PDA

View Full Version : Side repeater

DaddyA
9th January 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Have the regs changed for positioning of the side repeaters, thought as long as you could see them from 5 degree from behind it was ok.

I've seen a few references that say they should be mounted on the front wings??

Any one else heard/seen anything?:confused:

spud69
9th January 2010, 10:38 AM
Morning Daz,

i have a copy and link to the new IVA test manual, haven't read it all yet but most things are unchanged. If you open the link http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/repository/M1%20Inspection%20Manual%20May%2009.pdf and look on page 172 it remains unchanged, ie min 350mm from ground, visible between 5 and 60 deg from rear.

Some production cars have them on the wing mirrors pointing forward, so not sure how they get away with that.

I have also attached 2 jpg's which summarize the lighting positions which are very handy.

All the best.....AndyH

DaddyA
9th January 2010, 03:06 PM
Cheers Spud,

already have those pictures. Just seen it in one of the monthly mags, then saw these on the bay and wondered if anything had changed.

Plan on putting mine on the sides.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/robin-hood-locost-westfield-IVA-Front-wing-indicators_W0QQitemZ260530759547QQcmdZViewItemQQpt ZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca8d7 e77b

gavinc
13th January 2010, 09:46 AM
This is what i have come up with..

LED side repeaters from ebay

Fitted in side on headlight bowl

seems to do the trick...

alga
13th January 2010, 12:01 PM
Oooh, very elegant!

les g
13th January 2010, 11:02 PM
very nice indeed Gavin
how about a close picture in daylight
showing us how you did it
go on you know you want to !!!
cheers les g

Johnnybizzle
23rd January 2010, 08:08 PM
Hi,

Using a bike engine and wiring loom, was planning on using wing mounted side repeaters at the front so they can be seen from front and side, so only 4 amber lights not 6 on the car, will i need 2 on the side of the nose cone aswell?

Regards Jon

deezee
24th January 2010, 10:51 AM
Yes, you'll need two on the front and 2 on the side of the vehicle.