PDA

View Full Version : Track Day - 9th April Teesside

spud69
19th January 2010, 10:06 AM
If anybody is interested / available we are having a track day to celebrate the start of the spring / summer roadster season. It is to be held at Teesside Autodrome, a 2.0km track with some lovely corners and straights. The cost is Ģ99 + VAT for the full day from 9am to 5pm with 20mins of go-karting to wind down afterwards.

I shall be there, Mark will be on the road and there and HandyAndy will have his car running, or else, and trailered there for a good shakedown before IVA. Been on a few now and is a great day out and bloody good value compared to most other tracks. They're are also quite laid back and just let you have some fun.

http://www.thetrackdayclub.co.uk/

link to those interested......AndyH

kj71
19th January 2010, 12:31 PM
No presure on Handy Andy eh?:)

HandyAndy
19th January 2010, 02:02 PM
No presure on Handy Andy eh?

well, its looks like i,ve been set a challenge :eek: :D

i,ll post a pic later, showing what my car looks like today so that you can see the "challenge".:eek:

its about 11 weeks, so the countdown starts today.

As Andy (Spud ) has said, its a great track, loads of fun .

fingers crossed i,ll be there;)

cheers
andy

spud69
19th January 2010, 04:55 PM
Forgot to say aswell, they don't mind about passengers in the cars either (it says on the website there is a charge but they haven't yet). SO anybody is welcome to turn up for a blast round the track, any excuse to be out there :) - just don't forget the pampers....

AndyH

Tatey
19th January 2010, 05:24 PM
My car will in no way be finished by then, but i'll defiantly be coming along for the day.

Davey
19th January 2010, 06:03 PM
That is good value, i'd love to go but my car is nowhere near ready::( , maybe next year. don't forget to post plenty of photos of the day once its been and gone.

D.

slimtater
19th January 2010, 06:16 PM
Sounds a great day but a bit too far for me, especially as I go away the following day.

Janne E
19th January 2010, 08:03 PM
Please take a lot of photos, I will not be there itīs a bit long to go for one day:D

Hany Andy: Nothing is impossible:D :D

Cheers Janne

HandyAndy
19th January 2010, 10:07 PM
Please take a lot of photos, I will not be there itīs a bit long to go for one day:D

Hany Andy: Nothing is impossible

Cheers Janne

well if i don,t get my car finished for the track day, i suppose i,ll be the one taking the photo,s :rolleyes: :D

cheers
andy:)

twinturbo
19th January 2010, 10:08 PM
I may pop over to say hello ;)

TT

HandyAndy
19th January 2010, 10:12 PM
I may pop over to say hello ;)

TT

you,d be very welcome...

ahem..... would prob get a ride out in "someones "( not sure who,s yet tho :D ) car too ;)

andy

twinturbo
19th January 2010, 10:15 PM
So what's "Open Pitlane"? Does that mean you can drive as much as you want all day?

If I did not think it may break, I would bring the wifes 24V Mondeo allong..

TT

slimtater
19th January 2010, 10:17 PM
I suppose at least I have a local "gymkhana" at Curborough to look forward.....

......In January!!! :eek:

HandyAndy
19th January 2010, 10:20 PM
So what's "Open Pitlane"? Does that mean you can drive as much as you want all day?

If I did not think it may break, I would bring the wifes 24V Mondeo allong..

TT

generally yes its "open pitlane", although the circuit is "closed for lunch" & obviously to remove any vehicle thats broken down or had a mishap,

the atmosphere at the circuit is very friendly & aimed at the "driving" not so much a time rota session as some circuits operate.

As spud has said its very good value for the amount of almost limitless track time available.

cheers
andy

AshG
19th January 2010, 10:34 PM
i would love to come but going to France for a track day isn't as far as coming up to you guys lol.

dogwood
20th January 2010, 08:36 AM
i would love to come but going to France for a track day isn't as far as coming up to you guys lol.

That's true....:D :D :D

Neil P
21st January 2010, 07:36 PM
This sounds like a good day out. I'm certainly interested, when do you need to confirm by?

I hope someone gets their car done, I don't think we'll all fit in mine!!:D :D

Andy, 10 weeks - piece of cake. :rolleyes:

Neil

spud69
21st January 2010, 09:12 PM
This sounds like a good day out. I'm certainly interested, when do you need to confirm by?

I hope someone gets their car done, I don't think we'll all fit in mine!!:D :D

Andy, 10 weeks - piece of cake. :rolleyes:

Neil

That's good news Neil.....

If you look at the first post there is a link to the site to book the day, as people book it they put up a list of entrants with cars they are taking. Normally get 6 to 10 '7's there.

AndyH

drury318
16th March 2010, 11:37 PM
Hi Spud, is this still on?, the car won`t be finished (not far off though), but I was considering coming up with my lad for a day out & a look at other peoples cars etc, hopefully maybe a ride in one?
Dennis.

HandyAndy
16th March 2010, 11:41 PM
Hi Spud, is this still on?, the car won`t be finished (not far off though), but I was considering coming up with my lad for a day out & a look at other peoples cars etc, hopefully maybe a ride in one?
Dennis.

:rolleyes:
I think spud has turned in for the night so hope you don,t mind me replying .....
Yes the track day is still on, it,d be great to see you there Dennis, & of course you,ll get a passenger spin out in spuds car, mine too if its finished in time :rolleyes: :D & hopefully forum member "Mark" with his Roadster too.
There,ll be lots of 7 style cars there we hope, last trackday there was about 20 cars there, lots of tracktime & lots of smiling faces:cool: .

cheers
andy

spud69
17th March 2010, 10:27 AM
Dennis.

Oh Yes it's still on......:D

The more the better, i am more than eager to take anyone out who cares to come along.

The link below if you scroll down and click on 9th April it will list all the entrants and which cars are booked in. Not upto date yet but it will be soon:

http://www.thetrackdayclub.co.uk/

AndyH

Just tried to put an avatar on my profile but won't work - :confused:

Maybe it's too big......:cool: