View Full Version : i got me one

baz-r
23rd January 2010, 12:10 PM
good news boys and girls i have me a donor
its a 92 1.8 cvh with a carb
brand new tyres , battery , alternator
6 months mot
clutch and box seems good

ran a bit flat and the idle was poor found to be an easy fix due to a split vac hose on the manifold to t piece so no carb vac and ign module vac (keep a lookout for it)
just sniped a bit of one of the carb hoses and swaped it over £0

little bit of a hum trough the body like the prop is out of ballance? any ideas

all well and then the starter cluch is now playing up will try and strip it befor going and buying one i think

all for £200 and the guy even drove it down from bristol to exeter and left 1/4 of a tank of fuel in it
cant be bad

no need to keep a lookout in devon now but thankyou everyone for keeping your eyes peeled

AndyLockwood
23rd January 2010, 12:27 PM
good find. im having to source parts seperatly as i just havnt got the room for a donor.

Cheers

Andy

deezee
23rd January 2010, 12:32 PM
You'll be stripping everything down anyway before it goes in your kit, so I wouldn't worry too much about a few probs as you can inspect it all later when its in bits! You certainly won't be using the prop again, unless your going to shorten and balance it yourself :eek:

What wheels are they? My donor 14" alloys didn't clear the rear uprights :( So I had to fork out for new wheels and tyres.

Bonzo
23rd January 2010, 04:24 PM
Well done that man :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the strange hum ............ most likely just the rubber donut on the prop or perhaps a bit of wear in the propshaft centre bush if it has one fitted ;)

As said, you'll not be using the prop in its current form anayways :)

Good find, good price :cool:

twinturbo
23rd January 2010, 05:14 PM
Post up a piccie..

And any spares that you don't need can be advertised on the sierra forum.

TT

baz-r
9th February 2010, 05:16 PM
good news sold the realy quiet good sony head unit (mp3, line in) for £30 so that puts me at £170 :p