's not a full chassis you have to put together..

Question... Is it normal to bolt or weld in the pedal box?

TT

HandyAndy
3rd April 2010, 10:53 PM
well at least it's not a full chassis you have to put together..

Question... Is it normal to bolt or weld in the pedal box?

TT

not a full chassis for your order but for others, yes, :cool:

as for the pedal box, just bolt it in, but we recomend CP16 to be 3mm plate.

cheers
andy

martin62
3rd April 2010, 11:00 PM
not a full chassis for your order but for others, yes, :cool:

as for the pedal box, just bolt it in, but we recomend CP16 to be 3mm plate.

cheers
andy

Hi HandyAndy recieved my package yesterday thanks for all your help.Will see you at stoneleigh in a few weeks

HandyAndy
3rd April 2010, 11:04 PM
Hi HandyAndy recieved my package yesterday thanks for all your help.Will see you at stoneleigh in a few weeks

thats great, thanks for letting us know it arrived safely, got bits to keep you busy for a while now eh?? :)

Spud & I look forward to meeting you at Stoneleigh :cool:

cheers
andy

Bonzo
4th April 2010, 08:52 AM
I have been busy out in the workshop in full Roadster build mode :)

Just waiting for the new clutch to arrive so as I can bolt the engine & box together.
Once that is done, I can put it to one side & finaly get that chassis back on its stands :cool:

Then I can start doing some of the more serious stuff at long last :o :o

Tatey
4th April 2010, 09:19 AM
My build has finally made some progress after sitting idle for a month or 2. I've nearly finished making all of the chassis tubes and plates, meaning that in the next few weeks I should be starting to fully weld the chassis :D

twinturbo
4th April 2010, 09:45 AM
You started your training yet Simon?

TT

Tatey
4th April 2010, 09:56 AM
Training for.....?

Bonzo
4th April 2010, 10:19 AM
My build has finally made some progress after sitting idle for a month or 2. I've nearly finished making all of the chassis tubes and plates, meaning that in the next few weeks I should be starting to fully weld the chassis :D

Well done Tatey :cool:

Spring has arrived & us folks are all busy on our builds :)

Dagging to get that chassis back on stands .... Sides to make, pedal box to do, then fit the engine & box back in, then try to fire the engine up :)

twinturbo
4th April 2010, 10:35 AM
Training for.....?

Whoever it was you got a placement/aprentiship/wotsit with?....

TT

Tatey
4th April 2010, 10:41 AM
Technically I've been training for the past 10 years lol.

I don't start my placement until July 5th, meaning that I've got 3 months to get as much work done to my car as I can, I've got another week and a half of holiday left at the moment, and then I get a month off before I start my placement, so hopefully I should be able to get my chassis completely rolling by the time I start.

twinturbo
14th May 2010, 07:41 PM
Is everyone on holiday?

TT

Davey
14th May 2010, 07:45 PM
Is everyone on holiday?

TT

I was wondering the same thing, bit quiet in here innit?

D.

eSteve
14th May 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm here!

Was thinking the same thing myself, and trying to think of a good question to start a thread.

Can't really ask too many questions about my build at the moment as not fully under way yet. Have wood for build table and metal for chassis though. Spent a few hours this afternoon building a welding cart to take my welder and gas cylinder so it is a bit easier to move around the garage and to hone my welding skills.

Tatey
14th May 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm here, haven't really done much to the car recently due to revision, but that will all be over in 2 and a bit weeks. However I did manage to get into the garage earlier and attempted to dissemble my front hub assemblies, but failed when I realised that I needed a 41mm socket.... So that's next on the list of things to buy, as it seems I will be needing one in the future so it might be a worth while purchase.

CaptainCrash1971
14th May 2010, 07:59 PM
I thought it was my aftershave. No bugger seems to be on the last couple days. Same here Steve, got nowt to write about cos all the work I'm doing at the mo is just leading up to the build. I've spent the last few days taking down my old shed and laying a new concrete base ready for a nice new shiny shed :D
Then I can move all the crap out of my garage and start **THE BUILD**
Must take a pic of the garage now, then compare it with the garage in a week or two when it's cleared.
Can't wait :)
Oh yeah, and just ordered some more tools, an air riveter, wire brushes, flap wheels, axle stands, vice, tin snips, and a load of other stuff. Should be here on Tuesday.

twinturbo
14th May 2010, 08:09 PM
You should be posting pics of the workshop revival, it's not just car pics that are interesting ;)

TT

CaptainCrash1971
14th May 2010, 08:17 PM
Not so much workshop revival, as throw a grenade and run. Anything would be an improvement on the mess at the mo.

Davey
14th May 2010, 08:24 PM
We need photos:D !

D.

