PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Price Squeeze and developments

spud69
3rd February 2010, 02:10 AM
Dear All,

Saturn have now been trading for 3 months and now have a known cost base to work from and as such can revise the prices for in house products, bought in products will remain as they are. As such the website and stores have been adjusted to reflect this.

Amended price summary as follows:

GRP Products

Full 10 piece Gel Coated GRP Haynes body kit c/w Aeroscreen and Bulkhead - £885 to £770
Full 6 piece Gel Coated GRP Haynes body kit c/w Aeroscreen - £465 to £410
GRP Nose Cone - £140 to £125
GRP Bonnet - £125 to £110
GRP Scuttle - £125 to £115
GRP Front Cycle Wings - £65 to £55
GRP Rear Wings - £140 to £120
GRP Side Panels - £185 to £165
GRP Rear Tub - £130 to £120
GRP Black Aeroscreen - £60 to £45
GRP Black Bulkhead - £80 to £65
GRP Black Dashboard - £60 to £50

Fabricated Parts

Pre Cut Chassis pack with ALL parts pre cut and labelled, including paper build table template for bottom rail fabrication, ALSO front frame jigged and welded - £250 to £230
Completed chassis including all cp's and brackets - £670 to £650 (£790 inc p/coating)
Front lower wishbones - £85 to £75
Front upper wishbones - £64 to £57
Rear lower wishbones - £89 to £75
Rear upper wishbones - £86 to £75
Uprights - £115 to 105
Full wishbone and upright set - £395 to £365 (£45 p/coated)

We will also be adding to the product range as time goes on, firstly to include fuel tanks and roll bars. Shortly we will have full turning facilities for one offs and a cnc plasma cutting service for any one offs, dxf file will be required.

We have also added to the Saturn Roadster section where we are now offering full kits to builders to complete a roadster plus a donor car, this is not a complete full kit but will be soon. It is also an option for the kit to be purchased in 3 stages, complete chassis - rolling chassis - body and panels.

The intention is to carry out the same for the single seater ready for the launch of the build manual.

All prices include VAT

Both myself and Handy hope this helps all builders out there and promotes the Haynes Roadster as a viable concept to all, especially in these tight times (we all need some fun)

Please feel free to visit the Saturn Site (link below) and have a browse.

Regards........AndyH (tall) + HAndy (small)

AndyLockwood
3rd February 2010, 09:55 AM
Best of luck guys. Great prices with the quality as well;) . ill certainly be ordering in the future.

cheers

Andy L

gingea1pom
3rd February 2010, 10:00 AM
Andy, Andy,

That’s all great news,

I regularly check your web site for updates in the ‘Build Components’ section. I like the idea that there is a one stop shop for non Sierra/non fabricated roadster components, like the Maxi ball joints and engine mounts I have just ordered.

It will be used by people like me that really want the right component but are a little unsure that what I am looking at on Ebay is the right thing, however if I am looking at it on your web site I know it is the right thing or can phone up for advise.

The quality of the fibreglass panels I collected the other weekend are fantastic and thanks again for the great deal.

One component I am looking for is the bush or bearing that supports the end of the steering column as it goes through the top of the foot well, do people use the Sierra item or is there a bespoke part to use.

All positive stuff from you guys at Saturn, you will need a bigger stand at Stoneleigh.

Last point before I get back to some sort of work, posting at 01.10hrs is obscene!:eek:

Cheers Ginge

ozzy1
3rd February 2010, 10:06 AM
Nice to see prices coming down and not going up like most companies.
All we need to sort now is postage to OZ :D

twinturbo
3rd February 2010, 10:09 AM
Coolio!!!!

Tt

HandyAndy
3rd February 2010, 10:19 AM
cheers guys,

like the post says, we,ve now been trading a few months & feel that we are able to pass on the savings to you the builder,

& at the same time developing the range of parts that we can supply, infact the options of supplying full build kits ( with staged options ) was our plan from the beginning.

We feel that the options we have put together gives scope for individual builders to be able to build a Roadster to their own budgets & personal preferences ( build space/to weld /not to weld etc ) & knowing that as a builder completes a stage of the build they can then feel confident that the parts needed for each stage are available from Saturn Sports Cars when they require them.

The "one stop shop" was always our intention & infact we are the only supplier able to offer this from under the same roof.

As most of the forum members are aware we always welcome visitors to the Saturn unit to discuss a builders requirements & if the weather is kind a run out in a Roadster :D , who else can offer that:) ....you,ll always go home smiling.

