PDA

View Full Version : Where to get an exhaust manifold?

adrianreeve
22nd December 2009, 11:48 PM
Gents

I'm looking for a stainless steel exhaust manifold for my zetec engine. It has to be an over the chassis type, but I don't really want a GBS cheapie! Any ideas where I can hold of a decent manifold for reasonable money (or does anyone have one to sell?)

Cheers

Adrian

les g
22nd December 2009, 11:50 PM
martin keenan will do you one i,m sure
cheers les g

ozzy1
23rd December 2009, 12:46 AM
Raw motorsport do a zetec manifold for 220 quid,dont know how well it would fit.Also there is a guy on ebay selling a kit to build your own manifold the only thing is that its mild steel here is the part number 320445634061

DaddyA
23rd December 2009, 10:15 AM
Was in touch with Mr Keenan,

said he'd do the exhaust if I took it round??

So if your local (Maltby, S.Yorkshire) to him, may be worth a visit.

If not give him a call, never know?

les g
23rd December 2009, 09:40 PM
sorry if i was a bit vague
Ash got a standard exhaust from Martin Keenan and chopped the primaries
to make it fit the roadster.
it came out looking very good indeed and with the bonnet on you would
never know it had been chopped and extended to fit...

if you want a bespoke exhaust Jeffry Harris over at plympton will build you on one the car they do a really pukka job but they are not locost....

also what about the guys at cattedown , next road down from the old lucas workshops who do the one off stainless exhausts would they be interested

or speak to Richard at GBS i spoke to him at the show and he said if you took some dimensions they would do one
cheers les g

AshG
24th December 2009, 09:56 PM
my exhaust didnt come from martin. it was made by zorst-tec for an mk indy. i bought it off a chap on locost builders who purchased a part finished indy with a pinto which he took out to fit a different engine.

the simple option is to buy an off the shelf one from mk sports cars then chop and join it.