PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Engine Mounts

tkpm
30th January 2010, 08:50 PM
I will be hopefuly be doing a trial fit of my engine in a couple of weeks, the problem i have is, the rubber engine mounts where perished so i need to replace them.

The local ford garage does not keep them and there price to order them made me full over with shock :eek:

So my question is what can i use instead or can someone tell me where i can get them, there for a 2l pinto.

Thanks in advance

Terry

GraemeWebb
30th January 2010, 08:58 PM
I will be hopefuly be doing a trial fit of my engine in a couple of weeks, the problem i have is, the rubber engine mounts where perished so i need to replace them.

The local ford garage does not keep them and there price to order them made me full over with shock :eek:

So my question is what can i use instead or can someone tell me where i can get them, there for a 2l pinto.

Thanks in advance

Terry

I bought these : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-V8-Engine-Mount-Mounting-Rubbers_W0QQitemZ270424000075QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef686c64 b

I am using a 4 cyl Bmw engine but these mount look neat and are cheap.

Tatey
30th January 2010, 09:08 PM
I will also be using these engine mounts, I also know that HandyAndy will be too., the engine mounts need to be motived to accommodate them though as they are not as big as the old ones.

gingea1pom
30th January 2010, 09:30 PM
I will be using the same as well on an 1800 CVH

tkpm
30th January 2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks guys will go spend some cash on flea bay.

Terry

spud69
31st January 2010, 12:22 PM
The land rover rubbers are the best to go for, they are cheap and give a nice firm support for the engine. The only problem is you shall have to remake the cvh engine brackets to suit.

A lot of people have had trouble with the sierra rubbers being perished so i think it would be wise for all builders to change their rubbers as part of the build.

AndyH

aerosam
1st February 2010, 12:48 PM
I bought mounts from car builder solutions, they do a nice range that aren't expensive so you may find a set to suit you without modifications.