PDA

View Full Version : Fitting the radiator

Peter-C
5th January 2010, 07:30 PM
I,m having too many senior moments today. I am trying to fit a Clio radiator but it only appears to have lugs on it. Does anyone know how to fit it.

Peter

spud69
5th January 2010, 07:56 PM
Hello Peter,

It should have 2 horizontal lugs on the bottom which sit in slotted brackets fitted to the bottom rail and 2 vertical lugs on the top which take a rubber each which sit into brackets you make for the top rail. If you didn't get the rubbers a scrappy should be able to give you them. You could fit it the other way round as doesn't really matter.

Andrew

Peter-C
5th January 2010, 08:09 PM
Cheers Andrew,

I haven't got the rubbers, so it'll be trip out when the weather improves.

Peter

Matthew
5th January 2010, 11:27 PM
Hi Peter

I've fitted mine the other way up, with the vertical lugs on the bottom fitting into holes in a couple of pieces of 25x3 bar that will be welded to the bottom of the front frame. I had a couple of rubbers that came off some old shocks and have them between the steel and the bottom of the rad to provide some cushioning.

At the top I have the same 25x3 twisted through 90deg so it can be simply bolted to the top of the front frame.

The decision on which way up was purely on what I thought was going to give more clearance when it came to fitting the pipes, but I haven't got that far so don't know how well it will work.

One thing I'd recommend is not to fix the mountings until you have the nosecone in place - it's a bit tight and took me a lot of fiddling to get a good position.

Matt

Peter-C
11th January 2010, 05:41 PM
The fittings look a bit flimsy. Is this normal and do the hoses give extra support ?

Cheers

Peter

spud69
11th January 2010, 06:30 PM
I thought the plastic lugs on mine were a bit flimsy at first but they have held up fine after 3k. The hoses won't really give it any more support..