PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Sides-Nosecone anyone??

Janne E
20th January 2010, 06:35 PM
Anyone having a cloose picture of Saturns sides meet nosecone?

Janne

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 06:45 PM
I,ve got some pics of my car with sides & nose being fitted, tho the bodywork was made by Mark at Triton, but they are the same moulds we use at Saturn.

would you like a pic posted on here or sent via email to you?

cheers
andy

Janne E
20th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Handy Andy you can post it here, for the moment I have my e-mail in another computer...

Thanks Janne

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 07:00 PM
ok, hang on a mo,
i,ll post a pic, let me know if its what you need.

cheers
andy

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 07:06 PM
does this help?

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/handyandy_photo/Haynes%20Roadster/kitcar016.jpg

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 07:08 PM
or this...

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/handyandy_photo/Haynes%20Roadster/kitcar030.jpg

Janne E
20th January 2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks it helped:)

As allways great help from the Saturn boys:D

Cheers Janne

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 07:17 PM
no problem :o glad to help. at least its not stopping me working on my car :D

i,ve found another pic from the rear looking towards the front from the side of the car if you need it?

cheers
andy

Janne E
20th January 2010, 07:21 PM
Yes please:)

Janne

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 07:35 PM
its not really close up but might help, this was me trial fitting the bodywork, i cut the holes in the side panels for the wishbones & shock position etc, tho the rear lower wishbone cutout needs more cutting out than this pic shows.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/handyandy_photo/Haynes%20Roadster/kitcar033.jpg

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Andy you at the unit (Saturn) this Saturday?

:rolleyes: :D yup..... we,ll be there,

working on my own car tho ;) :D

cheers
andy

GraemeWebb
20th January 2010, 08:08 PM
:rolleyes: :D yup..... we,ll be there,

working on my own car tho ;) :D

cheers
andy

I will be nearby your workshop on Thursday and/or Friday on business would it be Ok for me to pop in during the day at some time or another? Basically to say hi and be nosey!

HandyAndy
20th January 2010, 08:15 PM
I will be nearby your workshop on Thursday and/or Friday on business would it be Ok for me to pop in during the day at some time or another? Basically to say hi and be nosey!

yes of course, just give us a ring & we,ll get some fresh biccies in stock, if you are coming to the unit, please do give us a call as we sometimes go out to suppliers etc

cheers
andy

spud69
20th January 2010, 08:31 PM
Will be nice to see you both Graeme and Adrian, always nice to see builders faces and any excuse to get out in the car.............:D

gingea1pom
20th January 2010, 09:04 PM
If I get my sorry a**e out of bed at 4 in the morning I will see you there.

GraemeWebb
20th January 2010, 09:15 PM
If I get my sorry a**e out of bed at 4 in the morning I will see you there.

I see you have quite a way to go.I only have to get up at 5

spud69
20th January 2010, 09:43 PM
I see you have quite a way to go.I only have to get up at 5

Well i'm just off to the boozer to watch a blues band and i still have to be up at 5 in the morning and do another 11 hours work.......:p

I'm sure it'll all be worth it

spud69
21st January 2010, 01:25 AM
Well i'm just off to the boozer to watch a blues band and i still have to be up at 5 in the morning and do another 11 hours work.......:p

I'm sure it'll all be worth it

Well i'm just back from the Boozer and still have to get my arse into gear for tomorrow, but if it's dry then i'm going out in the car.....:) can't wait

Janne E
21st January 2010, 06:06 AM
It will be a loooong hard day:D

Cheers Janne

spud69
21st January 2010, 09:42 AM
:) There all long days Janne but it's a nice day over in sunny Hartlepool and i've just been for a 20min blast,,,,,better than a handful of paracetamol anytime.

jasongray5
21st January 2010, 09:46 AM
So on your side pannels Andy, Did you follow the line of the front frame down, marking it onto the side pannel? then cut down that line?

Cheers Jas

HandyAndy
21st January 2010, 09:58 AM
So on your side pannels Andy, Did you follow the line of the front frame down, marking it onto the side pannel? then cut down that line?

Cheers Jas

In all honesty the drivers side panel was already cut down where it follows the vertical angle of the front frame, & some of the cut outs for the suspension brackets were also cut, tho i had to increase the cutouts to allow the up/down movement of the wishbones to allow the suspension movement.

I did cut the area around the steering rack gaitor & felt it was easier on the eye if that area was cut to allow the rack gaitor & front lower wishbone enough "clearance" in the panel in one cut....if that makes sense :o

If you look closely in the pics you can see some of the GRP that is part of the side panel that goes under the chassis & i think i might trim that down a bit too.

cheers
andy

jasongray5
21st January 2010, 10:09 AM
ok mate, thanks alot! will hopefully get a go at that this afternoon or next week

HandyAndy
21st January 2010, 10:17 AM
look forward to seeing some pics of your car Jas,
nice one mate.:cool:

cheers
andy

GraemeWebb
22nd January 2010, 10:21 PM
Will be nice to see you both Graeme and Adrian, always nice to see builders faces and any excuse to get out in the car.............:D

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your hospitality yesterday. I thought I was pretty motivated in getting my car finished but after you taking me for a ride in your fabulous car my motivation is through the roof.

It felt so smooth and planted. Hope mine comes out nearly as good. I know what shock/spring combination to go for now. Would love to have the same engine setup as you but for the moment will have to stick with the Beemer 318. I will probably go for the bike carbs/megajolt like yours though.

Thanks again.

:D

spud69
23rd January 2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks Graeme,

I am pleased you enjoyed it and it was worth the trip over. The time to take people out is on the track on a dry day, the haynes comes into a class of its own then. Tested it against an MK on last track day and even though my engine was mis-behaving the MK couldn't touch it on the corners.

Again anybody is welcome to have a go on 9th April at teesside Autodrome.

Cheers....AndyH