Ginge.... if you mean the bush that supports the steering column that passes thru the CP15/Cp16 then yes we can supply that part too, another part that will be added to our range, infact only yesterday we have discussed offering the service of actually extending the customer supplied steering column with the correct length extension & bushes & possibly the end coupling.

cheers
andy (small one):o

spud69
3rd February 2010, 10:23 AM
Nice to see prices coming down and not going up like most companies.
All we need to sort now is postage to OZ :D

Hello Oz,

We have already priced a shipment of a full piece kit for a chap called Tim Woods, the price was £275 for sea freight to Melbourne, DDU which means you would be responsible for collection from port and import taxes and duty (£30 to £50). This may help, especially with the week pound. There seems to be a few builders in Oz land, maybe i should pack up and move out there with the kids (their mothers a copper though so would probably have me arrested at entry)

Thank you so far, and yes it is late but it should all be worth it Ginge....;)

Regards.....AndyH

Craig H
3rd February 2010, 10:24 AM
Postage is a bit steep :eek: or is that me

ginge,

this is the part you need

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Sierra-Granada-Mk3-steering-column-bush-kit-New_W0QQitemZ140375587250QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20af0979b2

also got my maxi ball joints from these guys, they used to do a kit with the transit ones for about £40 they may well still be able to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bottom-Ball-Joint-BL-Maxi-Locost-Higman-Brisca-F2_W0QQitemZ330400850615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ced6ce2b7

Bonzo
3rd February 2010, 10:43 AM
Brilliant news guys.

I am loving the new GRP parts price structure :)

On the flat pack chassis front .... The inclusion of a pre-fabricated front frame is a real bonus .... I know just how tricky that bugger can be to make. :eek:

It is certainly great to be able to go and see the parts that are on offer ... Have a chat with the guys ...... Heck, weather permitting, even get to ride in a completed Roadster ..... How cool is that :cool:

Certainly a service that you can't get when buying from Ebay .... Whilst on the subject of Ebay .... Why would a Roadster parts seller, keep thier sales history " Private " !!?? :confused:

I hope things go from strength to strength guys.

AndyLockwood
3rd February 2010, 10:49 AM
Its nice to see a supplier who actually has experience and knowledge in roadster builds rather than just producing parts. It makes life much easier knowing that if you come accross a problem you can just pick up the phone.:D

cheers

Andy L

spud69
3rd February 2010, 10:57 AM
Postage is a bit steep :eek: or is that me

ginge,

this is the part you need

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Sierra-Granada-Mk3-steering-column-bush-kit-New_W0QQitemZ140375587250QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20af0979b2

also got my maxi ball joints from these guys, they used to do a kit with the transit ones for about £40 they may well still be able to do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bottom-Ball-Joint-BL-Maxi-Locost-Higman-Brisca-F2_W0QQitemZ330400850615QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars Parts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ced6ce2b7

Morning Craig,

The way the admin is set up for the stores it lists the options in alphabetical order so UK always comes up last, but i've just thought of a way to change that, thanks.
The Maxi ball joints are on the site and cheaper than e-bay, the steering column bushes are to be added but it is fine to use the original ones, if not worn.

We are both very pleased that this announcement has been taken the way it was intended, big relief there....:)

Also added complete Saturn (Haynes) Roadster in 2 guises at a very competitive price, mainly since most components can be produced in-house.

Best Regards.....AndrewH

gingea1pom
3rd February 2010, 11:00 AM
I do like a good thread,

Andy, yes that is the bush I am on about.

CraigH, It probably is the part I need but the Army Defence Intranet wont let me go on to Ebay, thank god it lets me on the forum.

Cheers Ginge

spud69
3rd February 2010, 11:03 AM
I do like a good thread,

Andy, yes that is the bush I am on about.

CraigH, It probably is the part I need but the Army Defence Intranet wont let me go on to Ebay, thank god it lets me on the forum.

Cheers Ginge

I shall order one in to go with your recent order Ginge.

AndrewH

gingea1pom
3rd February 2010, 11:06 AM
Spud,

You are a star,

Tempting fate now…….. Do you what some money for that?:D

Cheers Ginge

AndyLockwood
3rd February 2010, 11:07 AM
you dont get if you dont ask:D

teun
3rd February 2010, 11:08 AM
Iam looking for a set rear arches. the colour is not important because i have to spray al my other parts. So what will a set cost includign shipping to Holland?

