PDA

View Full Version : Bodywork FS

Superloom
26th January 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi Guys,
I now have set up a deal with a bodywork supplier for the haynes roadster and locost. So if you are interested in any particular part, please PM me for a quote
Regards
SuperLooms

AshG
26th January 2010, 11:41 PM
any pictures?

Superloom
26th January 2010, 11:42 PM
Yup if you give me your email, i will send you the pics of whatever you wish!
Regards
Eddie

spud69
27th January 2010, 09:49 AM
Why not put the pictures on the forum, wouldn't mind seeing them

RAYLEE29
27th January 2010, 11:39 AM
yes pictures would definately help
Ray:)

Superloom
27th January 2010, 12:00 PM
Hi Guys,
Sorry, will be putting up pictures now. For Haynes Roadster, can only supply wings front + rear, nosecone and scuttle. The rest should be coming soon, my supplier is working on moulds at the moment. I have pictures of wings and scuttle on my laptop at the moment but will be getting a picture of the nosecone later this evening.
Prices are the followings:
Roadster Nosecone - £100
Roadster Rear Wings - £100
Roadster Front Wings - £50
Roadster Scuttle - £100
Locost Rear Panel - £130
Locost Bonnet - £125
Locost Nosecone - £100
Locost Sidepanels - £200
Hope this gives you an idea of the pricing i can offer.
Regards
Ed

Superloom
27th January 2010, 12:05 PM
Here are wing pictures, will update asap

frankie boy
27th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Here are wing pictures, will update asap

Hi These are the same photos as GTS Tuning's web site. :eek:

Superloom
27th January 2010, 08:57 PM
They are GTS's bodywork for the haynes. Just being sold through me so you dont have any of the problems that GTS normally have. i.e. communication and long waiting times. I take full responsibility for your bodywork that you receive. As their bodywork is good quality. Anyone who has not thought this. Please contact myself or him and i will make sure its sorted
Just to let you know, apart from this deal i have with GTS, i am not otherwise affiliated with GTS. And i am setting up deals with various companies.
Thanks
Ed

slimtater
27th January 2010, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately, there will always be a degree of nervousness with anything involving GTS. Credit to you for being up front about it though.

Superloom
27th January 2010, 09:20 PM
I Totally agree with you but hopefully through time, i can become trusted and the nervous side will be overlooked. In terms of payment, i would take a deposit and not take full payment until i knew 100% that the parts were ready to go.
Regards
Ed

AshG
28th January 2010, 12:24 AM
i have seen a gts nose cone for the roadster and it was a piece of kack that wasn't even symmetrical.

the only reason the panther body work was any good was because mark who used to own triton race products made it when he used to work for gts many moons ago!!!

superloom if that's who you really are? i would run before Darren ruins you.

unfortunately Darren has tried to fool many people by changing his name many times for all we know until proved otherwise you could be Darren meaning in my eyes you cant be trusted!!

sorry its harsh but i have experienced gts first hand and i also know many people in the industry that have had very bad experiences working with or for Darren.

anyone ever wondered why gts don't advertise in any kitcar mags? hummmmm

im really sorry if anyone doesn't like what im saying. I think building kitcars is meant to be a really nice fun hobby and i have a really deep hate for someone that can ruin the experience.

there are several people i know in my local kitcar club who have had many months of sleepless nights involving thousands of pound losses caused by Darren!!

AshG
28th January 2010, 12:35 AM
sorry darren just rumbeled you done a nslookup on your superlooms domain guess who its registered to

AshG
28th January 2010, 12:56 AM
funny how both domains are registered to the same address in herne bay but your profile on here claims you reside in essex.

ozzy1
28th January 2010, 05:54 AM
Nice going ash,hopefully save more people from losing money to gts/superlooms.

Superloom
28th January 2010, 08:23 AM
I am not Darren by any means, I am a customer of his with a Panther and have recently as you know set up this wiring business. Just trying to expand and do more in the kit car world.

Superloom
28th January 2010, 08:24 AM
And as said, i have helped lots of people on Locostbuilders get their money back, and am willing to offer that service to people on here. So if you know people who are owed money, i will speak to him!

Bonzo
28th January 2010, 08:32 AM
More or less as I suspected :rolleyes:

Always very wary of folk producing Roadster/Locost bodywork ......... They'll have you belive it will fit either .... Just to find out the expensive way, that it dosn't !!??

One of our members bought a GTS nozecone & ended up throwing it away because the quality & fit was so poor :( ( Wish I could remember who it was !!?? )

My advice guys ......... If you don't fancy making your own GRP parts. Stick with the Saturn ones. ;)

Superloom
28th January 2010, 09:51 AM
Please make up your own mind and look on the locostbuilders thread
Thanks
Ed

Bonzo
28th January 2010, 09:56 AM
For any doubters out there

You may as well go the extra mile & do a domain search on : www . racecarhardware . com

That should help to clarify the situation ;)

Perhaps we'll be lucky enough to get an explanation as to why the superlooms domain is registered to the same person as the GTS domain !!?? :rolleyes:

Superloom
28th January 2010, 10:28 AM
It is all explained on the LCB forum.

