PDA

View Full Version : CVH Thermostat Housing!!!

Jimmyd
9th February 2010, 10:24 PM
Well started my CVH engine for the first time, no exhaust or radiator but in runs!!! So went and got myself a FWD CVH thermostat housing which will fit the back of my head with core plug removed but it's going to foul TR8. Would it be a really bad idea to cut out a section and brace between TR1 & 2. See the green lines in piccy. I'm really not that happy about it but I can't bring the engine forward without having problems with the gear lever etc.

Any ideas.

J
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac48/Jimmydroadster/CIMG2801.jpg

gingea1pom
9th February 2010, 10:57 PM
After looking at this on my 1.8 CVH, I think I am going the run a pipe from the original location on the side of the head next to inlet port 4 then use an in line thermostat. Thus keeping the engine in the correct place and not having to cut or modify the chassis.

Cheers Ginge

Jimmyd
9th February 2010, 11:17 PM
That would mean a new manifold with a take off pipe in my case. Never thought of that when I made up the manifold for my bike carbs. I spent to much time thinking about blocking it off!!!

J

gingea1pom
9th February 2010, 11:37 PM
Could you not drill out the manifold and attach a pipe?

gus
10th February 2010, 09:31 AM
Could you not just fabricate a dog leg in TR8? You would retain the member in one piece but with it just kinking around the thermostat housing.

Cheers

Gus