HandyAndy
3rd February 2010, 11:13 AM
Its nice to see a supplier who actually has experience and knowledge in roadster builds rather than just producing parts. It makes life much easier knowing that if you come accross a problem you can just pick up the phone.:D

cheers

Andy L

Thanks Andy, its nice the way you have commented on that aspect,

as hopefully most folk will know that Saturn was created by Andy H ( spud69) who asked me to be "onboard" from day 1, the 2 of us having built/currently building our own cars & have gone thru the same process of the build as all folk building a Roadster & so we,re happy & confident to be able to offer our experiences/knowledge of building the car itself, & yes that is hopefully a confidence inspiring extra to the services that Saturn can offer.

cheers andy ( shorty )

spud69
3rd February 2010, 11:24 AM
Iam looking for a set rear arches. the colour is not important because i have to spray al my other parts. So what will a set cost includign shipping to Holland?

Hello Teun,

Due to the size of the rear wings we can get these delivered as a standard parcel through DPD for £30 inc VAT. So £150 altogether, i would make these in clear gel to make painting easier. I have updated the site to include the shipping.

Ginge, just get me few bottle of the Brown Ale nectar next time we see you - i think i need them

Regards...AndyH

gingea1pom
3rd February 2010, 11:27 AM
Hello Teun,

Due to the size of the rear wings we can get these delivered as a standard parcel through DPD for £30 inc VAT. So £150 altogether, i would make these in clear gel to make painting easier. I have updated the site to include the shipping.

Ginge, just get me few bottle of the Brown Ale nectar next time we see you - i think i need them

Regards...AndyH

Andy,

Little things like that make my day and say alot about your comitment to the Roadster. either that or you are bonkers. I owe you.

Cheers Ginge

twinturbo
3rd February 2010, 11:47 AM
Smiles all round :)

My mondeo has just failed it's MOT, so will be replaced by our MK1 Golf when the engine converison is finished over the next week or two..... Then the Mondeo will be liberated of parts and the money pumped into ROADSTER :D

Every cloud has a stardust silver mondeo lining ;)

TT

les g
3rd February 2010, 01:15 PM
Pretty impressive guys
your drive and dedication astounds me
when do you have time to sleep
cheers les g

Hmm. Thought .......I wonder how much it hurts our regular "Bargain Hunter"
(the short one ) to be on the wrong end of a bargain
i bet he,s in a bit of a tailspin now...... :eek:
Sorry Andy :D quirky things make me chuckle.......:)

HandyAndy
3rd February 2010, 01:30 PM
Pretty impressive guys
your drive and dedication astounds me
when do you have time to sleep
cheers les g

Hmm. Thought .......I wonder how much it hurts our regular "Bargain Hunter"
(the short one ) to be on the wrong end of a bargain
i bet he,s in a bit of a tailspin now......
Sorry Andy quirky things make me chuckle.......

cheers Les............

sleep?????? whats that then??????:rolleyes:

we were both on the forum at approx 2am this morning:eek:

as for being on the end of the bargains (wrong end ) well, i know how i like a bargain so know how others will/do feel when a bargain is available :p

talking of bargains.......... i won an auction on the bay for a polo rad, starting price 99p............ final price 99p............ no postage as its in my town :D ...... might even walk to collect it, save fuel lol

cheers for your nice comments Les.

now where,s my sleeping bag

cheers
andy (shorty)

spud69
3rd February 2010, 01:42 PM
AHHH but Les not only can he get things cheap but he can now get them super cheap!!!!!!!!!!;)

Thanks

les g
3rd February 2010, 01:46 PM
Blimey mate thats a good bargain for 99p
it will be an even better one if big Andy uses his fuel and car and drives you to pick it up....or you could haggle it down to 50p when you get there ........

As for for 2am i was awake mate but its just the pain in my knee
otherwise i would normally well under the duvet

as for bargains i just had this vision of your "bargain alarm" going off on your computer and you bidding on you own stuff..............

on a more serious note wil you guys be doing lighting sets/kits and brake line kits in the near future
getting near to that stage now slowly
cheers les g

Bonzo
3rd February 2010, 01:50 PM
talking of bargains.......... i won an auction on the bay for a polo rad, starting price 99p............ final price 99p............ no postage as its in my town :D ...... might even walk to collect it, save fuel lol

cheers
andy (shorty)

Your batering skills are legendary Andy :)

Have you got the exact money counted out ready for when you collect the Rad :D :D

spud69
3rd February 2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Les,

The brake line kits are already on sale on the site, they include all you need to plumb in the sierra braking system, including Lucas hydraulic pressure switch and the proper rubber lined 'P' clips (keep IVA man happy), also there are sets of brand new Sierra front brake discs.