AshG
28th January 2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=129055&page=1#pid1084921

guys supperloom is not darren its eddie99 on lcb. unfortunatly he got Darren to register superlooms for him. the rest of my reply in on lcb

copied from lcb

im sorry ed how was i supposed to know super looms was you? my intention was only to expose darren as he has attempted this kind of thing in the past.

look at it from where i am standing superlooms appears on the haynes forum trying to shift gts bodywork. that for a start is not related to looms. when looking up who the superlooms name is registered to and it says darrens address on it then it looks even worse.

after finding out who you are i think you would have been better placed to sell gts stuff as ed rather than appearing incognito as a new user with no reputation.

i wish you every success. but unfortunately imo having ties with Darren George will only do your business harm.

please dont feel this is a personal attack on you i didn't know it was you when posted and was only trying to be informative.

flak monkey
28th January 2010, 11:48 AM
Ed is a registered user over on Locostbuilders as well.

This same discussion has been going on over there this morning.

The long and short of it is this:

Ed is not Darren, I know this personally.

The reason the domain is set up and linked with GTS is Darren helped Ed set up the web hosting side of everything. Darren has experience of this, Ed doesnt.

The deal on bodywork is good. I built a Panther (those from LCB will know) and had no issues with supply or delivery. The bodywork fit and finish is excellent, though I cannot comment on the Haynes bodywork as I havent seen it. I have recently (in the last 3 months) had a new bonnet for my Panther and again fit and finish is spot on and delivery was on time.

Ed has helped a few people resolve long standing issues over non delivery of parts and as such has built up a good relationship with Darren. Most issues have now been resolved thanks to the work Ed has put in. I have helped a few people out as well, but Ed's done most of the work.

Darrens failing are in organisation and work management, not in quality. Having someone else to help organise orders etc for inhouse made parts is a great step forward and should see turn around times drastically improved.

Superlooms is Ed's own creation, and should be treated as such. The bodywork is GTS, but again with the additional support I think things will improve.

David

slimtater
28th January 2010, 12:47 PM
This always seems to happen with threads relating to GTS - it becomes an elongated debate with divided camps.
Simple facts are:
* Some people have good things to say and some people bad things to say about GTS/Darren
* Some people have had good service, some mediocre and some bad from GTS (I fall in to the latter)
* There is a lot of suspicion around relating to anything connected to GTS, especially when the connections aren't immediately obvious OR as has been the case in the past, where a covert approach is used i.e. different username, new eBay trader, second/third parties etc
* Lots of mitigation has been given in the past relating to GTS/Darren and the trading style, organisational shortfalls etc. Don't think we need to read any more.
Perhaps if there had been a little bit of openness when this thread started along the lines of:
Hi, Through my own business, I am working with Darren at GTS and I aim to supply their bodywork but through my own reputable (evidence based) company. Appreciate there may have been difficulties with this supllier in the past, but feel free to PM/email me with your requirements and see if I can assist. I also post on LCB under the username of XXXXXXXX and you can see for yourself what I have or haven't been able to do.

Not saying that this would have completely prevented the thread evolving, but I am sure at the least it would have stopped me writing such a long post! :)
I had my difficulties with GTS 18 months ago, sorted through a credit card refund and choose not to use them any more, but I am over it and I have moved on.

TSM Locost
28th January 2010, 03:48 PM
Have to agree with Flack Monkey. He has helped out many people in his own time and at his own expence. Lets all give him a chance and best wishes for his new venture. :) :) :)

Bonzo
28th January 2010, 05:52 PM
Well done Tim

I would have struggled to put my own point of view so clearly.

Fully agree with every word :)

This always seems to happen with threads relating to GTS - it becomes an elongated debate with divided camps.
Simple facts are:
* Some people have good things to say and some people bad things to say about GTS/Darren
* Some people have had good service, some mediocre and some bad from GTS (I fall in to the latter)
* There is a lot of suspicion around relating to anything connected to GTS, especially when the connections aren't immediately obvious OR as has been the case in the past, where a covert approach is used i.e. different username, new eBay trader, second/third parties etc
* Lots of mitigation has been given in the past relating to GTS/Darren and the trading style, organisational shortfalls etc. Don't think we need to read any more.
Perhaps if there had been a little bit of openness when this thread started along the lines of:
Hi, Through my own business, I am working with Darren at GTS and I aim to supply their bodywork but through my own reputable (evidence based) company. Appreciate there may have been difficulties with this supllier in the past, but feel free to PM/email me with your requirements and see if I can assist. I also post on LCB under the username of XXXXXXXX and you can see for yourself what I have or haven't been able to do.

Not saying that this would have completely prevented the thread evolving, but I am sure at the least it would have stopped me writing such a long post! :)
I had my difficulties with GTS 18 months ago, sorted through a credit card refund and choose not to use them any more, but I am over it and I have moved on.

fabbyglass
29th January 2010, 05:30 PM
My 10p worth........The moulds I made for the Haynes were made in Cornwall with the help of a diamond geezer who hates kit cars but loves Mini's.
The plug was made on a Haynes chassis that I made, we used wood, foam whatever we could find then gallons and gallons of filler to create the shape. It was then divided up into Scuttle..bonnet...nosecone to ensure they 3 parts mated up.
Same for the back panel and sides.
The rear wings were made a similar way but the front cycle wings were made about 7 years ago for another firm, i just altered it a bit but both shapes I created using body filler on a tyre.........and hours and hours of sanding and sore fingers.....the whole lot was then painted then moulded

I didn't copy because there is way too much of that crap going on within the kit car Industry, i prefer to make my own shapes and leave the copying to those who can't do it themselves..I can think of a few who have and are still doing it.....:D :D