PDA

View Full Version : R1 engine reverse Q's

Carlo
3rd January 2010, 08:10 PM
Im looking for a way thats cheep to get my car to reverse for the IVA test. So I can remove it after it passes. Im thinking along the lines of a cog and starter any ideas that have already been tried. Im not wanting to change the prop shaft or pay out mad money.

spud69
4th January 2010, 10:48 AM
Im looking for a way thats cheep to get my car to reverse for the IVA test. So I can remove it after it passes. Im thinking along the lines of a cog and starter any ideas that have already been tried. Im not wanting to change the prop shaft or pay out mad money.

Hi Carlo,

Chris Gibbs is looking at this solution for reverse on the single seater, if you send a pm he should be able to give you some pointers in the right direction. Any other solution, Quaiffe, will just cost an awful lot of money.

Regards....AndrewH

chriseyj
4th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi I plan on using a similar reveres setup to Tilly819, you may find his posts and pictures if you do a search.
He is using a seat ibiza starter motor and a ring gear from MK engineering, it works a treat apparently. He said MK are reluctant to sell you the ring gear separately though, this gear sandwiches between the diff flange and propshaft with the starter underneath.
I've heard the reversing boxes can whine and also cause vibration, plus they arent for those of us on a budget.
Hope this helps also Chris.

I found the thread.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3048&highlight=reverse