For the lighting sets i am starting to build a relationship over at S-V-C and hope to put some good sets on the site, rather than cheapo land rover lights. The only thing with light sets is the amount of variety and deciding which sets to go for.

BTW Andy can bloody well walk to Stockton to get his rad, He is talking though of giving the bloke £1 just as a good will gesture - he's just on the phone to his bank manager now.....:D

Cheers....AndyH

HandyAndy
3rd February 2010, 02:07 PM
Your batering skills are legendary Andy

Have you got the exact money counted out ready for when you collect the Rad

:D
in pennies from my piggy bank , weighing up the cost of fuel against the cost in shoe leather ?????? hhhmmmmmmmm:o

Les........

a few months back i bought a RS1600i exhaust manifold.........same thing happened, got it for 99p, no postage as collected it myself........gave the guy a £1 coin & he said "don,t be daft, you can have it, its worth the good feedback" :D
I DID insist he take the money tho. ( i,ve seen them go for £30 plus on the bay, right time right place):D

cheers
andy

AndyLockwood
3rd February 2010, 02:32 PM
he's such a generous chap by the time the sellar has given him a cuppa and a buiscuit the rad will be free!

cheers

Andy

Janne E
3rd February 2010, 03:23 PM
Handy!!

Don´t forget what I told you!!!!!!

STOP talking and start building :D :D :D

Janne

spud69
3rd February 2010, 03:59 PM
Handy!!

Don´t forget what I told you!!!!!!

STOP talking and start building

Janne

That's no good Janne, he talks continuously while he's building aswell....:p

If we got paid for by the word instead of by the hour we'd be rolling in it....:cool:

AndyH

Bonzo
3rd February 2010, 04:18 PM
That's no good Janne, he talks continuously while he's building aswell....:p

AndyH

PML :D :D :D

les g
3rd February 2010, 04:34 PM
spud
i can believe that as well
i reckon he,s a right little herbert

sand,sand, mutter, mutter, spanner ,spanner, yabber ,yabber,hammer .hammer .rabbit .rabbit

hang on that sounds like my TJ
Litle Andy wasn,t in Cornwall 17 years ago was he....
les g

HandyAndy
3rd February 2010, 04:38 PM
i,m saying NOWT :o

i,m busy making some "bones"...............rabbit rabbit rabbit fag coffee rabbit:D bones

andy

spud69
3rd February 2010, 05:35 PM
Just had confirmation from Protech Dampers to let me put the new Protech Dampers up for sale for the Haynes. Please have a look, they are not cheap but are oozing sex appeal. Two knobs to play with - what more could you need.

http://www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=65

Slightly cheaper than direct with VAT on...........:D

Tatey
3rd February 2010, 09:14 PM
Will SSC be offering a wishbone kit at all in the future? Just the bare minimum, so all of the seamless tube (without fishmouths) etc?

spud69
3rd February 2010, 09:41 PM
Will SSC be offering a wishbone kit at all in the future? Just the bare minimum, so all of the seamless tube (without fishmouths) etc?

We were just talking about that today Tatey, thought is that by the time we have bought and cut the steel and the customer paid postage, they would still need to make the jigs for the wishbones so maybe it would not be viable to the builder. Maybe be wrong though, certainly open to other thoughts.

Regards....AndyH

davidimurray
3rd February 2010, 11:22 PM
Hey Guys

Good to hear of a company that actually passes on the savings and puts the customer first. I've been involved with model engineering for years and it's amazing how many companies don't care about the customer. I now tend to use a few suppliers who despite not being the cheapest always guarantee me good reliable service.

Out of interest a few thoughts for the staurn guys -
Are you planning to sell the bits from the bunldes seperately - e.g. brake hose, pressure switch etc?
Have you thought about adding a 7 piece package to the bodywork kits i.e. the 6 piece including the bonnet?
As the suggestion has been made regarding wishbone jigs - how about making a set that are rented out on a refundable deposit basis with a small rental charge?
Have you thought about adding some of the ancillary bits - e.g. i'm thinking about things like brackets for the polo and clio rads etc.
Finally - something that would be really useful to those of us who plan on getting bodywork but cannot afford it yet would be a drawing showing where the nosecone sits, either end of the bonnet and the scuttle position. Also at this point it would be useful to have the cross-section shapes. The reason I ask is I would like to make cardboard templates to tape to the chassis while I finish the engine bay so I can ensure that everything will fit under the bonnet.

