PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From Huddersfield????

twinturbo
27th January 2010, 09:34 AM
HELP

I have a parcel in huddersfield ( some hubs ) that the seller does not seem to want to post.

Cananyone help out with collection and shipping?

Thanks

TT

3GE Components
27th January 2010, 10:06 AM
Is the guy OK to pack it up ready to post? If so our courier would be happy to pick it up and get it to you.

Kind regards

John

twinturbo
27th January 2010, 10:29 AM
I tried my courrier but they failed twice to collect for some reason...

That was DHL via interparcel. Usualy ok so I am not sure what's going on...

TT

Bonzo
27th January 2010, 02:57 PM
I have been having the same sort of problems with Parcel Monkey & Parcel2Go since the recent cold snap began.
Just don't turn up to collect :(

DHL & City Link are usualy quite reliable ...... Apart from the rough handling of fragile items ( DHL ) !!??

I called our local City Link depot after a third failed collection the other day ... I was told that due to the recent bad weather, they had a huge backlog of parcels & were giving priority to collections booked directly through them :rolleyes:

With a little luck someone on the forum may be close enough to help :)

AshG
27th January 2010, 05:57 PM
home delivery network are the guys to use they have never failed to turn up unlike dhl and city link. they also txt you to say that they will be with you in the next 2-3hours.

spud69
27th January 2010, 06:46 PM
I've found TNT Express for UK and DPD for Europe, both through Interparcel, to be fine so far. Delivery and collection have been good to date.

You can always lie about the sizes too.....;)

flyerncle
27th January 2010, 09:27 PM
We used to use Huddersfield Parcels,not sure if they are still going.

Davey
27th January 2010, 09:41 PM
Before Christmas I waited for days for a flywheel bought off E-bay, after a week the seller contacted me to ask why I hadn't given him feedback and was amazed when I said I hadn't received it yet. He contacted the delivery company (Home delivery network) who said they had tried to deliver but no-one was in and they had carded us, not true. Then they said it had been refused, not true. This went on for over two weeks and involved several courier companies including City link. Several times we were told it had been refused but we had seen no delivery vans which was unusual as most of the delivery networks deliver to our estate and to us on a regular basis.

Finally I got call from the Vets half a mile away to say they had a heavy parcel for me. When I got down there it was my flywheel. Their receptionist told me they had refused this package several times from different companies. The seller had used Parcels To Go who for some unknown reason had put their own label over the top of his which had our correct address on while theirs didn't.

On this basis alone there is no way I would use Parcels To Go. We send stuff out either by Royal Mail or if its bigger than they will take it goes via our local courier company who are APC agents for overnight delivery. I used to work for the local courier company and I know very well what happens to parcels and the pressure the drivers are under. Doesn't make it any easier to bear when they cock it all up though.

D.

twinturbo
29th January 2010, 09:45 PM
Now sorted.

it had been booked with DHL via interparcel, aparently they tried to collect twice but the driver stated parcel unready. ( It was ready ) so I asked interparcel to cancel that collection.

I checked again with the vendor that the parcel was DEFO ready. and then rebooked with TNT via interparcel and it was collected first time. That was this mornign so hopefully they will be here on monday.

My office at work is starting to look like a garage :D .. Mind you, not as bad as my old office store room before I moved house, it had all the contents of my garage with the exception of the engines and gearboxes.

TT

Davey
29th January 2010, 10:12 PM
The single biggest problem for courier companies is that they can't afford to pay much more than basic minimum wage for drivers. The result is that the drivers feel undervalued and won't, in general, think for themselves (there are exceptions of course) because they don't feel valued enough and/or under too much pressure to complete what they perceive as a tough round. All this adds up to a high turnover of drivers in the courier world (many people who haven't done it think "I can drive and most of it is sitting down so it should be easy" only to have their pre conceptions shattered on the first day). Courier work is damned hard, whether it be same day or overnight collection/delivery on a set round.

When I worked for my local outfit (I did 18 months with them as a driver/mechanic) I could be called in at 04.30 AM to fix vans that wouldn't start ( or on one occasion the oil light wouldn't go out, 4 litres of oil fixed it) and then have a pickup 50 miles away to be delivered to Kent or Glasgow or even on occasions locally (few and far between). Or I could be given a 10.00am start for a round trip in a 7.5 tonner to Kent on a Friday with an expected return time of around midnight.

What I'm trying to say is that courier companies have a very high turnover of drivers and each new driver has to learn his route. Places like us that are tucked away in a trading estate hidden behind another can be tricky to find if you don't know the local area and the driver simply doesn't have time to fanny around so they put it down as "nobody in, carded" "parcel refused" or whatever in the vain hope that it won't be there tomorrow.

D.

twinturbo
30th January 2010, 08:03 AM
I used to get parcels deliverd by one driver, he was savvy. He handed me a package at work once and recognised me from near where he lived. From then on if he saw a package to me C/O work, and was not able to drop it at work then he would try my home later on in his round :D

TT