PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Enthusiasm

carlknight1982
7th February 2010, 07:26 PM
Well After a break of about 6 months following the break up of my marriage teh loss of my home and access to my kids today i ventured into my new workshop (read 20ft container) and instead of feeling despondent and not wanting to touch the kit i actually spent an hour working on it, so it looks like the enthusiasm is rethruning, ok so i ony welded up one engine mount and tacked the other together but its a start! now im itching to get going again.

Ive missed u guys :P

gingea1pom
7th February 2010, 07:35 PM
Nice one Carl,

At least you have somewhere you can get away from everything.

Do you have some pictures of your progress?

Cheers Ginge

flyerncle
7th February 2010, 07:50 PM
Keep at it Carl,good luck mate. :cool:

Bonzo
7th February 2010, 08:58 PM
I know how hard it is to re-gain motivation after a long lay up :(

Same thing for me mate, different circumstances but very difficult to make a start again.

Once you do manage to re-start the build, surprising just how quickly the desire returns :)

Keep with it Carl & keep us up to date with your progress :cool:

carlknight1982
8th February 2010, 06:21 PM
well today i managed to spend another hour and a half on the car! i started witha bit of tidying up as the place was a tip!

then i tacked the other engine mount together, drilled the holes in them and droped the engine onto them so its now sitting on the mounts in the chassis, i nothced ive put the arms on the wrong sides so need to correct tht tommoorrow evening, i couldnt do any more as i lost all feeling in my fingers! bloody snow!

gingea1pom
8th February 2010, 06:40 PM
Carl,

I have just been being nose and was having a look at your pictures from July. I hope to be at that stage by the end of the week, but it is so cold in the garage I don’t think the paint will dry.

What size are the wheels and tyres in the picture?

Cheers Ginge

HandyAndy
8th February 2010, 06:44 PM
nice to hear you,re back into your build, the container workshop is a great idea, nice & secure garage when your car is finished :cool:

cheers
andy

carlknight1982
9th February 2010, 06:08 AM
205 55 R15 ford rims Ginge,

I will try to post some updated pictures when i get a new camera, its amazing how much damage weld splatter does! oh well it was only a cheapie £20 job from tesco!

your right about the paint i did that back in july and it took time to dry then, were talking days to properly set before i could apply another coat.

ive taken a step backwards ive had to remove the zetec and fit a pinto anchor, now im fighting with the engine position and mountings as obviously everything was set nicely for the zetec.