Cheers

Dave

TQ_uk
4th February 2010, 05:27 PM
Any updates/more info on the alternative 'cobra' style bodywork previously mentioned?

GraemeWebb
4th February 2010, 06:00 PM
Hey Guys

Good to hear of a company that actually passes on the savings and puts the customer first. I've been involved with model engineering for years and it's amazing how many companies don't care about the customer. I now tend to use a few suppliers who despite not being the cheapest always guarantee me good reliable service.

Are you planning to sell the bits from the bunldes seperately - e.g. brake hose, pressure switch etc?
Have you thought about adding a 7 piece package to the bodywork kits i.e. the 6 piece including the bonnet?
As the suggestion has been made regarding wishbone jigs - how about making a set that are rented out on a refundable deposit basis with a small rental charge?
Have you thought about adding some of the ancillary bits - e.g. i'm thinking about things like brackets for the polo and clio rads etc.
Finally - something that would be really useful to those of us who plan on getting bodywork but cannot afford it yet would be a drawing showing where the nosecone sits, either end of the bonnet and the scuttle position. Also at this point it would be useful to have the cross-section shapes. The reason I ask is I would like to make cardboard templates to tape to the chassis while I finish the engine bay so I can ensure that everything will fit under the bonnet.

Cheers

Dave

Daves idea of the bodywork dimensions/template is a good one. I am fitting a tall BMW motor and it would be handy for me as well.

Enoch
4th February 2010, 06:31 PM
I would like to see an ally panel set eg seat back, sides tranny tunnel sides, floor and optional back panel. If that could be supplied at a sensible price I reckon lots would be sold as I bet not many people have facilities to handle / cut large sheets.
Just my 2p worth.
Enoch

tkpm
4th February 2010, 08:14 PM
I would like to see an ally panel set eg seat back, sides tranny tunnel sides, floor and optional back panel. If that could be supplied at a sensible price I reckon lots would be sold as I bet not many people have facilities to handle / cut large sheets.
Just my 2p worth.
Enoch

I have to agree with Enoch, as i'm not looking forward to cutting up sheets of ally

HandyAndy
4th February 2010, 08:25 PM
all of the items Enoch has mentioned are "in progress",
we,ll get some photos up on here & the Saturn web site soon.

Again, Saturn is trying to offer parts for the very reason thats been stated, space/equipment to fabricate the odd/awkward panels ,

Whilst there is discussion on what folk would like for their builds that we can supply, we have a few more in the pipeline but what else would you the builders like us to supply?

your suggestions are welcomed.

cheers
andy

HandyAndy
4th February 2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Guys

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for your kind words David, :cool:

You have some good suggestions there, leave it with us for a day or 2 & we,ll see what can be done on each of them.

Tho , on the idea of "hiring out" the wishbone jigs, this may well cost more than making the jig as our wishbone jigs are made from 5mm plate & so the postage cost would be quite high due to the weight :eek:

Not that we,re dismissing the idea, just looking at the cost factor to each person that would want to hire them.

keep the suggestions coming & we,ll do what we can .

cheers
andy

spud69
5th February 2010, 11:24 AM
Hello Dave and Others and thanks again for the comments,

All of the suggestions you have made are very positive and are all things we are looking, things take time though to be setup properly. Shipping costs will be prohibitive though with the templates.

With regard to the engine bay template, i have been asked this a few times now giving the measurements below from which a card template can easily be made. There is also a bonnet in progress with a larger and longer scoop for bigger engines, the work on the Single Seater though has delayed this - nearly done though. Measurements:

Front Frame to rear of nose / front of bonnet: 220mm, height: 200mm
Front frame to front of scoop: 380mm, height: 260mm
Front frame to rear of scoop: 710mm, height: 230mm
Front frame to rear of bonnet: 1220mm, height: 260mm

Hope this helps with your build.

regards....AndyH

davidimurray
5th February 2010, 01:24 PM
That's brilliant - thanks for that information - if you don't mind I will make a little sketch and post up for other people on here. Do you happen to have an idea of the approximate radius of the bonnet corners as they sweep down. I'd like to try and see if I can squeeze my intake/airfilter under the bonnet.

Thanks again for that info.

