PDA

View Full Version : What's the average weight of a finished roadster?

Davey
28th December 2009, 05:30 PM
Well pretty much as the title says, has anyone who's completed their roadster weighed it and if so what was the result? A separate front and rear weight would be useful to know along with what engine/gearbox etc is in it.

I'm rebuilding a Locust chassis and fitting a 2.9 Cosworth V6 along with type 9 box and Granada running gear. I have a pair of caravan weighing devices which I use regularly in my work but they're just the job for keeping track of the build weight and should be great for setting up the corner weights.

I'm aiming for a kerb weight of around 600-650KGs but today I weighed the engine/box and it came in at 182KGs without flywheel, clutch, alternator, starter, power steering pump or fluids:eek: !

Chassis is currently clocking in at around 90KGs but there's more metal to be added yet, I'm afraid I don't subscribe to Colin Chapman's school of engineering and might just have spent too long welding big lumps of metal together, it becomes a habit you know:D .

So I'm interested to hear of others experiences with finished kerb weigh and perhaps more importantly weight distribution.

D.

Davey
30th December 2009, 07:22 PM
Is there really only one person knows his kerb weight?

D.

dogwood
30th December 2009, 07:37 PM
Think mine was about 650kg.
full tank of fuel, 2mm chassis.
Didn't realy worry about weight when building.

TSM Locost
30th December 2009, 07:42 PM
My Locost with 1800cvh and a stainless floor, full fuel tank weighed 630kg @ sva.

HandyAndy
30th December 2009, 07:54 PM
i think Spuds car was 520kgs at sva.

cheers
andy

Davey
30th December 2009, 07:55 PM
Cheers guys, that's useful information. Anyone else?

D.

Neil P
30th December 2009, 11:04 PM
Mine weighed in at 512kg at SVA with a Toyota 4AGE and MT75. I'm not at all sure about the accuracy of that though because I didn't build light (1.6mm Steel floor for example). I was expecting 600ish.

Neil