Tatey
14th May 2010, 08:25 PM
What is the new garage going to be like? Size wise, and what's it going to be made out of?

I'm planning on building myself a medium sized workshop once I have the money, a job and the land to do so :p. I've been reading up on it quite a bit recently.

twinturbo
14th May 2010, 08:40 PM
I went for a prefab, they are excelent value for money. Mines a Lidget and is somethign like 4m x 7m. Was put up by the company in 4hrs!

TT

CaptainCrash1971
14th May 2010, 08:43 PM
Garage is already there Tatey, just a new shed going up to store the crap I've accumulated over the past 30 ahem years.
My garage is just a single attached one which is floor to ceiling junk.
I've taken delivery of about 2 tonnes of concrete today to make a floor for the new shed. It's just one of those painted steel jobbies off argos.
I'm gonna start a blog next week, and I'll be sticking some pics on there of where I am so far (including the messy garage)

tkpm
14th May 2010, 10:44 PM
There was a thread back along about show us your garage/workshop

Terry

tkpm
14th May 2010, 10:46 PM
Here it is,

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3381

Terry

twinturbo
30th June 2010, 11:41 PM
the footbals over sio where is everyone, scholl holidays are 3 weeks off.

twinturbo
11th July 2010, 11:22 PM
is everyone lapping up the sunshine ( F1, ButFall , tennis? )

I have been with the kids all day, did purchase a post IVA steering whells on ebay, pics when it turns up.

TT

tkpm
11th July 2010, 11:24 PM
So who did win the football ?

Terry

twinturbo
11th July 2010, 11:55 PM
Not England as far as I understand.

TT

deezee
12th July 2010, 12:04 PM
So who did win the football ?

Terry

Has there been football on? :rolleyes:

twinturbo
9th October 2011, 08:34 PM
Been a bit of a quiet few weeks, is the cold stopping us all from venturing out?

TT

rpjg1975
9th October 2011, 08:54 PM
I've been busy putting up my garage. Concrete panel job which I got free of charge but been a long time getting round to putting it up. Last week I demolished the old metal sheet and woodwormy rotten shed then got the panels up last Friday. Past few days been reroofing it and trying to get it sealed. It's a big sod too 10 foot wide by 20 foot long! Getting there slowly then I can finally get back on with my build. Been at a standstill for the last 6 months what with work, moving house and sorting out the ex's house when we split up. Mind, I have still been collecting things so got plenty to do when i get going again

twinturbo
9th October 2011, 09:07 PM
I was in Richmond back in Julyish..

I have a 27*12 IIRC Lidget Prefab, But I saved up for it. Took their guys 4hrs to put up!! Can't have been more than 3 of them.

TT

rpjg1975
9th October 2011, 09:37 PM
Mine was a bit of a fluke. My mate rang up and asked if i wanted it as it had a sign on the door. Went down with the bosses landrover and a trailer and took it all apart. Been sat on pallets in the wood for umpteen months. Fitting the door tomorrow hopefully then seal the bottom of thw walls then I can get some power sorted and get going again with my build

twinturbo
21st May 2012, 09:53 PM
is the good weather keeping everyone away...

I have been spending time on other things..

Re-pointing brickwork,
Fixing hole on drive
Mondeo Towbar electrics
New Caliper on the Sierra 24V

And other bits and bobs..

Whittelign down the OTHER jobs and aiming to get garage space for restarting work on the Roadie

TT

robo
21st May 2012, 10:13 PM
Put my name down for some charity work today that should have taken an hour, eight hours later returned with a smile through gritted teeth.:rolleyes:

Bob

twinturbo
21st May 2012, 10:45 PM
what are you doing?

robo
21st May 2012, 10:58 PM
A good friend of mine runs a club for lads with problems. they are knocking the clubhouse about and needed some steel beams delivered which is all i said i would do. Got them there and ended up helping for the rest of the day to lift them in place .A good deed done but a day ruined.

Bob

alga
22nd May 2012, 10:16 AM
Everybody loves pics, so I'll post one. Bought scratched TSW Imola rims, had them straightened and powder coated. Yesterday had the tyres mounted (Toyo R888 semislicks), tada:

http://locost.lt/pic/651

CTWV50
22nd May 2012, 12:22 PM
Everybody loves pics, so I'll post one. Bought scratched TSW Imola rims, had them straightened and powder coated. Yesterday had the tyres mounted (Toyo R888 semislicks), tada:

http://locost.lt/pic/651

Nice Pic, it is rather dead on here.

ayjay
22nd May 2012, 10:30 PM
What no snow:eek:

You need tyres with big knobbly bits and chains where you live not slicks:D :D

Seriously thats looking good .Well done Albert

robo
18th June 2012, 10:04 PM
Must be the football. :eek:

Bob

twinturbo