Cheers

Dave

spud69
5th February 2010, 02:11 PM
That's brilliant - thanks for that information - if you don't mind I will make a little sketch and post up for other people on here. Do you happen to have an idea of the approximate radius of the bonnet corners as they sweep down. I'd like to try and see if I can squeeze my intake/airfilter under the bonnet.

Thanks again for that info.

Cheers

Dave

Have no problem you doing that at all Dave, i would have by now but just don't have time at the moment.

The bonnet radius is, approx, 120mm front and back and the bonnet meets the top rails at about 85deg.

All the Best....AndyH

alga
5th February 2010, 08:32 PM
OK, here's a side view of the chassis with the bodywork according to these dimensions with a Zetec outline from the MVH data sheet:
http://fridge.pov.lt/~alga/zetec/Nuotrauka.png
DXF: http://fridge.pov.lt/~alga/zetec/chassis.dxf

frankie boy
5th February 2010, 08:47 PM
OK, here's a side view of the chassis with the bodywork according to these dimensions with a Zetec outline from the MVH data sheet:
http://fridge.pov.lt/~alga/zetec/Nuotrauka.png
DXF: http://fridge.pov.lt/~alga/zetec/chassis.dxf

Hi
Engine dose'nt look right to me if you have done it to scale.

davidimurray
5th February 2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks Andy for the dimensions - Hopefully the attached should represent the dimensions you describe. Feel free to use the drawing if it is any use.

Cheers

Dave

alga
6th February 2010, 02:28 AM
Hi
Engine dose'nt look right to me if you have done it to scale.

Why? It is to scale. Zetec is 64 cm high with the standard sump according to the drawing on the MVH data sheet. The height of chassis + bonnet is around 56 cm at the timing belt cover. The sump is 22 cm high, whereas The Book recommends to cut the sump at around -15 cm waterline.

spud69
6th February 2010, 11:07 AM
That's great David and Alga, it will be very useful for other builders.

Alga, my Zetec does have more room than that but i may have been a little conservative with the measurements as i didn't want to over measure and then builders find that things didn't fit. The top front of my Zetec sits just on the bonnet line, and not into the scoop - however i do have my engine as far back as possible. "Edit" when you look again you are very close to my installation there Alga.

Thanks for all your efforts, really appreciate it.

I will take more careful measurements soon.

Regards....AndyH

Bonzo
9th February 2010, 06:32 PM
Sorry to sort of highjack this thread :o :o

Andy, may I ask how far back did you go with the Zetec engine & did you use the stock, thermostat housing ? :)

jasongray5
9th February 2010, 06:57 PM
Ron,
I had to move the upper rail back by 25mm to accomidate the standard zetec thermostat housing

spud69
9th February 2010, 07:00 PM
I did the same Ronnie, but probably about 40mm and used the original thermostat housing. Cut out the top rail at the transmission tunnel and re-welded it 40mm along the tunnel. Was going to be too expensive to fit a water rail to the engine. Was worth it though, i think it's best to have the weight of the engine and gearbox as far back as possible - the car is certainly well balanced that way.

Regards....AndyH

gingea1pom
9th February 2010, 07:12 PM
Just a quick one my stuff turned up today thanks.

Cheers Ginge

spud69
9th February 2010, 07:14 PM
That's good, thanks Graham.

Bonzo
9th February 2010, 07:39 PM
Cheers Andy & Jas :cool: :)

spud69
10th February 2010, 03:12 PM
Good Afternoon All,

Just to keep everybody up to speed with everything. We have added some more parts to the Saturn site as below:

1. separate rear upper camber adjusters with locking half nut (don't worry we've cut the head off the bolt.....;) )
2. camber adjuster inserts for the front uppers, means you don't have to remove drag link from mushroom adapter to adjust camber
3. 5 piece pack to convert rear of chassis from ali to grp rear end

I've also put a 1967 (E) Beetle up for sale on Pistonheads and VW World if any peeps are interested:

http://www.magazineclassifieds.co.uk/search/volksworld/details/219780/1967_-_1600cc_Beetle.php

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1493844.htm

Regards.....AndyH

spud69
18th February 2010, 07:24 PM
Hello Again,

We've now put up front wing stays for the Haynes up on the Website, they are made for the Sierra front uprights and slightly amended to the book spec as to miss the front brake calipers.

The wing plates are left straight for builders to bend into the correct position depending on wheel and wing choice.

All the Best....AndyH

Bonzo
18th February 2010, 08:36 PM
Nice to see that your range of products is expanding Andy :cool: :cool: :)