PDA

View Full Version : A few price changes at 3GE

3GE Components
29th January 2010, 04:00 PM
Hi Guys,

It seems that the lack of delivery from our steel suppliers due to bad weather has worked in favour for a change. As we had to order more tube that we are short of, we managed to negotiate a bit of a discount, which we are passing on.

So, for the next batches, starting February 1st, until they run out we are able to offer the following.

Front upper wishbones - £57.50
Front lower wishbones - £79.00
Rear upper wishbones - £57.50
Rear lower wishbones - £83.00
Rear uprights (disc or drum) - £97.50
Full set with uprights & top adjusters - £370
Top adjusters - £10
Mushroom inserts - £32

They are priced per pair, include vat & UK delivery is free So the above prices are all you pay.

Prices for the powder coated versions will be adjusted too, but as a guide we only charge £10 for individual pairs and £40 for a full set.

For those of you who have asked, here are a couple of pictures showing the quality of our welded items, these were still hot when taken, i'll get some of the uprights done soon..

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/3GEComponents/welding0030.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/3GEComponents/welding002.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/3GEComponents/welding005.jpg

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/3GEComponents/welding0040.jpg

Bonzo
29th January 2010, 05:29 PM
Great stuff there John :cool:

Oh I love the smell of freshly fried metal :D :o

Wish my MIG had that amount of poke :)

fabbyglass
29th January 2010, 05:34 PM
Proper Job as they say down here:cool:

tkpm
29th January 2010, 06:10 PM
Is this just for the fully welded parts only i.e. wishbones

teun
29th January 2010, 06:34 PM
Why not a discount on the pedalbox and free shipping to Holland:(

Spikehaus
29th January 2010, 06:51 PM
Great price on the mushrooms, I'll have a pair. Cheers, save me the headache of trying to finish the offset on mine!

3GE Components
29th January 2010, 07:11 PM
Why not a discount on the pedalbox and free shipping to Holland:(

We've been able to discount the parts above because we've got a discount on the materials used for them.

Our pedal boxes are still by far the cheapest by more than £25 by the time you take in to account UK postage.

Shipping to Europe is still expensive, but we are working on it.

Kind regards

John

3GE Components
29th January 2010, 07:11 PM
Is this just for the fully welded parts only i.e. wishbones

And the kits that make these parts up.

Kind regards

John

davidimurray
29th January 2010, 07:37 PM
Hi John

Hope your doing well.

Can you now supply aluminium Pinto inlet flanges and stainless exhaust flanges?

Cheers

Dave

3GE Components
29th January 2010, 07:40 PM
David,

I have a the flanges on file, if you send me your email I'll send the PDF's over so you can check for fit.

Kind regards

John

Davey
29th January 2010, 08:03 PM
At that price I'll take a pair of mushroom inserts please, I was going to machine my own up but at that price its just not worth the hassle. Which is easier for you, payment via paypal or by card over the phone?

Cheers, D.

3GE Components
29th January 2010, 08:18 PM
Hi

Paypal is easier, website prices will be updated on 1st feb but if you email me your email address which is registered with paypal i will send a payment request
Regards
keith

Davey
29th January 2010, 10:24 PM
E-mail sent.

D.

Spikehaus
29th January 2010, 10:40 PM
Keith,

I had a thread running a while ago before the meltdown of the forum. It what generally discussing the rear disk break uprights. The book manufactured rear uprights, once fitted with Sierra rear breaks do not have much clearance for the handbrake cable against the lower wishbone.

I remember chatting with Bonzo and a few others about this, however; I we never concluded the thread. Generally we discussed locating the rear calliper plates at 45 degrees.

Could you manufacture some for me like this. Due to work I have no time to complete my project and that promise for Stoneleigh show growing ever closer................!

Its going to take throwing a few quid at the project to keep to the programme!

Forgot to add, the welding by 3GE is spot on. The fabrication shop next door asked me how I got my weld so perfect, I just said beginners luck with a big grin! Sorry Keith! All my wishbones came from 3GE cos the my first attempt fell apart and the second got chucked across the workshop. I did make the rest!

3GE Components
30th January 2010, 10:45 AM
Keith,

I had a thread running a while ago before the meltdown of the forum. It what generally discussing the rear disk break uprights. The book manufactured rear uprights, once fitted with Sierra rear breaks do not have much clearance for the handbrake cable against the lower wishbone.

I remember chatting with Bonzo and a few others about this, however; I we never concluded the thread. Generally we discussed locating the rear calliper plates at 45 degrees.

Could you manufacture some for me like this. Due to work I have no time to complete my project and that promise for Stoneleigh show growing ever closer................!

Its going to take throwing a few quid at the project to keep to the programme!

Forgot to add, the welding by 3GE is spot on. The fabrication shop next door asked me how I got my weld so perfect, I just said beginners luck with a big grin! Sorry Keith! All my wishbones came from 3GE cos the my first attempt fell apart and the second got chucked across the workshop. I did make the rest!

That would not be a problem.

Kind regards

John

Carlo
30th January 2010, 01:50 PM
Mushroom inserts just what I need top price as well!:D

degmwilliams
30th January 2010, 10:13 PM
There isnt much penetration on the plate on the top picture, looks to be a little cold lap, the rest looks ok! Prices look good

Talonmotorsport
30th January 2010, 10:30 PM
There isnt much penetration on the plate on the top picture, looks to be a little cold lap, the rest looks ok! Prices look good

Could that be down to no weld prep on top of sheet steel black scale? I run 2-3mm weld prep round all the welded edges of my parts with a grinder, it gives a better looking weld. I learnt my lesson a while ago not to cut too many corners as it comes back to bite you in the arse.

degmwilliams
30th January 2010, 11:12 PM
It does help removing the scale, but would help turning the amps up and concentrating more on the plate and flicking it up on the tube, that would allow it to penetrate both more evenly.