PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Bodywork Colour

SeriesLandy
4th February 2010, 06:45 PM
What is the ral code/colour for the body work (blue) on the website??

Also can anyone tell me what this colour is? He says its "Yamaha Blue"
http://spdpug98.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/rr-blog1.jpg?w=491&h=327
Another one. (http://spdpug98.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sva-7.jpg?w=510&h=339)
Cheers guys

Bonzo
4th February 2010, 07:02 PM
Look's to me as if Saturns colour is RAL5002 Ultramarine Blue

possibly RAL 5005 Signal Blue , don't think so though :)

Here's a decent RAL colour chart for you

RAL colours (http://www.ralcolor.com)

HandyAndy
4th February 2010, 07:36 PM
Spud will, i,m sure be able to confirm the Ral colour of the kit in the photo,

we have produced a couple of "blue coloured" kits & i,d hate to give you the incorrect code.

cheers
andy

SeriesLandy
4th February 2010, 07:41 PM
Spud will, i,m sure be able to confirm the Ral colour of the kit in the photo,

we have produced a couple of "blue coloured" kits & i,d hate to give you the incorrect code.

cheers
andy
Also how long roughly does it take to make a set of bodywork?

The only info I managed to find on the web said RAL 5005 for the Yamaha.

Cheers guys

HandyAndy
4th February 2010, 07:53 PM
if we,re making a full set of bodywork then the timescale to mould the parts , remove the parts from the moulds & trim them is about a week, so depending on when a kit is ordered (which day etc) then generally speaking the kit would be ready for collection/despatch the following week.

as a rule of thumb, 10 days from the start of the making process is a fairly good guide.

If timescale is tight then contact us so that we can order the correct Ral colour & once we receive it then the above timescale is a good guide.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy ( the short one :o )

SeriesLandy
4th February 2010, 09:45 PM
Not long then really. I'm not in a rush just gathering funds, I havn't touched the car since november due to lack of funds (1st house).

I should be ordering shortly though.

les g
4th February 2010, 10:35 PM
if you go on the cfs webby there colour chart/ral chart is
a lot better/accurate than saturns chart..
i,m sure spud will agree there chart does not do the colour range justice
cheers les
type into search bar...www.cfsnet.co.uk

Bonzo i feel a linky thing is called for please oblige......
thanks in advance

spud69
5th February 2010, 10:17 AM
Hello Steve,

Just seen your post, the RAL colour in the website for the bodykit is RAL 5013, Cobalt Blue. The images / picture colours can vary in appearance on different computer monitors.

The set on that picture was made for Andy_Hem and the colour did look very nice.

If you need any more info Steve then please feel free to ask.

Regards....AndyH

SeriesLandy
5th February 2010, 12:56 PM
Many thanks for the replies.

les g
5th February 2010, 01:00 PM
Spud
apologies for my error that set looked bluer than cobalt blue..........
and very much like mine...
still anyway looked nice
cheers les g

spud69
5th February 2010, 01:03 PM
Cheers Les,

you're right Les the colour chart is naff, i took it from Triton's when we bought the moulds. It will be changed though. If you do a search on the RAL colour though even on the same monitor, the same colour result in the search all look slightly different.

AndyH

mark
5th February 2010, 05:01 PM
Talking about the colour charts reminded me that when i was picking my colour for bodywork at saturn i couldnt believe the difference in the colour charts on the internet compared to the fob full of samples that spud has.

If you can its definately worth seeing the samples in real life (not a computer) if you are unsure on colour choice, its one of the most expensive parts of the build so its important to be happy with it.

Most of the colours seem a little dull (on my monitor anyway) but alot of them looked more vibrant on the proper samples.

I always wanted orange and black so it wasnt an issue but lots of the colours i had originally discounted on the computer were really nice when you see them properly.