PDA

View Full Version : It was going so well then D12 / D13 came along

Enoch
14th February 2010, 07:26 PM
Hi folks, well my build has progressed rather well but today I have hit a potential brick wall. From the book it appears that when D12 is installed correctly at a 44 degree angle to match up with CP7 it should meet the rear suspension frame at the top rear corner, where it joins to D13 - the other end of which joins the bottom bent tube RP1 (or RP2 - can't remember) Anyways when I do this D13 seems to be a good 1/2 inch or more too long, even when the end has been radiused to join RP1. The tube is cut to the right length, the check height of 112mm is correct within 1mm, all other dimensions check out to within a mil or two. Anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts or words of encouragement will be very much appreciated.
Enoch.

gingea1pom
14th February 2010, 08:47 PM
I can’t offer an answer to your problem, like most on here I would love to come over and be a second pair of eyes on a re-measure. Also I have built my rear end to take a Suturn rear tub.

If it is any consolation D13 only supports RP1 so not critical like a suspension mount.

I found as my build progressed and the basic chassis was in place, you can be less critical with book accuracy. After all the discussion on here over steering wheel support frame, I took some advice and clamped the steering column in about the right place and built the support around it without referring to the good book.

Not much help really but rest assured you will either work it out or decide it is not that important.

Sorry to waffle on but SWMBO is watching Dancing on Ice.

Daniel Wastbrook has got massive B****

Cheers Ginge

tkpm
14th February 2010, 08:54 PM
Daniel Wastbrook has got massive B****

Cheers Ginge

Buttocks, lol :D

gingea1pom
14th February 2010, 08:57 PM
yep them an all.

Hijack over

Enoch
15th February 2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks folks. I will go back to it after work today and see what is going on. I had tacked one of the D12's to the chassis, I have now taken it back off and found that my D12's are different lengths by about 3mm so that's part of the problem. I will Email Daniel Wastbrook and see if he has any ideas:D