PDA

View Full Version : New member

Fatrich
13th February 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi just joined today I started on my build before xmas, been a bit stop start but only the back end to cut and tack before fully welding.

A bit about me , I have been a sheet metal worker for 26 years (got the gold watch to prove it) so i have quite a bit of kit at my disposal MIG and TIG welders,cold saw,benders and a laser cutter and a few other usefull bits oh and a very understanding boss who is letting me use the workshop.

I have just bought a very tidy granada cosworth V6 24v as a donor only done 91000 and the engine runs sweet. Hope I dont have to much trouble getting it to fit and run ,not looking forward to the wiring so may need some advice but thats a long way off

Cheers everyone

Fatrich

twinturbo
13th February 2010, 08:30 PM
What year Granny is it?

Welcome to the forum ;)

TT

tkpm
13th February 2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the forum

Fatrich
13th February 2010, 08:37 PM
It's a 93 paid £500 seems a shame to break it

twinturbo
13th February 2010, 09:01 PM
Ok, It will most likly have a twin fusebox loom. This makes life a little fun, I have avoided the twin box looms for my car ( I have a couple lying arround but have not documented them as yet. ) If it's a very late single box loom then your wiring will be a sinch fo rthe engine...

Make sure you whip of the timing cover and inspect the tensioner blade, a failure on the blade will cost near enough a grand to fix.

TT

Davey
13th February 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Rich and welcome. I too am using a Granada Cosworth V6 (although mine is not officially a Haynes Roadster), mine is a '90/91 job with 60K on it and sweet as a nut. I'm not using the Granny wiring loom as I'm going with independent throttle bodies and a third party ECU. I look forward to following your build.

D.

Fatrich
13th February 2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks I'll check that, and try to keep my progress updated as I said I am a sheet metal worker so if anybody is close to leighton buzzard beds and needs any steel, ally or bits of tube etc i'm sure i can sort them out

Bonzo
14th February 2010, 09:31 AM
A very warm welcome to the forum fatrich :cool:

I grew up not a million miles from you ( Luton ) ........ Been in Cornwall since i was 13

I am now officialy a non-emmet ( They go back again )..... I have risen to the rank of Hemorrhoid ...... They come down & stay :D :D

Plenty of help & advice available here ...... Enjoy your build & keep us updated with your progress :)